**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ronin Tips

AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
Pulled Ronin today as a 6 star and am just trying to figure out exactly how to use him. I have a general idea to build up the cruelty buffs to 7 then sp3 pretty much? Not sure of the most effective way to get cruelty. Light, dash back then light light dash back? Just looking for any tips from anyone who frequently uses him or understands the nuances of him a bit better than me. Thanks!

Comments

• RordogRordog Posts: 27
    There are a couple variations of how to play him that I know.
    1. Short fights: dash in, get guard stance, dash back and intercept into wraith, and then alternate between them until 6 cruelty. Finish a combo and dash back to get demon. Full combo and then sp2 to finish.
    2. Longer fights: start off and get guard stance. Don’t be as aggressive with the intercepts. The goal is to get the sp3 fury just after you get the precision passive off of the 7 cruelties. After that, you move into the short fight sequence to get the most out of the burst damage. Or just repeat the long fight cycle if you don’t think you have the reach. In general, I think he is underrated considering his utility. Guard stance purifies a debuff and give perfect block. Wraith lowers opponents ability Accuracy. And demon just pumps out bleeds.

The best way to get cruelty is to intercept while the opponent is under one bar of power. I can normally pull off 3-4 back drafts during this time at the beginning. After that, parry or intercept. Get up to seven cruelties as fast as you can. If you have 7 and the precision passive expires, just swap to a new stance to refresh it. My standard stance rotation is: alternate guard and wraith to get to 6 cruelty and then get number 7 from demon stance then just hammer in.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    He's a really good pull. Don't forget that Guard stance lets him parry projectiles.

Really helpful against an increasing number of opponents, including Ebony Maw in this month's Uncollected EQ.

He also has some very interesting synergies.
  • AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★

He's a really good pull. Don't forget that Guard stance lets him parry projectiles.

Really helpful against an increasing number of opponents, including Ebony Maw in this month's Uncollected EQ.

Unfortunately I wont be testing him against Maw. I finished eq already, but I will have to test him a little bit. Seems like a champ you need to get used to and get a hang of him.
  • AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    Rordog said:

There are a couple variations of how to play him that I know.
    1. Short fights: dash in, get guard stance, dash back and intercept into wraith, and then alternate between them until 6 cruelty. Finish a combo and dash back to get demon. Full combo and then sp2 to finish.
    2. Longer fights: start off and get guard stance. Don’t be as aggressive with the intercepts. The goal is to get the sp3 fury just after you get the precision passive off of the 7 cruelties. After that, you move into the short fight sequence to get the most out of the burst damage. Or just repeat the long fight cycle if you don’t think you have the reach. In general, I think he is underrated considering his utility. Guard stance purifies a debuff and give perfect block. Wraith lowers opponents ability Accuracy. And demon just pumps out bleeds.

The best way to get cruelty is to intercept while the opponent is under one bar of power. I can normally pull off 3-4 back drafts during this time at the beginning. After that, parry or intercept. Get up to seven cruelties as fast as you can. If you have 7 and the precision passive expires, just swap to a new stance to refresh it. My standard stance rotation is: alternate guard and wraith to get to 6 cruelty and then get number 7 from demon stance then just hammer in.

I'm just screen shotting this for reference lmao.
  • RordogRordog Posts: 27
    Astounds said:

Unfortunately I wont be testing him against Maw. I finished eq already, but I will have to test him a little bit. Seems like a champ you need to get used to and get a hang of him.
    He is a very interesting character that requires a lot of skill and practice. Learning a lot about him is really good and mandatory, but he requires a lot of practice to master.