**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance War ending issues [Merged Thread; Title edited for clarity]

Comments

• Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    Can we get absolute confirmation that war rating will not be moved before this war starts? Really don’t want my alliance to Waste items on a war that will have no bearing on either rating or points total.... need to know this going in thanks.
  • Drekakn said:

Just to clarify, the war that will not count is the one that started today and is currently in placement phase for some alliances? We weren’t affected and have placed champs but if it’s not going to count then I want to make sure we don’t use any items. @Kabam Miike can you please confirm because it some people that I’ve talked to think is the one that ended attack phase today (placement phase ended yesterday).

Yes, if you are in Placement Phase right now, this war is the one that is not being counted.
    Thanks for clarifying for those couple people a few replies up that thought the war that they were about to win because placement was at 30 vs 28 (placement had just started, normally would have still been 14 hrs for teams to finish placement).
    Or the one saying they were on verge of 100% Explore (that also would have been PREVIOUS war which still is counted, not the one tonight whose Attack had inadvertently started a day early and attack lasted only 5 minutes). Doubt you could 100% Explore Map in only 5 minutes.
    Or claimed they used Boosts/Potions/etc exploring whole map and were at Boss section (again, that was Previous War, not the one in question).

Only potential cases with Items Used would be people who snuck into the “much too early” Attack Start right when it started and used Items right away for those very first fights before the abrupt ending.
  • We were sleeping at the time this happened.. as we saw this the next war enlistment has ended . Our matchmaking status got changed due to this glitch?
    Now it shows our alliance is not enlisted for this war..did we just miss a valid war due to this? Which is worse than a defeat.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

Do they even understand the impact. I think not.

• Hey everybody, I realize there's some confusion about which Wars are being counted, and which aren't. @Cat_Murdock suggested I say something like this:

The four wars you have fully completed this Alliance War season WILL COUNT for the season. The War that your Alliance is placing for right now will not count for this season. If your Alliance already placed and had a very short Attack phase, that war will not count either.

Alliance War Ratings, Points, and Tier Changes are going to be accounted for when we issue a fix for the problem that occurred today.
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 951 ★★★
    edited March 2020

Hey everybody, I realize there's some confusion about which Wars are being counted, and which aren't. @Cat_Murdock suggested I say something like this:

The four wars you have fully completed this Alliance War season WILL COUNT for the season. The War that your Alliance is placing for right now will not count for this season. If your Alliance already placed and had a very short Attack phase, that war will not count either.

Alliance War Ratings, Points, and Tier Changes are going to be accounted for when we issue a fix for the problem that occurred today.

The War you declared as TIE for Us, had 14 Hr.s for Placement..... We were Full (30)
    When Attack phase Came, Our Opponent was 28/30 Members.....
    We Got Another 19 Hr.s or so to do Attack Phase....
    We killed Boss of 2 BGs as you can see....
    The Opponent also had Good Time and was there in the BGs since the Beginning, Since Our Defender Base was strong, they could only get near our Boss at the End of the War.....
    They Explored around 70% of the BG, whereas we were near 98%..... We could Explore 70% or 98% in not Less than 14-19 Hr.s even though No Defender is Placed.....It was a Fare & Square WIN But You declared it as a TIE
    No Points were Awarded.... Atleast the Items we used in War Could be Refunded right?
  • _ARIA__ARIA_ Posts: 1
    The messed up part about all this is it was already messaged early on on so Kabam should of at the very least, send out a message to everyone about the glitch so we don’t go and spend any more of our hard earned resources (potions, revives, and boosts). But of course they wait until after AW ended and then tell us we will not be reimbursed.
  • Paulo_PkPaulo_Pk Posts: 27
    Please someone could clarify me about which war will be canceled ?
    War number 4 or 5
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    Paulo_Pk said:

Please someone could clarify me about which war will be canceled ?
    War number 4 or 5

The first 4 count. The 5th one, should be.
  • BrazenhutBrazenhut Posts: 131

Hey everybody, I realize there's some confusion about which Wars are being counted, and which aren't. @Cat_Murdock suggested I say something like this:

The War you declared as TIE for Us, had 14 Hr.s for Placement..... We were Full (30)
    When Attack phase Came, Our Opponent was 28/30 Members.....
    We Got Another 19 Hr.s or so to do Attack Phase....
    We killed Boss of 2 BGs as you can see....
    The Opponent also had Good Time and was there in the BGs since the Beginning, Since Our Defender Base was strong, they could only get near our Boss at the End of the War.....
    They Explored around 70% of the BG, whereas we were near 98%..... We could Explore 70% or 98% in not Less than 14-19 Hr.s even though No Defender is Placed.....It was a Fare & Square WIN But You declared it as a TIE
    No Points were Awarded.... Atleast the Items we used in War Could be Refunded right?
    When did this war start? The problem was with war which had match making on March 6th. And only this war is not being counted. If your previous war was declared a tie despite you claiming victory, you should raise a support ticket about it. If true, it’s probably some other issue and un related to this.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Holly s. I thought war rating will not change next war - we get matched successfully- but it seems change. So if we don't try hard we will lose war rating and drop tier but we try to win points don't count so it's LOSE LOSE situation for everyone except Kabam who is responsible for the mess.

It's unfair and terrible situation pls take rethink it Kabam.
  • Chawi79Chawi79 Posts: 27
    My alliance is matched. I know this war won't count for points for this season. I espect the war rating point we maybe will gain or loose won't count. Items that will be used, not refunded.

But, do we get shards from participating and/or winning in this war? @Kabam Miike ?
  • @CASrinivas , you still do not understand.

Your alliance had TWO different Attack Phase Wars finish up this past day (March 6th).

First war that finished March 6th was the normal Wed-to-Fri War (4th War of Season), that you said was 30 ppl vs 28 ppl and you killed 2 Bosses. I bet you WON that war, AND IT COUNTS.

2nd “quote-unquote” “War” that said it ended on March 6th was supposed to still have 19+ hours left to do DEFENSE PLACEMENT, NOT ATTACK. Placement ended after only less than 1 hour (probably nobody even had placed). And then Attack started and only lasted a very few minutes (probably nobody even was able to try to attack). THUS ZERO VS ZERO POINTS (and a Tie). THAT WAS NOT A REAL WAR, AND WILL NOT COUNT. And nobody had chance to use any items.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    You should frozen war rating and war tier now @Kabam Miike. And pls hurry up. We can drop a tier if we lose this next match. It means thousand points. If you don't count points earned next match, you should frozen war rating and tier too. Why so hard to understand? It's becoming a big mess if you don't act now.
  • Update from other thread ...

• Hello. Just to be clear. What's the war that is going to be cancel? The war with placement 5/3 and attack phase between 5-6/3 or the one with the placement starting between 6-7/3?
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 951 ★★★

@CASrinivas , you still do not understand.

Your alliance had TWO different Attack Phase Wars finish up this past day (March 6th).

First war that finished March 6th was the normal Wed-to-Fri War (4th War of Season), that you said was 30 ppl vs 28 ppl and you killed 2 Bosses. I bet you WON that war, AND IT COUNTS.

2nd “quote-unquote” “War” that said it ended on March 6th was supposed to still have 19+ hours left to do DEFENSE PLACEMENT, NOT ATTACK. Placement ended after only less than 1 hour (probably nobody even had placed). And then Attack started and only lasted a very few minutes (probably nobody even was able to try to attack). THUS ZERO VS ZERO POINTS (and a Tie). THAT WAS NOT A REAL WAR, AND WILL NOT COUNT. And nobody had chance to use any items.

@SummonerNR OK Now I get that!
  • Canrdboy36Canrdboy36 Posts: 74
    @Kabam Miike just out of curiosity because I am not a game developer and it's been a loooong minute since I ever did programming. Wouldn't it be easier to cancel all placement phases and put everyone back on the same playing level? Then the only points /ratings affected were those of us that had the 5 min war. This way no one has to spend resources on a fake war and aside from those that remove suicides before they place and then add them back, it will make life better for everyone. Again just a thought/question from a non developer.
  • ZENZEN Posts: 151

So this coming attack phase that will happen later today will not count whether we WIN or LOSS. I’m still confused...😩

Can you confirm if this will count or not? If it will not count why can’t you just cancel this coming AW attack phase so players don’t get confuse or wasted time.

• Man, I take 1 night off and all Hell breaks loose! Yikes... well, this is all kinds of bad. I just spent the last 30 minutes going through this thread and once again, there's no perfect fix here. My Alliance got matched and is still amidst placement (tier 4). So what I've gathered is this war is just not there. War rating wise, and Season Points wise. Kabam really has their work cut out for them.

There's vaguely a 4 hour window in which they have to knock all this out. Otherwise, there will inevitably be fallout from the next matchmaking phase being inaccurate war rating wise. Truth be told, they probably won't get it all done in time. Just the hard truth. For those on the cusp between 2 tiers, this is gonna make things an absolute mess.

As previously stated, there's once again no perfect fix for this situation. I think they made the best of an extremely difficult situation. If you think about the number of Alliances that are engaged in AW Season, you can immediately see why there's no possible way for them to fix this in time. It's a LOT of data to sift through and correct.

The ONLY way I could think of to make this go faster, shut war down. Period. Kill it for today, and give yourselves time to fix those whom have been affected by the bug. I'm just not sure if that's even possible. I know my crew would be fine with this war being shutdown ahead of time. Again, if it's even possible to do without having it impact things (i.e. the war ratings shifting from there being ties or wins/losses due to differences between diversity). I wish I knew, lol.

Best of luck getting this cleaned and cleared up in a timely manner. I'm now gonna go discuss the pros and cons of fully engaging in this war with my crew. I don't have a good answer for them so it's gonna be a group decision. *sigh*
  • Julio_Vega1Julio_Vega1 Posts: 39
    How is this possible? I joined the AQ before it started.

Now, I am not eligible for rewards by rank :(

• Captain_KatyCaptain_Katy Posts: 73
    You should probably just not send anybody any rewards after attack phase ends in order to deincentivize winning. That way the only people who get any rewards out of this debacle are those few who were able to log in inside of a 3 minute window and play part of a 5m war where they probably claimed less than a dozen shards anyway.

Then the only issue becomes how to freeze/roll back to previous war ratings and then we can all pretend like the last couple days never happened.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★

You should probably just not send anybody any rewards after attack phase ends in order to deincentivize winning. That way the only people who get any rewards out of this debacle are those few who were able to log in inside of a 3 minute window and play part of a 5m war where they probably claimed less than a dozen shards anyway.

Then the only issue becomes how to freeze/roll back to previous war ratings and then we can all pretend like the last couple days never happened.

I believe he said it will all be adjusted by the end of the Season either way.
  • tHe_RuDe_kILLrtHe_RuDe_kILLr Posts: 86
    @Kabam Miike We have an issue were entered t3 as most of our wars are. When war ended our points were added up with gold 1 multiplier rather than 6x multiplier as we entered with.
    This occurred within the first 4 wars
  • You should probably just not send anybody any rewards after attack phase ends in order to deincentivize winning. That way the only people who get any rewards out of this debacle are those few who were able to log in inside of a 3 minute window and play part of a 5m war where they probably claimed less than a dozen shards anyway.

I believe he said it will all be adjusted by the end of the Season either way.
    The actual Win vs Loss individual AW Rewards (and % of Exploration Rewards) will still be earned (evidently) for this war that won’t count. That’s what previous reply is suggesting should also be “turned off”.

So some teams may or may not care to play very hard, and as far as Season Points and Standings, and Tier Multipliers (will have points adjusted later) goes, it shouldn’t matter what you do this war.

BUT, sounds like the individual Win/Loss Shards, etc will still be able to be won.
    Our issue with wrong multiplier seems to be a big deal because if you decide to end season early then our current rank is wrong off of first 4 wars.
  • BuffalaxBuffalax Posts: 107
    Can we just cancel this war since it doesn’t count anyways? This one is buggier than usual and that would ensure the points aren’t tallied incorrectly. People in our alliance who don’t usually complain are citing unresponsive champs during fight, blocks being broken, champs not being locked into defense, etc. Instead of trying to fix what’s going on with AW while AW is going on, just end it early so you can work with a clean slate.
This discussion has been closed.