**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Announcing: Act 5 Chapter 3

Comments

• No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Scottryan wrote: »
    I need clarification on the exploration rewards... Is it a generic 5* awakening gem or Class random 5* awakening gem? Trucos has it listed like this... but your post does not say which one it is?f628febcyu0w.jpg

Yes it does. Go back and read

031zxkz8ck5t.png

All I see is 1... 5* awakening gem crystal... It does not say Random Class for that one.
    Only say 1... 5* rank up gem random class 2 to 3.
    Trucos has 1... 5* awakening gem random class crystal.
    1... 5* rank up gem random class 2 to 3.
    So is it generic or random class?

Crystal implies random cause you have to spin it for a random drop.
  • KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    Thanks for the clarification... So why do they put random classes for rank up gem if it's a crystal too? Cause you obviously have to spin that too.
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    I am happy that this act is coming next week, but I, along with many other top tier players, are a little displeased with the rewards for it. There should have at least been a 4* generic awakening gem to go with the 4* rank up gem. The "random" 5* awakening gem crystal, should have been a generic. Us top tier players are at a certain phase in the game where a generic is a must. There should have been at least 20 5* generic sig stones. And at the very least, 1 T2A.

I see a lot of low tier players on here stating that the rewards are good. The rewards are slightly better than 5.2, but not by a long shot. If you haven;t completed Act 4 yet, then these rewards shouldn't concern you at all, & I don't mean that in a harsh way, as there is a lot of catching up to do. The top tier players are getting shafted on these rewards, yet once again...
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    No bro, 5.2 rewards are much better. At least you can pull T2A shards from uncollected Crystal. Random awakening gem is just a chance at something good for most people.

I'll definitely give you that, bro!
  • KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    We want generic 5* awakening gem... People tired of getting gems for classes that they don't need or 3 of the same class is ridiculous. Speaking for my friends... I'm good..
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    We want generic 5* awakening gem... People tired of getting gems for classes that they don't need or 3 of the same class is ridiculous. Speaking for my friends... I'm good..

Just remind then to compare the chapter rewards for act 4 to the act rewards...then have them look at act 5. There will be a generic for act completion/exploration
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    Everyone's complaining about the rewards. My concern is the requirement of a full team of 4* 5/50 minimum PER CLASS. 4/40s won't cut it and using a single champ will cost way over the odds in revives. I've got, at best, 2 5/50s in some classes, only 1 in others.

If you don't have enough R5 champs then you are out of your league atm bud.

It's a bitter pill to swallow in that case. I'm Uncollected and 100% exploration on 5.2.1-5.2.4, due to finish in the next few weeks. All of a sudden, 5.3 requires around 30 4* R5 or equivalent to complete, evenly distributed between each class. I'm sure you're years ahead of me in the game, but do even you have 5 maxed science champs for this?

5/50 Quake, 5/50 Cap WWII, 5/50 YJ, 3/45 unduped spidey, and 3/45 Antman. Science cats come in huge waves.
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    Are you still focusing the rewards for Act 5 on 4-Star Champions?
    Yes and No. While 4-Stars have become more common, especially for folks who are Uncollected, they’re still very valuable. Having said that, we know that in general, more people than ever are moving into a world where 5-Star Champions are more accessible. What we’ve tried to do then, is strike a balance between supporting your 4-Stars and increasing the power of your 5-Star Champions.

How will Legends work for Act 5?
    Legends won’t be calculated for Act 5 Until Chapter 4 is released. We told you we’d say when it was coming, and while we don’t have a specific date as of yet, we do want to let you know that right now, we are targeting a December 2017 release. It’s important to note that this may change, but it won’t come out before December, but it may be delayed depending on a number of factors. If you want to compete for a Legends run of Act 5, making sure you have 100% Explored Chapter 1-3 before the end of November would be a safe bet.
    REWARDS

Quests 1-6 Completion EDIT 08/31/2017 @ 11:40AM PDT - This is CUMULATIVE for completion - not PER quest!
    • 12000x Tier 4 Basic Fragments
    • 350x 5-Star Shards
    • 125x 4-Star Shards
    • 5x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystals
    • 190x Units
    • 6x Class Keys (1 for each Class)

Quests 1-6 Mastery EDIT 08/31/2017 @ 11:40AM PDT - This is CUMULATIVE for mastery - not PER quest!
    • 24000x Tier 4 Basic Fragments
    • 650x 5-Star Shards
    • 375x 4-Star Shards
    • 10x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystals
    • 300x Units

Chapter 3 Completion
    • 1000x 5-Star Shards
    • 1x Tier 4 Basic Catalyst
    • 15x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystals
    • 1300x 4-Star Shards
    • 1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal

Chapter 3 Exploration
    • 1500x 5-Star Shards
    • 30x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal
    • 1x 4-Star Rank Up Gem Crystal (1 of 6 Random Classes to take a 4-Star Champion from Rank 4 to Rank 5)
    • 1x 5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal
    • 1x 5-Star Rank Up Gem Crystal (1 of 6 Random Classes to take a 5-Star Champion from Rank 2 to Rank 3)

Really kabam?

Why not give us:

1. 20 generic 5 star signature stones
    2. 7200 T2A shards
    3. 1 T5B
    4. 5000 5 star shards instead of miserable 2500

Um, whatcha gonna do with 1 T5B?
    Do you need to fully explore 2 before you can collect explore rewards from 3

No. Same as any other quest, just complete everything before it once
  • DocStrangeDocStrange Posts: 36
    DocStrange wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike I was really excited to play through all of 5.2 because of how skill and character-based it is. 5.3 on paper seems not to be as challenging. Will we see something more challenging than 5.2 in the near future as far as exhausting good skill within the game and knowledge/assumptions on what characters to bring along?

Can someone answer this please? This will determine whether I keep playing the game or not.

• OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    There would be balance issues by giving out T2A from 5.3 rewards. BUT. Here is one for $70 if you would like.

1/2 a catalyst get it right. Even at $70, a full catalyst would cause balance issues. We can't have people being able to buy their way to 25% of the catalysts needed for one rank up, but 12.5% now that is still fair and balanced.
    No bro, 5.2 rewards are much better. At least you can pull T2A shards from uncollected Crystal. Random awakening gem is just a chance at something good for most people.

There are no t2a shards in the uncollected crystal. Just t4b and t4c shards witha rare chance at a 4* champ.
    OKAYGang wrote: »

There are no t2a shards in the uncollected crystal. Just t4b and t4c shards witha rare chance at a 4* champ.

I stand corrected on this one, yes there are. I have yet to see them on any of my spins but they are supposedly there.

I stand corrected on this one, yes there are. I have yet to see them on any of my spins but they are supposedly there.

1,800 and 3,600 frags. I've gotten 1,800 once.
  • KingOfMcocKingOfMcoc Posts: 102
    Who wants to bet there's an iceman in there
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    Did I miss the "more available" T2a?

Dr. Zola

You can buy them for only £65 for 1/2 t2a ... that was what they meant by being more available ... more and more pay advantage creeping in ...

I love that deal...discounting for the value of the T4cs, it means a full set of T2a would run you around US$400 in Kabam valuation land. And that's just to get a single 5* to R4. Totally reasonable...

Dr. Zola

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Viper1987 wrote: »

Actually, I've landed 3600 T2a shards twice. Those are the lone bright spots in any crystal pulls I've had the past three months. Oh, except for that 5* Groot...

Dr. Zola

• Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Those complaining about the rewards are just babies.

You have a 5* Class awakening crystal as a chapter exploration reward. The only other one available in the entire game right now is through LoL completion. How many units does that cost? Do you think exploring 5.2 will come anywhere close to that cost? And you already have that as a reward by exploring 5.3.

This is a slap in the face for those of us who completed LoL pre-12.0 where the average cost of completion with a 5* r4 SL was 5 digits units, but you don't see us complaining.

Many of you are asking for t2a just for exploring 5.3. I get it, it's progression. You want proper progression? Go complete LoL. Completed it? Then explore it. Don't whine about rewards not matching your dreamy expectations.

Honestly I would love to have 1 t2a as an exploration reward as that would give me enough t2a to rank up my 6th 5* r4.

But difficulty wise, act 5 doesn't warrant a t2a reward, at least not solely for 5.3. We were given t2a for the EXPLORATION of the entire Act 4 to open us up to having 1x 5* r4, which is a step up from the highest attainable rank of a champ at that time, a 4* 5/50. At that time we were using 4/40s to clear a pre-nerf Act 4, so imagine the relative difficulty then.

Act 5, excluding the collector fight, is by no means more difficult than pre-nerf act 4 using 4/40s. Not to mention the uncollected title given simply by completing, not exploring 5.2, gives you an infinite number of t4c Fragment crystals or t4b fragments DAILY. That, in itself, is a much bigger reward than 3x t4cc given by exploring Act 4.

The only reliable place to find t2a is exploration of LoL. Let's put it in a very objective manner. LoL has 7 paths, total rewards of 12 t2a, 30 t4cc in terms of upgrade materials. Dividing it down will be approximately 2 t2a and 5 t4cc per path, I'm excluding the outermost easy path because it's cakewalk.

Do you really think exploring 5.2 was anywhere near clearing 1 of the inner paths of LoL? 5.2 was fun, but relatively easy comparatively. And for exploring 5.2 or 5.3 you're expecting t2a? Hahaha.

From an act to Act perspective, each act's exploration rewards usually tally with the amount of resources needed to take 1 champ to the next highest possible rank.

So my guess is that t5bs, 2 of them, will be rewarded for Act 5 exploration. In addition, 75% of the next bottleneck will be given, i.e. 3 t2a.

If you noticed, this is also the trend for the other acts, like how act 4 exploration gives 3 t4cc (75% of the 4 needed to r4 a champ from the previous highest available rank, i.e. R3).

What I'm saying is, don't complain about the rewards being insufficient. Instead, think of how you can progress in the game with the current avenues already given.

The game offers an avenue for progress for 99.9% of its players, it's whether the players want to grasp these avenues or not. So those who are whining, quit whining like a kid and spend more time figuring out how you can progress instead of asking for more rewards to feed your need for progress.

No way was pre-nerf act 4 with r4s similar to 5.2 with r5 4* / r3 5*s. Other than that juggs fight, all the act 4 was pretty easy even with r3 4*s and maxed 3*s. I used 3* SL for maestro. If you have 5 r4 5*s then maybe yeah, you'll find 5.2 similar to that, But most people have none or just one.

T4 shards from uncollected crystals aren't that big of a deal. Mostly they give 750 t4b shards. That means around 45 days for 1 T4B (some days you get 1500 as well). If you've beaten 5.2, a T4B every 45 days isn't that much of a reward.

And yes, comparing 5.3 to 4.3, it probably shouldn't have t2a. These rewards are pretty good for a single chapter comparing to the past ones. But for whole Act 5 exploration, i think it should have 8 T2A at least. Maybe 10. (Enough to max a 5*, and take another to r4)
    Not 3 like you said. I mean Act 4 had 4, how can the 5 have 1 less? It'll probably have 6 though, as it takes 6 T2A to max a 5* not 4 like you meant by saying 3 T2As = 75% resources to reach the next level. And then yeah 2 T5b's.

BUT, since they reduced the cost of maxing 5* from 4 T5Bs to 2, i'm guessing they plan on giving 4 T5Bs, so we can have 2 maxed 5*s when 6*s are released. That means atleast 10-12 T2As too, (4 for Act completion, 8 for exploration) seems unlikely though as they are rewards for 100% LoL. But you never know, they devalued every other thing in the game, might do this too.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the clarification... So why do they put random classes for rank up gem if it's a crystal too? Cause you obviously have to spin that too.

It's not common. It's indicated to clarify what it is.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Superman69 wrote: »

You have a 5* Class awakening crystal as a chapter exploration reward. The only other one available in the entire game right now is through LoL completion. How many units does that cost? Do you think exploring 5.2 will come anywhere close to that cost? And you already have that as a reward by exploring 5.3.

This is a slap in the face for those of us who completed LoL pre-12.0 where the average cost of completion with a 5* r4 SL was 5 digits units, but you don't see us complaining.

Many of you are asking for t2a just for exploring 5.3. I get it, it's progression. You want proper progression? Go complete LoL. Completed it? Then explore it. Don't whine about rewards not matching your dreamy expectations.

Honestly I would love to have 1 t2a as an exploration reward as that would give me enough t2a to rank up my 6th 5* r4.

But difficulty wise, act 5 doesn't warrant a t2a reward, at least not solely for 5.3. We were given t2a for the EXPLORATION of the entire Act 4 to open us up to having 1x 5* r4, which is a step up from the highest attainable rank of a champ at that time, a 4* 5/50. At that time we were using 4/40s to clear a pre-nerf Act 4, so imagine the relative difficulty then.

Act 5, excluding the collector fight, is by no means more difficult than pre-nerf act 4 using 4/40s. Not to mention the uncollected title given simply by completing, not exploring 5.2, gives you an infinite number of t4c Fragment crystals or t4b fragments DAILY. That, in itself, is a much bigger reward than 3x t4cc given by exploring Act 4.

The only reliable place to find t2a is exploration of LoL. Let's put it in a very objective manner. LoL has 7 paths, total rewards of 12 t2a, 30 t4cc in terms of upgrade materials. Dividing it down will be approximately 2 t2a and 5 t4cc per path, I'm excluding the outermost easy path because it's cakewalk.

Do you really think exploring 5.2 was anywhere near clearing 1 of the inner paths of LoL? 5.2 was fun, but relatively easy comparatively. And for exploring 5.2 or 5.3 you're expecting t2a? Hahaha.

From an act to Act perspective, each act's exploration rewards usually tally with the amount of resources needed to take 1 champ to the next highest possible rank.

So my guess is that t5bs, 2 of them, will be rewarded for Act 5 exploration. In addition, 75% of the next bottleneck will be given, i.e. 3 t2a.

If you noticed, this is also the trend for the other acts, like how act 4 exploration gives 3 t4cc (75% of the 4 needed to r4 a champ from the previous highest available rank, i.e. R3).

What I'm saying is, don't complain about the rewards being insufficient. Instead, think of how you can progress in the game with the current avenues already given.

The game offers an avenue for progress for 99.9% of its players, it's whether the players want to grasp these avenues or not. So those who are whining, quit whining like a kid and spend more time figuring out how you can progress instead of asking for more rewards to feed your need for progress.

No way was pre-nerf act 4 with r4s similar to 5.2 with r5 4* / r3 5*s. Other than that juggs fight, all the act 4 was pretty easy even with r3 4*s and maxed 3*s. I used 3* SL for maestro. If you have 5 r4 5*s then maybe yeah, you'll find 5.2 similar to that, But most people have none or just one.

T4 shards from uncollected crystals aren't that big of a deal. Mostly they give 750 t4b shards. That means around 45 days for 1 T4B (some days you get 1500 as well). If you've beaten 5.2, a T4B every 45 days isn't that much of a reward.

And yes, comparing 5.3 to 4.3, it probably shouldn't have t2a. These rewards are pretty good for a single chapter comparing to the past ones. But for whole Act 5 exploration, i think it should have 8 T2A at least. Maybe 10. (Enough to max a 5*, and take another to r4)
    Not 3 like you said. I mean Act 4 had 4, how can the 5 have 1 less? It'll probably have 6 though, as it takes 6 T2A to max a 5* not 4 like you meant by saying 3 T2As = 75% resources to reach the next level. And then yeah 2 T5b's.

BUT, since they reduced the cost of maxing 5* from 4 T5Bs to 2, i'm guessing they plan on giving 4 T5Bs, so we can have 2 maxed 5*s when 6*s are released. That means atleast 10-12 T2As too, (4 for Act completion, 8 for exploration) seems unlikely though as they are rewards for 100% LoL. But you never know, they devalued every other thing in the game, might do this too.

4 T5bs? Ummm this is Kabam. No...freaking...way.
    Superman69 wrote: »

4 T5bs? Ummm this is Kabam. No...freaking...way.

Act rewards are always waaaayyyyy better than the chapter rewards. We will probably get 4 T5b at the least
    DrZola wrote: »
    Viper1987 wrote: »

Actually, I've landed 3600 T2a shards twice. Those are the lone bright spots in any crystal pulls I've had the past three months. Oh, except for that 5* Groot...

Dr. Zola

I got lucky and landed my very own 5* Groot, too, on Wednesday along with 5* OG Cap. *insert the most sarcastic "yay" here*. They really need to increase the 5* shards here so I can hurry up and dupe Groot already. I'm trembling with anticipation.