**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Notes for Creating Claire Voyant for the Boss Rush

Hello, for those of you who don't know me already - I am one of the subreddit moderators, mod on many youtube streams & I'm a cohost on a podcast called Podcast of Champions (MCoC).

Claire Voyant is my fight. I chose to give her the nodes of Empowered Immunity, Mighty Charge, Matador, Safeguard & one of her unique nodes - curse of death.

This fight is meant to be a slow one. It’s meant to be a fight where the champion you bring in changes the fight, but doesn’t purely disclude the vast majority of champs. It will be a bit of a test of skill as Mighty Charge will be a pain, but I’ve tried to ease that with the ability to be able to control when specials can be used with the increased power you can feed her. It’s meant to be a fight that you can beat with anyone, but that the champ you bring should change the feel slightly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Safeguard is put into place there for the purpose of slowing the fight down - I did debate between a few other options, but the goal of it was to limit some champ's abilities to steamroll the fight. Going with safeguard over something like rage does mean that there's less of an effect of the unblockable to deal with and keeps people from picking champs who can just deal heavy damage as quick as possible to not deal with the unblockable. Safeguard also then allows mighty charge to be the main annoyance in the fight.

Empowered immunity is on to help the fight along, Claire as a defender does tend to stay in her curse of blood mode, so if the attacker brings in a champ who is a bleeder then anytime you try to bleed her you can give her more power via the debuff's failure to apply. It opens a door that you could very easily push her to an sp3 if you forget about the power gain. But if you leverage that ability to give her enough power to her next special, it'll allow you to use that as an opening to play around mighty charge.

Mighty charge should drop any other debuffs off when she rushes at the opponent for 30% of her a power bar per debuff while she has less then 20 charges** (Not entirely sure that that is currently happening, but she does gain 30% of a bar of power per debuff stack that gets charged off it seems). With mighty charge as well, if you do try to parry her medium dash attacks, she will be debuff immune, so the failed stun will give her about 30-34% of a bar of power. On top of that it your parry would otherwise apply debuffs, those can also be converted into power for her as well.

Matador was added both for the slight satisfaction of pairing matador with mighty charge, and to play with baiting specials more as you can make the fight one where she gains more power. Claire will be getting power while you don't, unless she throws a special attack, then the thrown special attack will give the player a bar of power.

Curse of Death is a unique node for claire that lets her gain a death touch charge permamently after reaching 20 clairevoyant charges. This means that if you do reach 20 of these, she will get a small regen at the end of the fight & be immune to dying for 4 seconds. You can plan on this activating if you are going the route of using more debuffs for power or bringing a bleed immune, and do remember that it will extend the fight. As long as you make sure to not get back to 20 charges before she goes down, it won't stop the fight from ending completely.

The added power gain is meant to give the player an opening with the mighty charge node, but it does also mean that baiting specials in this fight are rewarded & the empowered immunity is meant to help with this further so you can feed more power in quicker.
----
Power Plays & such

Bringing a champion in that will allow you to give her more power will ultimately make the fight a bit easier due to getting her to throw more specials + thusly being able to punish them & even throw your own specials.

For empowered immunity power gains (30% of a bar per debuff, (+4% max when < 20 charges):
  • trying to parry her charge will give some, but high block proficiency or a champ that will also try to apply a debuff at the same time can increase that amount of power + mean for less chip damage.
  • trying to bleed her - champs who apply bleeds throughout combo hits and block hits will make for a slightly dangerous play if you aren't able to control when they get applied.

for her own she’ll gain 4% of max power and a charge every-time the following happens
  • when she fails to apply a bleed to you due to immunity or an immunity purifies an effect (sp1/heavy will be 3 times of the 4%)
  • when buff immunity is up and you proc a buff
---

Highlighted Counters:
  • champs with high non-bleed damage over time effects - these will fall off during mighty charge, but DoT is a nice way to get around that safeguard and make the fight a bit shorter. Nebula is one I will bring up, just be wary of parrying a mighty charge. Human torch with nova flame activated should be able to burn right through.
  • champs who apply bleed on hit but don't rely on it's damage as much - these champs will be able to bait specials a little easier throughout the fight once you get going with playing around mighty charge. AA is not so much one of these, blade or someone like a Claire herself
  • Champs with high block proficiency + ability to apply debuffs on block/parry
  • BEARDOOOOO should be an interesting one here. he does try to apply more debuffs on parry with certain class types with him.
  • Blade should also do pretty well, if one does bring dormmammu as well that would be increasing that.
Sidenotes
  • quake should also be able to do the fight - as long as you are skilled with her dex-the-living-lights-out-of-everything playstyle
  • Champs who shrug debuffs or reduce their duration don't quite count towards claire's natural 4% power gain
  • if you run assassin that can have a chance to bypass safeguard in the last 18% health. Similarly, if you bring in a ability accuracy reduction champ, they can also get around it
Maybe don't try these specifically, but I can't stop you:
  • Essentially champs who rely on burst damage, but they should be able to do this fight.
  • ghost. disclaimer - Ghost should be able to do this fight, but the question is should she. This fight is designed in a way that will hinder her due to safeguard and mighty charge, but is still able to okay around it. She just won’t go through Claire like butter like she does much elsewhere
  • corvus - corvus does have armor break on block + should also be able to do this fight, but he not get his full normal benefits

Theoretically most champs can do this fight, but selected champs can change the landscape of it by the amount of power gain that can & will happen. She is the last fight, & I do think leftovers will be fine for her - just make sure to keep in mind how your champion may gain more power - if they’re bleed immune she will get more power off a sp1 & heavies, if they have debuffs on parry of other then stun - she will get more power from them while charging, if you parry her mighty charge will give her a bit more power.

Playing around this is remembering the mighty charge - intercepting a charge will end with you taking damage, partying it will give power, blocking will give chip damage. Skills like managing power, baiting specials & something referred to as reparrying will help this fight along for you.

I will try to keep note of the best options for her - below are some of my personal ones.

I personally have used cap iw the most solely because playing with that much power in a fight is fairly entertaining, nebula is also fairly good if you can Time a non-mighty charged dash for a parry. I think Human torch will melt her, but I don’t personally have him higher then a 3*.

Let me know how fighting her goes if you get past her compatriots; or send me photos of nose boops from taking her sp3’s on Twitter (@StarfighterMcoc)

(i am not used to formatting here lol)

Comments

• Well done! I can't wait to get her. Congrats to you. Cat, and the other ladies who developed these fights!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Great job!
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    I’m didn’t like the figth since it was to long for me that just my style because I’m hates to long figth but regardless it was really a good figth. As u said definitely culd ghost for that one. Really great job
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    I have my 5* Clairevoyant at R4, I love her so much.
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    It was a fun fight. Ty!
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Hard pass on another boss rush.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    Thank you for the fight! Claire Voyant was just the right amount of difficulty ma'am.

I used my Nick Fury to take down about 80% of her health. I let her attack me, so she can change her curse. An then went crazy, and then I let her hit me with a special ³ to push me into my second state. I ended up making a mistake, which resulted in me finishing her off with my ⁶* Hulk Ragz who is a great counter for those pesky debuffs she apply with her heavy and special ¹.

I chose the INTERSTER WARRIOR title because Claire is one of my favorite champs, and she was the final boss.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    you did not make a fun fight with safeguard at all. safeguard should never be used in a boss rush and you just pulled a dave with it and to make it worse you add Curse of Death and now I can't wait for this abomination of a boss rush to be over so I don't have to see it.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    The problem with Claire, or really any mystic, is a man called Human Torch if he's duped. Just use your pre-fight ability parry early, get her in the corner and let the nova flames do their work.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Domino + Rhulk annihilate her. No clue what Curse of death did as she died before getting to 8 charges.
  • I used quake and didn't get a chance to appreciate your design lol.

While we're at that, is quake supposed to completely shut off mighty charge?

Lol I don't blame ya there - I didn't make it a point to plan around her - I haven't used her against mighty charge in the past myself, but had the suspicion that she would be able to get through quite easily.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    Sorry too easy. Human Torch’d her without even reading the nodes.
    Then enjoy the easy Rewards. Lol.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★

I wish but king groot is hard to enjoy lol
    Remeli said:

I wish but king groot is hard to enjoy lol
    Well...the Shards may come easy, but the pulls are up to RNGesus.
    No, some people just spam it incessantly.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    Honestly in my opinion if you had to throw up a post explaining how and why you chose these nodes, then you made it more difficult then it needed to be.
    Perhaps they just want to share their process in creating it?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★

Then why didnt the other 5 creators?
    Buttehrs said:

Then why didnt the other 5 creators?
    There's still time. Perhaps they're doing it at different times?
    Last time there were others as well.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I rlly liked this fight. It was nice power struggle w Killmonger
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    personally i used a 4* maxed Ghulk for her, and i know that i could one-shot (took one revive because i'm not a skilled player, misplayed and dashed in while she was dashing at me).

the death curse node didn't cause any problem because she wasn't gaining any charge, and the damage from her bleeds was so low that even ten stacks of them didn't do considerable damage; in a similar way the safeguard node wasn't a problem, because the damage cap wasn't that much lower that what i could do with my Ghulk (aside from specials, that's why i used SP2, has more hits); the matador node wasn't too bad, and i actually used it to get to SP2 faster; mighty charge was a bit annoying, and i died one time to it, but it isn't a problem if you just dex the medium and parry the second hit, or if you simply don't give BWCV chances to dash at you (better not to use heavies, but 4/5 hits combo and then parry).

in conclusion, i actually liked the fight, much more than the rogue one, so thank you for it ^_^

P.S: i want to thank you for not putting on her the node that creates charges every x seconds too, i hate that combination ^_^