**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thanks ladies (Boss Rush Discussion!)

Comments

• JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★

Too difficult indeed.. except for the person who just streamed doing it with 4* or the person who is currently half way through streaming with only 3*.. but thanks for coming out champ..

I don’t think you get how human beings work if you think this is a clever answer. The vast vast majority of people are not hardcore obsessive gamers but regular people who want to have fun. They could have easily made the boss split in difficulty levels the same way they did with other quests. Instead they chose to willingly take side the majority of the players and only focus on the hardcore ones. And I get that they are the cash cows but it’s still a **** move
  • Astería_13579Astería_13579 Posts: 1
    I m so glad to be a women who’s plays marvel COC :D ! Same difficulty same reward as male players... happy international women's day ladies :/
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Boss rush is a community challenge right?
    It's more like a challange between top players with YouTube accounts.
    Certain fights can be done.
    But it's difficult for free to play players.
    Not having a good counter. Or revives one or two...
    Guess have tolet this one go too. >:):p
    Don't have corvus void what do i use against rouge? Or emma?
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    I personally didn't like it.
    Not because it is too difficult but because there is no creativity!
    Nodes being used multiple times, Emma is almost what we fought in some event and even we fought the same freaking rouge in another challenge.
    Just..come up with something new guys.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    JessieS said:

Too difficult indeed.. except for the person who just streamed doing it with 4* or the person who is currently half way through streaming with only 3*.. but thanks for coming out champ..

I don’t think you get how human beings work if you think this is a clever answer. The vast vast majority of people are not hardcore obsessive gamers but regular people who want to have fun. They could have easily made the boss split in difficulty levels the same way they did with other quests. Instead they chose to willingly take side the majority of the players and only focus on the hardcore ones. And I get that they are the cash cows but it’s still a **** move
    Out of Curiosity.. have you done all the easy versions of the Variants? That is an area where Kabam have provided a hard and an easy version of the same content..

As for your comment of ".. willingly take the side of the majority of the players.. " of course.. why would they make something intended for the minority of players.. unless i'm misunderstanding your point.. which is possible..

One thing to keep in mind.. this quest has been out for about 2 hours.. it will be active for the next 2 weeks.. so you have time.. If you aren't able to clear it all right now.. take a bit of time.. see if you have counters.. watch a couple vids.. etc etc.. then give it another go and see how it works out.
  • NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 192
    I used yondu against rogue. Him and gladiator hulk were my tops!
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    phil56201 said:

JessieS said:

So the game should just cater to you, then? What about everyone else who couldn't do it on every other boss rush challenge? I never got intermediate difficulties on the ones I couldn't do. Everyone thinks the game should just hand these rewards out. No sense of accomplishment.

The game should cater to all players and not just to a minority of hardcore gamers. I thought it was pretty obvious. The fact this is controversial for some people blows my mind. Seriously it’s not like this is some shocking new concepts. The majority of quests have different difficulties. Please grow up dude
    Cap marvel movie another champ i don't have.
    I understand this was fun.
    I saw seatin's video.
    I was able to go upto emma frost.
    Mainly using my 4 best champion
    Archangel
    Spidey unawknd
    And 4 star sym supreme
    And my only rank 5 nick fury. But lost sym supreme in the end against medusa. Block damage. Invade node... :p
    Nuclekerr said:

I used yondu against rogue. Him and gladiator hulk were my tops!

Wow. Don't have either of them.
    But still then how the hell
    I got my .... Handed by rouge?
    Insane block damage.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    its was all great the only annoying fight was Emma but still not bad
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

Another boss rush and yet another batch of people crying about it being too difficult a few hours after it releases. Never would have guessed

To be fair, there are people crying on the other side of that. Too easy. Lol.
  • Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★
    It was probably the second easiest Boss Rush I’ve done. I did it in 1 run and got Mordo (lol)
  • Wfox12345Wfox12345 Posts: 28
    Well people can say that you just need to wait on counter videos and tip videos, but what if people don't ave these certain counters, what if they arnt progressed in the game enough yet? Just saying it isnt meant for you then is the dumbest statement ive ever heard, because at that point its a fault by the company to make and event for a national day, but not make it the correct difficulty for newer players and or not as skilled players.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    U get 10K 5* shard. I'll take that
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    That Emma is a pain in the, well, you know what lol
  • FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★

Nodes being used multiple times, Emma is almost what we fought in some event and even we fought the same freaking rouge in another challenge.

It's almost like certain nodes challenge the community more than others! Imagine that!

All of the fights were specifically designed to work in certain ways! In the case of my Rogue fight - I could have left it without Invade and given you an Aspect of War node instead (which is what the old fight you're referencing actually was). Invade is the secret to winning her fight quickly and effectively, which is why I made the choice to add it. And Rogue, traditionally, as a champ, isn't a difficult fight, so yes, I definitely amped her up with Death Touch.

In terms of Emma - if you check out Katy's video on why she picked Emma later today, you'll understand why she did a bit of a throwback on the champ choice!

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it!
    Not everyone felt that way. I thought the rogue fight was very cleverly designed. Well done!
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

As stated earlier by one of women who crafted this boss rush. They worked separately on what nodes they wanted for their individual matches and it wasn't until afterwards that they realized they doubled up on nodes. Now whether or not Kabam should've said something or didn't is a seperate conversation but this wasn't a case of being lazy, rather a large coincidence.
  • Sly1Sly1 Posts: 23
    Is there only 1 difficulty setting for this? I can never get past the first fight. It's a completely useless event for me.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Wfox12345 said:

Well people can say that you just need to wait on counter videos and tip videos, but what if people don't ave these certain counters, what if they arnt progressed in the game enough yet? Just saying it isnt meant for you then is the dumbest statement ive ever heard, because at that point its a fault by the company to make and event for a national day, but not make it the correct difficulty for newer players and or not as skilled players.

Would it be better if they blocked it so u have to be at least Uncollected to have a shot at it? It's just been a few hours. You have 2 weeks to keep trying and testing your skill. I guarantee if u try it everyday until it ends it will make u a better player even if u don't complete it. Most of the fights can be done with most champs. It takes skill to win. Having certain champs just makes some of the fights easier, but they aren't the only champs that can beat it.
  • FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★

I thought these were well designed nodes. I’ve completed virtually all content in this game and these nodes were different and fun. The content creators spent their time and energy creating these challenges for us. Why not just enjoy it and take your 5* crystal vs. complaining.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

They came up with something new a while back.. called ice phoenix.. then ppl got death threats.. so yea.. there's probably a reason it's designed the way it is currently..
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

It's almost like certain nodes challenge the community more than others! Imagine that!

All of the fights were specifically designed to work in certain ways! In the case of my Rogue fight - I could have left it without Invade and given you an Aspect of War node instead (which is what the old fight you're referencing actually was). Invade is the secret to winning her fight quickly and effectively, which is why I made the choice to add it. And Rogue, traditionally, as a champ, isn't a difficult fight, so yes, I definitely amped her up with Death Touch.

In terms of Emma - if you check out Katy's video on why she picked Emma later today, you'll understand why she did a bit of a throwback on the champ choice!

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it!
    that rogue was a pain, i still don't know how i knocked her out, took me two revives, i first tried with sentinel but wasn't able to stop his regen enough, so i used warlock (god bless his passive heal block *_* ) but i still died, that unstoppable is something that i really don't know how to effectively use i ended up throwing hits until she fainted lol out of curiosity, if you can't apply a long heal block, how can you win? i really don't understand how to properly fight your rogue, and i would like to learn, if possible ^_^
  • Monto_Carlos28Monto_Carlos28 Posts: 246
    I don't know what y'all are complaining about.
    Yeah it was tough, Had to try 3 times to get past Emma but I think Rouge was much tougher for me.
    1 team revive and 150 units plus a couple of potions did the trick.
    Not even an endgame player!
    Heard you can run it again, nah I'll pass.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Lol wait why did my post get merged into this thread