**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thanks ladies (Boss Rush Discussion!)

Comments

• bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    I can honestly say this boss rush is easier compared to last, and I'm not even a hardcore gamer. The right champs can easily beat this quest, and the hardest person to fight is Emma.

As u can see in the image, it's my roster can u guys help me out with the boss rush?

Archangel melts Wasp
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    I'm genuinely curious if we will get a Men's Day Boss Rush.
    Also wonder if Kabam will one day make a forum members boss rush. Pick names out of a hat or something
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★

I'm uncollected also bro, and I completed the boss rush. You can do it to, believe in your champs. I didnt get to complete the last boss rush with Lagacy, so I worked harder, and got better.

Captain Marvel [Movie]
    Captain IW
    Nick Fury
    Hulk (Ragnarok)
    Ghost

The fact that my roster is very similar to yours makes me feel like I chose my champs right, except I used Torch and Archangel in place of Ghost and Gulk
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    I give up, the Emma Frost is just to annoying for me to enjoy it.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★

that rogue was a pain, i still don't know how i knocked her out, took me two revives, i first tried with sentinel but wasn't able to stop his regen enough, so i used warlock (god bless his passive heal block *_* ) but i still died, that unstoppable is something that i really don't know how to effectively use i ended up throwing hits until she fainted lol out of curiosity, if you can't apply a long heal block, how can you win? i really don't understand how to properly fight your rogue, and i would like to learn, if possible ^_^

You have 10 seconds at the start of the fight to make her hold block and start swinging into her through Invade. With a Corvus, or Sunspot, for example, that might be all you need to make a difference and get her down.

When Brawl is "Off", that's when you need to knock down the Aggression: Regen charges that have maybe stacked up if you can't heal block her, and while it's quite a bit to juggle the first few times you do it - it can definitely be done without a regen preventing champ!
    I didn't have a problem with Rogue but thank you for taking the time to explain how to get around the nodes with her. It's much appreciated and will help a lot of players.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

that rogue was a pain, i still don't know how i knocked her out, took me two revives, i first tried with sentinel but wasn't able to stop his regen enough, so i used warlock (god bless his passive heal block *_* ) but i still died, that unstoppable is something that i really don't know how to effectively use i ended up throwing hits until she fainted lol out of curiosity, if you can't apply a long heal block, how can you win? i really don't understand how to properly fight your rogue, and i would like to learn, if possible ^_^

You have 10 seconds at the start of the fight to make her hold block and start swinging into her through Invade. With a Corvus, or Sunspot, for example, that might be all you need to make a difference and get her down.

When Brawl is "Off", that's when you need to knock down the Aggression: Regen charges that have maybe stacked up if you can't heal block her, and while it's quite a bit to juggle the first few times you do it - it can definitely be done without a regen preventing champ!
    i might try with corvus if i do another run for the titles, i can get the charge from X23 at the start... thank you very much for your reply ^_^
    what about annihilus? he has a synergy with nova that gives him +65% physical resistance while unstoppable, does this work with the Unstoppable from the node? because between the armor break and stiffler on the block, the fury and the invader node, theoretically i could be able to block the regen (despair) and dish out great damage, while having a lot of resistance if i end up taking hits when Brawl is active ^_^
  • FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★
    Terra said:

Also wonder if Kabam will one day make a forum members boss rush. Pick names out of a hat or something

Seriously? Isn’t that what we had last boss rush? No one called it that but essentially that is what it was. We could alway bring back the Legacy symbiote supreme where only sparky could beat it without revives. No offense to the male content creators (I’m a huge fan of diggity dork), but I thought this one was designed start to finish without specific champ counters needed. Well done to the women content creators!

Terra said:

Seriously? Isn’t that what we had last boss rush? No one called it that but essentially that is what it was. We could alway bring back the Legacy symbiote supreme where only sparky could beat it without revives. No offense to the male content creators (I’m a huge fan of diggity dork), but I thought this one was designed start to finish without specific champ counters needed. Well done to the women content creators!

I agree. This has been the most well rounded boss rush I've taken part in. All the fights can be done with multiple champs. It's not limited to just a few counters and if you don't have them you either won't finish or waste a ton of units. Granted some champs will have an easier time than others but that will always be the case when the game has almost 200 champs.
  • PantherAPPantherAP Posts: 57
    I'm just a casual player with moderate skill (Can't intercept, suck at evading specials, have a hard time remembering everyone's heavy attack patterns, always lose my groove after doing 80% damage) so, like with all Boss Rushes, I can't handle this challenge.

I have some great 5 Star champs, like Void or Hyperion, that might be decent counters but they're either unduped or still at low Ranks... Same thing goes for my 4 Stars, which are mostly still at Rank 2 because all my resources go towards very slowly building up my 5 Stars. I know some highly skilled players can probably do this with 3 Stars but I get killed as soon as I make a mistake.

It's frustrating to see endgame players keep saying how all these challenges are too easy and that the rewards are "meh" when I could definitely use them but am locked out by a glass ceiling of ridiculous difficulty that caters to highly skilled players that don't even need these rewards.

If there was a Master difficulty for this, I could live with that. That's usually where I'm capped off. I've only been able to complete Uncollected EQ twice with a lot of effort and blowing away a lot of resources.

Sorry, guys...I'm just a bit salty because there's little worthwhile content for me to play through. I get excited to see new stuff and cool rewards only to get pushed out because I don't have the newest champs/counters, Rank 2 6 Stars, or a strong Holy Trinity Domino team. It's no fun when half my team gets melted away in the first fight and the only thing I have to look forward to is exploring Normal and Heroic EQ's for mediocre rewards that barely help me progress.

Eh, enough ranting, I think I'll just avoid this event and go back to parrying Mole Man for some 5 Star shards, heh!
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    My only issue with the boss rush is that it is conflicted in difficulty vs rewards. Those that can just beat it (which I did) get nothing out of just opening a 5*. Not a single member of my alliance has posted an opening that wasn’t meaningless. To the people that opening a 5* means a lot to their account, it is too difficult. There doesn’t much appear to be an audience for such a thing other than something to do and he’ll maybe I get lucky
    PantherAP said:

I'm just a casual player with moderate skill (Can't intercept, suck at evading specials, have a hard time remembering everyone's heavy attack patterns, always lose my groove after doing 80% damage) so, like with all Boss Rushes, I can't handle this challenge.

I have some great 5 Star champs, like Void or Hyperion, that might be decent counters but they're either unduped or still at low Ranks... Same thing goes for my 4 Stars, which are mostly still at Rank 2 because all my resources go towards very slowly building up my 5 Stars. I know some highly skilled players can probably do this with 3 Stars but I get killed as soon as I make a mistake.

It's frustrating to see endgame players keep saying how all these challenges are too easy and that the rewards are "meh" when I could definitely use them but am locked out by a glass ceiling of ridiculous difficulty that caters to highly skilled players that don't even need these rewards.

If there was a Master difficulty for this, I could live with that. That's usually where I'm capped off. I've only been able to complete Uncollected EQ twice with a lot of effort and blowing away a lot of resources.

Sorry, guys...I'm just a bit salty because there's little worthwhile content for me to play through. I get excited to see new stuff and cool rewards only to get pushed out because I don't have the newest champs/counters, Rank 2 6 Stars, or a strong Holy Trinity Domino team. It's no fun when half my team gets melted away in the first fight and the only thing I have to look forward to is exploring Normal and Heroic EQ's for mediocre rewards that barely help me progress.

Eh, enough ranting, I think I'll just avoid this event and go back to parrying Mole Man for some 5 Star shards, heh!

No offense but u say you are just a casual player. Also u say u have moderate skill but you can't intercept, can't evade, can't remember champs moves, and mess up 20% of the time. That doesn't sound like someone with moderate skill and that's fine. I suggest practicing. The only way you will improve is to practice difficult content. If you just do normal and heroic difficulty you aren't challenging yourself to get better. If u just want to be a casual player that's perfectly fine. A lot of ppl are happy with that. But u have to understand u won't be able to do the harder content that takes time and experience to learn. This event gives a whole 5*. Compare that to uncollected EQ. You don't even get a whole 5* crystal exploring all of the monthly EQ. U cant expect the boss rush to be easier And give double the rewards.

My only issue with the boss rush is that it is conflicted in difficulty vs rewards. Those that can just beat it (which I did) get nothing out of just opening a 5*. Not a single member of my alliance has posted an opening that wasn’t meaningless. To the people that opening a 5* means a lot to their account, it is too difficult. There doesn’t much appear to be an audience for such a thing other than something to do and he’ll maybe I get lucky

Isn't that just part of the game? There has been a bunch of ppl that spent several Odins on the abyss only to get meaningless champs that wont help there progression. They do it for the personal satisfaction of knowing they completed the difficult content and the chance to get lucky opening a crystal. Same thing with the Boss Rush
    Neotwism said:

Isn't that just part of the game? There has been a bunch of ppl that spent several Odins on the abyss only to get meaningless champs that wont help there progression. They do it for the personal satisfaction of knowing they completed the difficult content and the chance to get lucky opening a crystal. Same thing with the Boss Rush
    True. I am just saying the target audience, reward wise for something like this find it very difficult. Trust me I am building my units to complete 6.4 on release for the satisfaction knowing full well my crystal pulls after it will likely be soul crushing
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    I thought it was pretty balanced for a six fight 5* crystal, and that amazing Top Banana title lol..

Emma and Rogue were the tough ones for me. Emma is normally not bad if you can evade her SP1, but the oscillate allowed her to build her Regen stacks up while in defense. I just tried to keep heal block on her as much as possible and managed a one-shot with Sentinel. Intercepting is key here.

Rogue was the hardest IMO, but I don't have a lot of experience with brawl. I got her down to 30% with Quake which was a crazy fight of juggling brawl, stuns, evades, death touch, and the Regen. Finished her off with Doom.

I might go back in for more titles, and try Sentinel for Rogue. Who did you guys all use for her?
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    In some reason I can't dex Emma's sp1 first hit, I tried a lot, but it just doesn't work for me. Did her with r5 hype - hold block, push her to sp2, throw sp2, heavy, heavy, sp2
    Rogue is not a fun fight, if you don't have some heavy hitting guy. Almost 1shoted her with r2 sentinel, finished with hype
    Other fights are in line with rewards difficulty wise

Big thanks to top banana guy, x23 with no sp3 active was a very pleasant fight, and the title is nice
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Too easy - boring. I just muscled my way through it. Guess free 5* is a free 5* tho
    🧐 this was definitely easy when compared to last quest..my team for boss rush was

CAIW
    AA
    Corvus
    Magik
    Sentinel

I used AA for X-23 and Wasp (didn't even lose 10% health during either fight)

Corvus was easily the mvp, and used him to beat Medusa, Emma, Rogue, and Black Widow without too much of a problem. I honestly feel Corvus could beat the whole thing by himself. I have heard of folks with 4* Corvus who have beaten the rush.
  • PantherAPPantherAP Posts: 57
    Neotwism said:

No offense but u say you are just a casual player. Also u say u have moderate skill but you can't intercept, can't evade, can't remember champs moves, and mess up 20% of the time. That doesn't sound like someone with moderate skill and that's fine. I suggest practicing. The only way you will improve is to practice difficult content. If you just do normal and heroic difficulty you aren't challenging yourself to get better. If u just want to be a casual player that's perfectly fine. A lot of ppl are happy with that. But u have to understand u won't be able to do the harder content that takes time and experience to learn. This event gives a whole 5*. Compare that to uncollected EQ. You don't even get a whole 5* crystal exploring all of the monthly EQ. U cant expect the boss rush to be easier And give double the rewards.

Yeah, after three years of playing this, I should be better... I get that. I can 100% Master difficulty EQ consistently and can get through most of Uncollected, except for the ridiculously amped up Ch 3 bosses. I just forget stupid little things with all the champs in the game now, like Old Man Logan's extra punch on the heavy attack or Heimdall's last swing on a SP1 (Those always get me, for some reason, heheh!)

I finally became Uncollected last year, only for Cavalier and the introduction of 6 Stars to once again put all the decent rewards out of reach. It just seems to be the MO for this game: No matter how much I try to focus on ranking up god tier champs, it's just never enough. It also feels like it's an All-or-Nothing reward system; You either get an embarrassment of riches for being an end-game player or you get a trickle of relevant resources for "not trying hard enough", even though you're just playing one difficulty level below.

I don't expect to get a new 6 Star champ every week but when all I have to show for 3 years of grinding is one 5/65 Gwenpool and two R1 6 Star champs, it just feels like an unbalanced game. I don't think I've ever encountered such a slow-progressing game before. I was doing a lot better on the MK app game in half the time... I could acquire all the new champs easily and almost maxed out Shao Khan before I deleted it!
  • FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★

Too easy - boring. I just muscled my way through it. Guess free 5* is a free 5* tho

Why not just be thankful?
    PantherAP said:

Neotwism said:

Yeah, after three years of playing this, I should be better... I get that. I can 100% Master difficulty EQ consistently and can get through most of Uncollected, except for the ridiculously amped up Ch 3 bosses. I just forget stupid little things with all the champs in the game now, like Old Man Logan's extra punch on the heavy attack or Heimdall's last swing on a SP1 (Those always get me, for some reason, heheh!)

I finally became Uncollected last year, only for Cavalier and the introduction of 6 Stars to once again put all the decent rewards out of reach. It just seems to be the MO for this game: No matter how much I try to focus on ranking up god tier champs, it's just never enough. It also feels like it's an All-or-Nothing reward system; You either get an embarrassment of riches for being an end-game player or you get a trickle of relevant resources for "not trying hard enough", even though you're just playing one difficulty level below.

I don't expect to get a new 6 Star champ every week but when all I have to show for 3 years of grinding is one 5/65 Gwenpool and two R1 6 Star champs, it just feels like an unbalanced game. I don't think I've ever encountered such a slow-progressing game before. I was doing a lot better on the MK app game in half the time... I could acquire all the new champs easily and almost maxed out Shao Khan before I deleted it!
    What rewards do cav players get that uncollected don't besides cav crystals? It's not like their is a cav difficulty with better rewards. I guess maybe the calendar but most cav ppl I know would rather get 25% of a 5* champ than a few hundred 6* shards. This game takes time. If you can't at the minimum do AQ everyday it will take a long time to progress. With the reduced costs of t5b in the glory store it's now easier than ever to get rankup resources. You just have to put in the effort and time to get them.

Why not just be thankful?
    agreed..people are complaining about something being easy like they are being forced to play the quest..just be thankful Kabam are giving up easy rewards

If it's so easy and boring why did u even waste your time being bothered with such content that's beneath your amazing level? It's not hard to at least appreciate the rewards and the time and effort the ppl took designing these fights. It's not like it's their job or anything. They did it as a fun event for the whole community and not just for ppl with your advanced skills in the game. Nowhere else in-game can u get a basic 5* crystal in the amount of time it takes. Maybe you should look for another game since this is so easy and boring for you.
    Aleor said:

In some reason I can't dex Emma's sp1 first hit, I tried a lot, but it just doesn't work for me. Did her with r5 hype - hold block, push her to sp2, throw sp2, heavy, heavy, sp2
    Rogue is not a fun fight, if you don't have some heavy hitting guy. Almost 1shoted her with r2 sentinel, finished with hype
    Other fights are in line with rewards difficulty wise

Big thanks to top banana guy, x23 with no sp3 active was a very pleasant fight, and the title is nice

Rogue is just a a hole designed fight. It’s easily managed with 3-4 different champ but just poorly designed as a fun encounter imo