**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Exclude LEGENDS from FUTURE Top 100 Runs???

KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
Should current Legends times be excluded from future Top 100 Runs which might level the competitive playing field? (Yet, still receive points towards the Legends Leaderboard)

Exclude LEGENDS from FUTURE Top 100 Runs??? 118 votes

Yes, Legends times should be Exclude
34%
samalasravanSnizzbarChadhoganFoxhero007Darkrider05LibralonixLvernon15Knorr7227RSoxNo116wegnerkDuke_SilverMattManPanchulon21SandeepSMad_Titan_21Archdemon_Saransh245Repto23Cendar333Count_Willis 41 votes
No, Legends times shoul be INCLUDED.
40%
DNA3000GamerVdh2008danielmathShrimkinsTimone147RaganatorxNigFrostyDeadbyrd9LosspikDshuzuffyPrimmer79DemonzfyrePwf57NOOOOOOOOPEEEEEQuikPikWorknprogressThecrusher_9756 48 votes
Other: Different Legends System
9%
ADDIS0NNEO_mr_AndersonLightvaynedrakeWARLORDLittlePeteTheDuke899MauledTheInfintyH_I_ZAouxWouxLohan33 11 votes
I don't care, but gonna vote anyway :-)
15%
BigPoppaCBONEMcord11758jdrum663NanoDroidCupidMysterioGrootman1294Maldroit2Denzel116Fred_JoeityGrandmaster007Duck_of_DoomElohim16BonzodavidMinvisspoodermann1IRQ22piløts 18 votes

Comments

• KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    edited March 2020
    Accidentally pressed post, can't change now.

"Yes, Legends times should be EXCLUDED"

No, Legends times should still be INCLUDED"

Ur all smart, sure u can figure it out :-)
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,129 ★★★★★
    Lohan33 said:

zuffy said:

If you can’t beat the best, you don’t deserve the title.

Wouldnt that make legends at least master and uc? I mean heroic is hardly beating the *best*
    I agree but kabam never separated the legend title. But to ask for an easier path to get legend title by excluding the players that got legend already is silly.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Just like in the other post (which makes this one spam) tell me how it will work once more and more people get the title since you are saying someone can only get it once. What then? At some point you'll be able to get the title by taking your time to do the quest.
    edited March 2020
    @Demonzfyre After taking alot of time to think about it & share. I figured it'd be good to find out what others in our MCOCommunity think,...so I created a poll. Is creating a poll about something discussed previously in a forum post really spam? That would apply to almost every Poll then. I never asked if it should work or how. I'm simply asking a question for others to vote on & share their pov, if they like. Have a good day Sir :smile:
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Just one question...why??if u want to go for the legend tag u have to work for it...i dont see any reason to remove the already existing legends...if u are entering a tournament u might have to face the previous winners and this is a speed tournament
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★

@Demonzfyre After taking alot of time to think about it & share. I figured it'd be good to find out what others in our MCOCommunity think,...so I created a poll. Is creating a poll about something discussed previously in a forum post really spam? That would apply to almost every Poll then. I never asked if it should work or how. I'm simply asking a question for others to vote on & share their pov, if they like. Have a good day Sir :smile:

When you say "I never asked if it should work or how" then a post shouldn't be created. It's called being non-constructive and that's against forum ToS.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Lol. Those choosing to exclude the existing legends’ run times are just salty they can’t get it fair and square.
  • PeaRatPeaRat Posts: 152
    This isn’t a good idea. Eventually it would make it so the legends run cutoff would go down to a much longer time so people wouldn’t even have to try, as everyone who will try would get it easily.
  • nfernonferno Posts: 64
    edited March 2020
    This is silly. The main factor in legends time is energy refills anyway. That and a clean connection with the game servers.
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    Wouldn't that be similar to "Those who have already won a Gold Medal in the Olympics can no longer compete in future Olympics?".
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    In this mole man event a legends run does nothing for an average player because the guys who already have a legend title and top players will get it because they have 1-3 r3 6* and will run through this faster than anyone else and get it.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    What you are proposing means everyone will eventually get a legends title.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I had an idea where legends runs were actually skill based... Then I woke up. Even though the title is cool they represent exactly nothing to do with a player being legendary which makes them shiny pieces of garbage.
    edited March 2020

When you say "I never asked if it should work or how" then a post shouldn't be created. It's called being non-constructive and that's against forum ToS.
    I guess if u think everyone else's vote & POV doesn't matter,...then it would be "non-constructive" for u. Hmm Sounds like ur making urself the authority here. Seems like ur trying to bait me, but I really don't have time to go around in circles with u. Now that would definitely be "non-constructive".Lol Ur No vote is counted. Have a nice day sir.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Werewrym said:

I had an idea where legends runs were actually skill based... Then I woke up. Even though the title is cool they represent exactly nothing to do with a player being legendary which makes them shiny pieces of garbage.

Everything you've ever accomplished can be described in precisely the same way.

The legend title is awarded to the players who complete the in-game task quickest. It isn't awarded to the "best" or "most legendary" player, as if those things describe anything at all. They're awarded to the players who win that particular challenge, no more, no less.

Anyone who says the titles are meaningless because they aren't awarded to the "most skilled" players doesn't understand the concept of competition, or has ever witnessed human competition on Earth. We don't award Olympic medals to the "best" athletes, we award them to the athletes that win. If the point was to give awards to the best people at everything we wouldn't need competitions. We could just decide who was the best and give them a prize.

The best doesn't always win. Competitions are not about who's best, they are about who wins. The Legend titles and rewards are a competition, and are awarded to the players that win. In MCOC you complete that content the fastest by playing fast, by using the fastest champions in your roster, by optimizing your strategy, and yes, by squeezing every last second out of your device and internet connection.

I believe that is overly restrictive. Unless someone is rehashing a thread that was closed, opening excessive threads with the same topic, or repeating a pre-existing poll, I do not believe opening a poll to ask on what side players fall on a topic of discussion is considered non-constructive according to the forum rules.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Lately these posts have become more common. What is the point in a game if everyone is a winner and difficulty is lowered to match weaker play?
    Lohan33 said:

zuffy said:

If you can’t beat the best, you don’t deserve the title.

Wouldnt that make legends at least master and uc? I mean heroic is hardly beating the *best*
    I recently saw a video by Dave where he realized that using an awakened Invisible Woman can shave seconds off of many fights by always getting in the first hit. This is of little consequence unless you're attempting a legends run, where saving a few seconds per fight multiplied by all the fights in heroic could be a substantial percentage of the total time you spend in there.

That tells me that even when legends runs include heroic difficulty that doesn't mean it is a non-trivial part of the competition, or that there's no way for a smarter player to gain an advantage. And smarter is just as worthy of being rewarded as quicker fingers. If the Legends runs included Master and UC rather than Heroic and Master, that wouldn't make them "better" (or worse) just different. Legends runs would be rewarding slightly different things. But being the fastest at M+UC is not automatically better than being fastest at H+M. Just different.

• Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I don't care, but gonna vote anyway :-)
    Legends title is one of the most meaningless things in game
    Manup456 said:

In this mole man event a legends run does nothing for an average player because the guys who already have a legend title and top players will get it because they have 1-3 r3 6* and will run through this faster than anyone else and get it.

Have you seen the Legends rewards for EQ? I can guarantee you that it gives NOTHING in benefit of attaining a 6* R3, or even 5* R5 for that matter.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I would like it if all legends were separated from non legends. That way it lets more and more people become legends.

I would never go for any legends thing, it’s just my opinion on how it should be.
    Thebgj said:

I would like it if all legends were separated from non legends. That way it lets more and more people become legends.

I would never go for any legends thing, it’s just my opinion on how it should be.

That’s not legendary in any way. Lol
    Thebgj said:

This is not how you give out legends titles. This is how you choose teams for dodge ball.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    So basically everyone should have a legends title by this logic. I don’t have one because I won’t take the effort to blitz content like this. If you cant put the team together or the effort to pull off these top times then like me you don’t deserve the title.

This basically is trying to turn the legend title into a participation trophy. The other titles are already the participation trophies for completing the content.