**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Korg Needs To Be Nerf Long Overdue!

Parodical_Sun1Parodical_Sun1 Posts: 143
edited March 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
With the recent nerfs to Namor and Cull Odison and even Ebony Maw,I truly feel that Korg is overpowered champ in this game especially in AW and EQ. With a champ that can go unblockable and on top of unstoppable buffer, many of average and above average players, easily getting killed off by him because of these unfair buffers on his mechanics,compared to the other champs mentioned above who have been nerf for far lesser complaints.

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    You need to redefine “average” and “above average”.
  • Parodical_Sun1Parodical_Sun1 Posts: 143
    xNig said:

People who play regularly and players who know how to tactfully handle majority of the other champs aside from him.

edited March 2020

Hell to the NO! Korg is amazing the way he is. The whole purpose of him is to be a challenging opponent, not to settle for mediocrity.

This of course, is just my humble opinion.

He’s “amazing” being the mechanics of him going unblockabe and unstoppable, which is overkill IMHO,off back with his SP1 almost unavoidable being that it is unblockable and on top of him going unstoppable taking on even more massive unavoidable damage. His SP2 is avoidable though.
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★

Korg didn't go unstoppable/unblockable against me in ages (outside of his easy to dex sp1 of course). Completely avoidable.
    On top of that there are so many hard-counters to his thorns.

#buffkorg

Must be referring to an unawaken Korg in the arenas,because every time I fight him in EQ or AWs, he goes unblockable and unstoppable after completing his SP1.

You haven’t learnt how his abilities work. He gains those charges when you dex so if you manage them he won’t go unblockable and unstoppable. Watch a couple YouTube videos they will help explain better
  • ShotgunShellsShotgunShells Posts: 7

Korg didn't go unstoppable/unblockable against me in ages (outside of his easy to dex sp1 of course). Completely avoidable.
    On top of that there are so many hard-counters to his thorns.

#buffkorg

Must be referring to an unawaken Korg in the arenas,because every time I fight him in EQ or AWs, he goes unblockable and unstoppable after completing his SP1.

Just watch a video on how to counter him. find a duel target and practice dexing his sp1. Its as easy as that. also thats not how his awakened ability works.
  • Jungle92Jungle92 Posts: 114 ★★
    What the heck am I reading 😂😂
    Let’s just nerf all the champs than.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    Namor is still a good counter to korg since his sig ability wasn't changed at all. Just learn how to fight against him, yeah he can be annoying if you're not using the right champs but that's the whole point of this game, each champ has good matchups and bad matchups, the goal is to find where they are best.
  • CtuchikCtuchik Posts: 352 ★★
    Cull Odinson sounds badass tho
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    edited March 2020

Hell to the NO! Korg is amazing the way he is. The whole purpose of him is to be a challenging opponent, not to settle for mediocrity.

This of course, is just my humble opinion.

He’s “amazing” being the mechanics of him going unblockabe and unstoppable, which is overkill IMHO,off back with his SP1 almost unavoidable being that it is unblockable and on top of him going unstoppable taking on even more massive unavoidable damage. His SP2 is avoidable though.

It comes down to learning how to defeat him. You're not supposed to Dex him, you parry, and then strike. Energy attacks work the best against him (like Sunspot). I usually parry and strike and wait till all his rock stacks are down before the real damage begins. He doesn't last more than a few mins against me
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★
    I just be happy if they remove unblockable from his SP1 or have it where you can block the 2 energy attack after the initial attack would be a fair compromise.
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    They gave an awesome counter for him.

Yes his rock stacks damage back - pain
    His parry restore - pain
    Dashing back to save your ass trigger unstoppable and unblockble - pain
    Hitting other than light attack to destroy rock shield - pain.
    True.

But there is a counter for not taking damage. A certain champ living under the sea is the answer.
    Aquaman i suppose.
    Ofcourse u have to get him dupe him and go max sig.
    Lol.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    007md92 said:

They gave an awesome counter for him.

Yes his rock stacks damage back - pain
    His parry restore - pain
    Dashing back to save your ass trigger unstoppable and unblockble - pain
    Hitting other than light attack to destroy rock shield - pain.
    True.

But there is a counter for not taking damage. A certain champ living under the sea is the answer.
    Aquaman i suppose.
    Ofcourse u have to get him dupe him and go max sig.
    Lol.

So basically you want every defender to be easy to kill like an iron fist?

Learn to play also multiple of counters for korg

4 off the top of my head
    Namor max sig
    Omega Red
    Dormomu
    Magneto

I personally will just use magik for limbo to heal back some of the damage
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    I actually think Korg needs to be buffed, he is weak as hell, my 6* Korg is weaker than my 4* Nick Fury...very weak and disappointing champ painful to use in questing and prolonged arena fights.

xNig said:

People who play regularly and players who know how to tactfully handle majority of the other champs aside from him.

Given that he’s such a common defender, an above average player, by your definition, should be more than equipped to handle him.

He’s easy to fight. Just learn how to do it. It’s no excuse to say “I don’t know” and then whine about it.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    He's a breeze to fight, so many good counters. Doom, Havok, Namor, Human Torch, and Omega Red to name a few.

I actually think Korg needs to be buffed, he is weak as hell, my 6* Korg is weaker than my 4* Nick Fury...very weak and disappointing champ painful to use in questing and prolonged arena fights.

Korg is not a top tier questing champ, he’s an AW defense type nightmare champion. Korg’s SP1 with certain champs can be avoided like with Spidey Gwen,Stark Spidey, Daredevil, and Ronin (Hawkeye) can evade his SP-1 but that triggers the dexterity mechanic on him, which causes him to go unstoppable.
    Er.... No.

It's so easy to fight nowadays that it's laughable.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    edited June 2020

Korg is not a top tier questing champ, he’s an AW defense type nightmare champion. Korg’s SP1 with certain champs can be avoided like with Spidey Gwen,Stark Spidey, Daredevil, and Ronin (Hawkeye) can evade his SP-1 but that triggers the dexterity mechanic on him, which causes him to go unstoppable.
    Iron patriot can avoid korg’s special 1.
    Also, he only gains crowd excitement from dexing on his basic attacks.
    Edeuink said:

It still triggers the dexterity feature to go unstoppable which deals out more damage evading his SP-1,that is the point.

• EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★

Edeuink said:

It still triggers the dexterity feature to go unstoppable which deals out more damage evading his SP-1,that is the point.

A champion causes you to take damage when he goes unstoppable and doesn’t hit you? Wow, I learn new things about this game every day. Also, korg does not gain crowd excitement charges when you dex his sp1, since his sp1 is not a basic attack. He only gains crowd excitement when you dex his mediums, lights, or heavies.
    Edeuink said:

Edeuink said:

A champion causes you to take damage when he goes unstoppable and doesn’t hit you? Wow, I learn new things about this game every day. Also, korg does not gain crowd excitement charges when you dex his sp1, since his sp1 is not a basic attack. He only gains crowd excitement when you dex his mediums, lights, or heavies.
    You just prove my point, when you stated,”he only gain crowd excitement, when you dex his medium, lights and heavies.” It is either that or just stand there getting hit (catching wreck) from those attacks, because dashing backwards to evade those hit triggers his dexterity crowd excitement mechanics and guess what happens next? He goes unblockable and unstoppable on Sp-1.

Which can be fully evaded, and has a time duration that is longer than his unstoppable/unblockable.

Yeah, makes sense. Lol