**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Namor and Cull obsidian resources Status

Comments

• TradingMiraTradingMira Posts: 4
    @Kabam Miike inbox msg said sig stones would be returned but what about rank up material?
  • ShaaneneganShaanenegan Posts: 112

Issue : 2015 rankup gems, ppl ranked up new champs, dont care
    Issue: senry was given in place of void, ppl kept both, dont care
    Issue: ppl got 2 cull/namor, dont care. Just let them keep it.
    If not, fix all the issues. Dont be biased.

Oh yeah, forgot about double 10000 5* shards last boss rush.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Wasn't it that they got double Resources as well, not just double Champs? Am I wrong?
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★

Wasn't it that they got double Resources as well, not just double Champs? Am I wrong?

not double resources that I've seen. in fact they have received less ISO/Gold then they shoud've.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

not double resources that I've seen. in fact they have received less ISO/Gold then they shoud've.
    Ok. The ISO is an issue they're aware of. I thought it was just that they were sent two Emails. Thanks.

Double 10k shards is not the same as duped 5* or 6* Namor lol. if people who accidentally got given dupes are given 10k 5* shards and their dupes taken away I wouldn't mind so much. But i'm pretty sure they would still not be happy because it means potentially a 5* Kamala Khan being pulled rather than guaranteed Namor.

But duped namor 5* or 6* does impact very negatively on AQ results. We place top 500 playing maps 5-6 so prestige is important to us as we do not want to do map 7. And yes, there are quite a few of my ally members who sold namor's and got back dupes so possibly we may have jumped up slightly in position; which then isn't fair to other allies.

The guys who sold Namor only to awaken and rank him again (for prestige or otherwise) are basically getting a free awakening gem which then isn't fair to others).

How about this: People who didn't sell Namor 5*/6* get a class 5*/6* awakening gem so they can awaken their Namor if they choose, or someone else specific? would those people who incorrectly get double Namors be happy with that? doubt it.
    I would be happy if everyone got an awakening gem if I could keep my Namor.
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★

I would be happy if everyone got an awakening gem if I could keep my Namor.

That would be very kind of you. Unfortunately there would be some with duped Namor's stating they'd rather get back undupe Namor and get another gem. And the circle of arguements/trolling would continue.

Either way I feel bad for everyone concerned (people who don't even have Namor and now possibly upset cos if they had and sold then would've gotten dupe, people who sold and got dupe now to be taken away, people that didn't sell and wish they'd sold to get back dupe, and Kabam mod's tryna keep everyone calm in here).

It's a total $h!t show for sure
    Kpatrix said:

If everyone that sold gets a free dupe, then everyone who didn’t should get the same, both for cull and namor. You are already going to have a lot of unfairly awakened culls and namors, you may as well make it the same for everyone in the name of competitive balance. Otherwise that’s more integrity lost by the game team and will leave a bad taste in a lot of players mouths. Pretty ridiculous that some get free dupes and a chance to cash in rank up gems to get resources to rank up other champs of different classes while others get nothing but stuck with useless rank up gems they can’t use because they got unlucky and pulled all the same class.

I’m won’t be surprised if this just gets swept away as usual, people getting free duped while others get nothing. Might be worth it to go negative in units over this....

Kabams taking away the dupes.

• ShaaneneganShaanenegan Posts: 112
    What makes the people, who didn't participate in selling the champs for the rank down, entitled to get a dupe?
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★

Kpatrix said:

If everyone that sold gets a free dupe, then everyone who didn’t should get the same, both for cull and namor. You are already going to have a lot of unfairly awakened culls and namors, you may as well make it the same for everyone in the name of competitive balance. Otherwise that’s more integrity lost by the game team and will leave a bad taste in a lot of players mouths. Pretty ridiculous that some get free dupes and a chance to cash in rank up gems to get resources to rank up other champs of different classes while others get nothing but stuck with useless rank up gems they can’t use because they got unlucky and pulled all the same class.

I’m won’t be surprised if this just gets swept away as usual, people getting free duped while others get nothing. Might be worth it to go negative in units over this....

Kabams taking away the dupes.

I’ll believe it when I see it, it’s going to be even more complaints from people who used a gem on him then when they got it back and he was duped used it on someone else. They will probably backtrack saying it’s too much work to go case by case to see who did what and just leave it all alone. It won’t be the first time they let people keep exploited rewards. Last boss rush people ran several times and got to keep all the extra shards because of a similar explanation. Only time will tell but their track record indicates nothing will be changed.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    So, if I order a burger at a drive through, and you put two burgers in my bag and I drive off unknowingly, is the restaurant going to recall one burger?

Total disclaimer: it impacts me zero. Yes i sold namor. Yes I got 2 back, but to be honest I don't even remember whether or not I pulled that second one legitimately, but did regain the generic AG that will be repurposed elsewhere, while I have a few mutant AGs and no one worthwhile to use it on.

The only impact for me is whether or not I have to somehow come up with 19 signature stones that I have already repurposed elsewhere.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Ridiculous comparison, there’s no competitiveness between you and everyone else who doesn’t know that you got extra. Try again.

That's what you think. First to diabetes wins!

Ok let's look at the history of any major televised sport. Hmm. I can't think of one time the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc... has ever once said "oh wait, we made a bad call that could have impacted the result of the "Super World Stanley Cup Bowl".. let's retract this season/year and start over, stripping all titles, medals, rings, trophies, and money paid to the players so we can do it over."

For those of you non sports fans, this happens far more regularly than it honestly should, yet very seldomly is the winner stripped of the win, and never have they ever replayed an entire season for a single call.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

Nkrzykwa1 said:

@Kabam Miike so since a bunch of players essentially got a free 6* namor just for selling theirs is the rest of the community going to get a free 6* namor. I mean seems the only fair way to balance it

That's not the only way to balance it. Unfortunately, we're likely going to be removing the Extra Dupes that you weren't meant to receive.
    So how’s that going to work in cases where players have already used sig stones on a otherwise unduped Namor. In my case for instance I got Namor twice in the mail + an awakening gem. Now I know for sure that I used a mutant awakening gem on him when I pulled him from a featured crystal, took me a while (couple of months) to get him to max sig. As for the second Namor, I honestly can’t remember if I pulled him a 2nd time during those months. But if I didn’t you would be taking of 20 sig stones of my now yet again max sig Namor, who would basically be unduped............like 🤔
  • GroveDamselGroveDamsel Posts: 0
    I sell my Cull unduplicated and kabam return me him as duplicated and i rank up him again due to his duplicate! What we doing now
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    If I read correctly, most of the people want to keep the dupe Namor, that they did not have before, because it's Kabam mistake.
    So, in the future, if Kabam make a mistake that is not good for you, like forgetting to give you your war or SA rewards, for example, it would be ok???
    Come on, you had an unduped Namor, you get back an unduped one.

If the bank deposit $1000 by mistake, it's fine, you can spend it, it'S not your fault, it's their mistake.

'nuff said.
  • BigmanpriceBigmanprice Posts: 4

I totally agree, if they fix all the mistakes that were made I will be happy with them taking back my champs. The is the best comment so far. @Kabam Miike
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    The next best thing for them to do(best is they let you keep the duplicate but its highly unlikely), is to return you the resources you spent in ranking him up once again probably.
  • nanurepconanurepco Posts: 71
    I want ask one thing @Kabam Miike I had duped namor I got two 5* namor in the in-game massage so it will remain same or anything will be changed?
  • JMKeynesJMKeynes Posts: 12
    I did not get back the 4 star r4 to r5 promotion gem that I had used on Namor. Has this occurred to someone else?
  • jacboonjacboon Posts: 39
    Why not just take crystal shards for the rarity involved back from people that got the dupe? Would that not be easier than trying to reallocate resources used?
This discussion has been closed.