**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Namor and Cull obsidian resources Status

Comments

• Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 โ˜…โ˜…
    So has there been any mention for the people like me that thought all was good with the dupe and re ranked my cull back to r4. I know youll be stripping the dupe but is mine stuck at r4?
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271 โ˜…
    well Those who donโ€™t have cull obsidian or namor and those who get dupes and not recalled should get them as well
  • jacboonjacboon Posts: 39 โ˜…
    edited March 2020
    Neotwism said:

It's extremely difficult to naturally awaken a 5* champ let alone a 6* since u get 6* champs less often than 5* champs.

I'd disagree on that point. Of the 74 5* I have, probably 40-50% are naturally duped.

The only people that'd massively benefit from this are newer-mid tier players who only have one or two 5/6*s and already had one of those champs anyway.

Also, who's to say you definitely wouldn't pull the dupe from your next 5-6* Crystal? It's just as likely as getting any other champ...

It's not a perfect fix, no. Just less complicated and less likely to go wrong.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    jacboon said:

Neotwism said:

It's extremely difficult to naturally awaken a 5* champ let alone a 6* since u get 6* champs less often than 5* champs.

I'd disagree on that point. Of the 74 5* I have, probably 40-50% are naturally duped.

The only people that'd massively benefit from this are newer-mid tier players who only have one or two 5/6*s and already had one of those champs anyway.

Also, who's to say you definitely wouldn't pull the dupe from your next 5-6* Crystal? It's just as likely as getting any other champ...

You can disagree all u want, but the game has around 170 champs. That means u have less than a 1% chance of pulling a specific champ. How is that not difficult?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    jacboon said:

Neotwism said:

You disagree that it's difficult to dupe 6*s bc you have some duped 5*s? Perfect logic there.

If you don't see the problem with a bunch of easy free 6* Namor dupes going out there you're either pretty thick or just want to make it sound like it's not a big deal in hopes of keeping the one you got
  • jacboonjacboon Posts: 39 โ˜…

jacboon said:

Neotwism said:

You disagree that it's difficult to dupe 6*s bc you have some duped 5*s? Perfect logic there.

If you don't see the problem with a bunch of easy free 6* Namor dupes going out there you're either pretty thick or just want to make it sound like it's not a big deal in hopes of keeping the one you got
    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I must be an imbecile then - I didn't have either of them in the first place.

Tbh I really couldn't care less if somebody gets something in game that I don't have. Like I said, rng in its purest form means that every champ has an equal chance to proc from a crystal, I don't care what the odfs of getting a specific champ are, because there's an equal chance to get *any* champ.
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 215 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    As long as they handle it properly I don't see it as an issue. But if someone is using a R5 S200 Namor in AW/AQ and all of a sudden he is unduped, I think they are going to be pretty pissed. Also think if people have ranked up their Namor/Cull on the basis of being duped, they should have all the rank up materials refunded again, and with no downtime without the Champion.

So basically, if they are pulling them back they better make sure:

A. They communicate exactly WHEN they will remove the dupe so people know not to use them in AW/AQ during that time.
    B. They refund ALL MATERIALS used to rank and/or sig up the champion as people may have ranked Champions based on them being duped and would not have ranked them up unduped.
    C. Make sure all rank up resources and sig stones are returned IMMEDIATELY when the dupe is removed so that there is no further downtime without these resources, which would essentially be punishing the players for ranking up a champion they had no way of knowing was issued to them in error.

There has been no in game communication on this subject, and it is unfair to assume everyone would read the forums, or wait on any rank up decisions to determine whether these resources were granted in error.

Bottom line is Kabam should be a little more careful and do some testing before sending out a package like this to players. Feel like they need to either cut their losses on this, or if they are reversing it and it has further impact on players, significant compensation would be warranted.

Am I happy that some people got free 6* Namors and I was not one of them? No.

Do I think there is a reasonable fix that can be implemented without being more trouble than it's worth? Again, No.

There is no good solution here, or at least not one I feel confident Kabam will be able to successfully and fairly implement in a short period of time.

• UrbantrollUrbantroll Posts: 6 โ˜…
    Total newb question. To receive compensation for my 5star Cull and Namor rank 4's I needed to sell them?

I've only been playing since last Augu6and the process is new to me.
  • Doug4theWinDoug4theWin Posts: 196 โ˜…โ˜…
    I don't feel bad for anyone who didn't actually sell their champs during the window. But it's a massive disincentive for players if Kabam opts to take back what was already delivered to players who did. There's no "fair" in play here, but such action would not encourage anyone to continue playing or pumping money into MCOC.
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    edited March 2020
    i don't sold my unduped Cull 6*, if i knew about that, i would sell it for get DUPED version... Now i will see if they will do their job. Some got 6x more than they should.... If complicated for kabam to delete their mistake, they should send to ALL who have NOT sold their 5/6* version of CULL/Namor a same version of NAMOR/CULL for make it more fair and balanced !
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 215 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Neotwism said:

Treinin said:

As long as they handle it properly I don't see it as an issue. But if someone is using a R5 S200 Namor in AW/AQ and all of a sudden he is unduped, I think they are going to be pretty pissed. Also think if people have ranked up their Namor/Cull on the basis of being duped, they should have all the rank up materials refunded again, and with no downtime without the Champion.

So basically, if they are pulling them back they better make sure:

A. They communicate exactly WHEN they will remove the dupe so people know not to use them in AW/AQ during that time.
    B. They refund ALL MATERIALS used to rank and/or sig up the champion as people may have ranked Champions based on them being duped and would not have ranked them up unduped.
    C. Make sure all rank up resources and sig stones are returned IMMEDIATELY when the dupe is removed so that there is no further downtime without these resources, which would essentially be punishing the players for ranking up a champion they had no way of knowing was issued to them in error.

There has been no in game communication on this subject, and it is unfair to assume everyone would read the forums, or wait on any rank up decisions to determine whether these resources were granted in error.

Bottom line is Kabam should be a little more careful and do some testing before sending out a package like this to players. Feel like they need to either cut their losses on this, or if they are reversing it and it has further impact on players, significant compensation would be warranted.

Am I happy that some people got free 6* Namors and I was not one of them? No.

Do I think there is a reasonable fix that can be implemented without being more trouble than it's worth? Again, No.

There is no good solution here, or at least not one I feel confident Kabam will be able to successfully and fairly implement in a short period of time.

If a player had an unawakened champ and got it back awakened they knew something wasn't right. Don't even tell me ppl didn't know. Everyone who plays this game knew the champs they were selling and what they were getting in return. There was in-game messages and forum threads discussing it. It's not all Kabams fault if ppl ranked them up and now play dumb and say they didn't know it was awakened.

If someone pulled Namor a long time ago, awakened them and put 200 sigs in (which is a common thing to do), do you really think they remember for sure if they ever pulled a dupe of that champion? I don't know about you, but I honestly don't remember all my pulls except for the rare god tier new champ / first dupe, but a max sig pull isn't something that sticks in my memory.

I think there could be cases where someone was not sure if they were meant to get 2 back, and they may have ranked up the champion thinking the dupe was intended.

With the 6* you are probably right, everyone knows what 6*s they pull because they are so few and far between.

• OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Issue : 2015 rankup gems, ppl ranked up new champs, dont care
    Issue: senry was given in place of void, ppl kept both, dont care
    Issue: ppl got 2 cull/namor, dont care. Just let them keep it.
    If not, fix all the issues. Dont be biased.

I totally agree, if they fix all the mistakes that were made I will be happy with them taking back my champs. The is the best comment so far. @Kabam Miike

I don't feel bad for anyone who didn't actually sell their champs during the window. But it's a massive disincentive for players if Kabam opts to take back what was already delivered to players who did. There's no "fair" in play here, but such action would not encourage anyone to continue playing or pumping money into MCOC.

Of course it's the 'fair' thing to do. You do realise the problem is greater than people getting extra dupes?

For reference, Seatin got back additional dupes on his 6* Namor, but as a direct result he was not returned the generic 6* sig stones that he'd invested in him. The only reason he sold the Namor was to get back these stones to put into this 6* Surfer or Sunspot.

There's a wider issue here than people like you worrying about 'losing out' on dupes you never had. Instead of making vague, empty threats about quitting, maybe take a bit of time to objectively consider what is and isn't 'fair'.
  • Deacon03Deacon03 Posts: 235 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    @Kabam Miike what will happen to those who possibly received an extra namor/cull and already full ranked up and used sig stones on their champ?
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,139 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    edited March 2020
    I remember the original post where they outlined their re-balancing plan and subsequent Namor and Cull sell back and thinking "This is going to be such a cluster *insert appropriate word here*". I decided to trust Kabam and sell back both champs, put off doing content my then r5 sig 130 Namor would have helped alot with (Act 6 Electros, Korgs and Dormamus)... and now here we are.... I have a Namor I don't know if I can use anymore or for how long because he's going to be yanked again for God knows how long, and I'm hesitant if the next go around will be right... I also don't think I got enough ressources back for ISO to take him all the way back up to r5 but I didn't even bother looking into that close enough.

This whole re-balance run has been a colossal failure in my opinion. I doubt they'll go away from doing it again, but I hope it's nowhere near this much of a dumpsrer fire next time...

Kabam, you screwed, you caught the mistake and stopped the bleeding... Cut your losses, leave what you did in place and move on. Apologize for everyone for the screw up, and spend your time investigating all the claims that people got less ressources (ISO, gold, cats/wrong cats) instead of trying to work back again and address the double champ issue. People getting shorted on ressources is more of an actual negative to the players, than some making out better on the free dups (people want their Namors for EQ's and story quests mostly, which really only affects your ability to clean out ressource pools, more than affecting people in AW).

As
    Chovner said:

I remember the original post where they outlined their re-balancing plan and subsequent Namor and Cull sell back and thinking "This is going to be such a cluster *insert appropriate word here*". I decided to trust Kabam and sell back both champs, put off doing content my then r5 sig 130 Namor would have helped alot with (Act 6 Electros, Korgs and Dormamus)... and now here we are.... I have a Namor I don't know if I can use anymore or for how long because he's going to be yanked again for God knows how long, and I'm hesitant if the next go around will be right... I also don't think I got enough ressources back for ISO to take him all the way back up to r5 but I didn't even bother looking into that close enough.

This whole re-balance run has been a colossal failure in my opinion. I doubt they'll go away from doing it again, but I hope it's nowhere near this much of a dumpsrer fire next time...

Kabam, you screwed, you caught the mistake and stopped the bleeding... Cut your losses, leave what you did in place and move on. Apologize for everyone for the screw up, and spend your time investigating all the claims that people got less ressources (ISO, gold, cats/wrong cats) instead of trying to work back again and address the double champ issue. People getting shorted on ressources is more of an actual negative to the players, than some making out better on the free dups (people want their Namors for EQ's and story quests mostly, which really only affects your ability to clean out ressource pools, more than affecting people in AW).

As already mentioned, people received extra dupes is part of the wider problem. Some people received fewer sig stones than they should have as a result of receiving these erroneous dupes. Particularly frustrating for those who wished to divert sigs into other champs. As such, players receiving extra dupes also falls into the category of 'people getting shorted on resources'.

In order to account for every case of players receiving fewer resources than they should have, you can see why Kabam needs to look into (and rectify) the core issue of players receiving too many dupes.

So stop looking for thin excuses to justify why you should keep erroneous dupes and awakenings that you never had :)

As

Chovner said:

As already mentioned, people received extra dupes is part of the wider problem. Some people received fewer sig stones than they should have as a result of receiving these erroneous dupes. Particularly frustrating for those who wished to divert sigs into other champs. As such, players receiving extra dupes also falls into the category of 'people getting shorted on resources'.

In order to account for every case of players receiving fewer resources than they should have, you can see why Kabam needs to look into (and rectify) the core issue of players receiving too many dupes.

So stop looking for thin excuses to justify why you should keep erroneous dupes and awakenings that you never had :)
    I just want to use my Namor to get through these quests I've been putting off because of all the unknowns already. I want to 100% Act 6, and a big part of doing that without spending (what I'm estimating at) a **** load of units on revives and pots, is using Namor who I was VERY excited to pull back in early December.... which led to frustrating from mid December until now because of all the waiting on what's happening to Namor, to waiting to see how the changes affect Namor, to waiting to get back a sold Namor, to now waiting to rank him back up because we don't know if he's going to be yanked randomly.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Got to say - I noticed immediately my unduped 5* cull was now duped (it showed Cullx2) and informed by alliance mates not to rank up anything cuz it was a clear error. Initially i thought kabam was just being nice, but then reality quickly settled in :D .

If they take back the resources we should really get some "inconvenience" compensation eg a 5* crystal or two, units whatever.

I'd also hope it wouldn't take another month (as it would mean 2 overall) and that it's tested properly with some dummy accounts before being done ie test removing the mistakenly awarded resources and test putting back the correct ones using dummy accounts...
    Chovner said:

As

Chovner said:

I just want to use my Namor to get through these quests I've been putting off because of all the unknowns already. I want to 100% Act 6, and a big part of doing that without spending (what I'm estimating at) a **** load of units on revives and pots, is using Namor who I was VERY excited to pull back in early December.... which led to frustrating from mid December until now because of all the waiting on what's happening to Namor, to waiting to see how the changes affect Namor, to waiting to get back a sold Namor, to now waiting to rank him back up because we don't know if he's going to be yanked randomly.
    That's all good, but not really pertinent to my response.

You want Kabam to make things right for people who were shorted on resources. That's great, so do I.

Doing so requires them to fix the issue of extra dupes and erroneous awakenings. I hope you realise that now.

Chovner said:

As

Chovner said:

You want Kabam to make things right for people who were shorted on resources. That's great, so do I.

Doing so requires them to fix the issue of extra dupes and erroneous awakenings. I hope you realise that now.
    I do understand that to be 100% fair to everyone they should take back everything they did yesterday and do it properly yes.... I just don't have confidence that they can, and more importanly how long are they going to take still to try and take a second stab at this when I'm fairly confident that they'll screw it up again. The whole time everyone's just waiting here with Act 6.4 coming out tomorrow, and the rest of Act 6 still sitting there....

I wonder how much of a delay this whole issue is going to build into their road map schedule for things like the Hulkbuster Beta and re-work... I'm thinking stuff like that will see a delay now?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Chovner said:

Chovner said:

As

Chovner said:

I do understand that to be 100% fair to everyone they should take back everything they did yesterday and do it properly yes.... I just don't have confidence that they can, and more importanly how long are they going to take still to try and take a second stab at this when I'm fairly confident that they'll screw it up again. The whole time everyone's just waiting here with Act 6.4 coming out tomorrow, and the rest of Act 6 still sitting there....

I wonder how much of a delay this whole issue is going to build into their road map schedule for things like the Hulkbuster Beta and re-work... I'm thinking stuff like that will see a delay now?
    To be fair, you guys chose to sell them for whatever reason. I'd have never sold a champ I actually needed just with the hope of moving some resources around so that's on you really.

I sold both 5*s as I had zero use for them so I didn't care how long it took. Could I have moved some generic sigs around from my R3 6*? Absolutely, but it wasnt worth it in all honesty so I don't have this current issue
  • Oswaldo72383Oswaldo72383 Posts: 249 โ˜…
    It seems like the iso was short... I ran out before I was able to rank a toon from 4 to 5 and namor back to rank 4.
This discussion has been closed.