**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Namor and Cull obsidian resources Status

Comments

• EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Wj_tanner said:

So they are taking away the 5 & 6 stars dups but not the 3 & 4*. I believe that is what they are saying here? How is that fair? I realize 3&4* don’t have as large of an impact but those need to be removed too. Fair is fair right? Why do some get free dups when not everyone does.

So when was this message sent? I didn’t receive it.
  • BigmanpriceBigmanprice Posts: 4

If I read correctly, most of the people want to keep the dupe Namor, that they did not have before, because it's Kabam mistake.
    So, in the future, if Kabam make a mistake that is not good for you, like forgetting to give you your war or SA rewards, for example, it would be ok???
    Come on, you had an unduped Namor, you get back an unduped one.

If the bank deposit $1000 by mistake, it's fine, you can spend it, it'S not your fault, it's their mistake.

'nuff said.

Nice try but it’s nothing like a bank error. Stealing from the bank has always been illegal. In this case it’s not a bank it’s a game where mistakes like this were left alone in the past. As far as AQ rewards I didn’t complain when people were receiving double rewards and I wasn’t compensated for that.

• TreininTreinin Posts: 208 ★★★

Wj_tanner said:

So they are taking away the 5 & 6 stars dups but not the 3 & 4*. I believe that is what they are saying here? How is that fair? I realize 3&4* don’t have as large of an impact but those need to be removed too. Fair is fair right? Why do some get free dups when not everyone does.

I didn't receive it either. I assume it may have only been sent to those affected by issue. Maybe someone at Kabam can clarify.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    Kabam would have did better by giving out rank down tickets, but the company and you players made such a big deal about the tickets. Y'all put rank down tickets on a pedestal, to the point Kabam never wants to give them out!!

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Kabam would have did better by giving out rank down tickets, but the company and you players made such a big deal about the tickets. Y'all put rank down tickets on a pedestal, to the point Kabam never wants to give them out!!

Has more to do with them wanting to give people the ability to get sig stones and AGs back as well than them not wanting to give RDTs. They tried to do something far more player positive. They just royally botched it
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 731 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    So i saw people already ask this but didnt see a response, what if you received an extra dupe and ranked them because they were awakened? Will there be RTDs or a re-selling period to get back resources (cats, gold and/or Sig stones)?

I think you have completely missed the plot on why rank down tickets were not used. It is not because the players have made RDTs out to be something amazing. Quite the contrary - we made it clear that a RDT does not do enough if they re-balance a champion from what we were originally sold. People use generic awakening gems and a ton of sig stones in these champions. Bringing them back down to rank 1 and getting rank up materials back just to leave yourself a sig 200 rank 1 champ does nothing.

Even with the selling of the champs it doesn't really compensate the people who may have invested literally thousands of dollars to buy cavalier crystals to dupe these champions multiple times, but it is a far cry better than RDTs.

It was a great idea, just a shame that they did not manage to implement it correctly.

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Neotwism said:

Repto23 said:

So i saw people already ask this but didnt see a response, what if you received an extra dupe and ranked them because they were awakened? Will there be RTDs or a re-selling period to get back resources (cats, gold and/or Sig stones)?

U knew u weren't supposed to get an awakened champ back. You went ahead and put resources in them knowing it was more than u should have received. If they don't let u rank them back down it's on you for ranking them up knowing it wasn't right.
    It’s so hard to take you serious with your constant Drabble. Switching between U, u and you. Anyways, anytime you point a finger at someone, there are 58 more pointing back at you. I’m sure you’ve made your point that it’s everyone else’s fault. So everyone should go without these champs for even longer, also never doing anything to them. Yup sounds legit.

And no I didn’t get a duped 6* namor back. I didn’t sell. Didn’t sell my 6* cull either.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Repto23 said:

@Neotwism Thanks for your input but as you dont actually have the authority to answer my question id appreciate you keeping your opinions to yourself

I don't know if u noticed but this is a public forum where everyone can comment and give their opinions. What kind of authority does one need to possess in order to answer your questions?
    Neotwism said:

Repto23 said:

U knew u weren't supposed to get an awakened champ back. You went ahead and put resources in them knowing it was more than u should have received. If they don't let u rank them back down it's on you for ranking them up knowing it wasn't right.
    No harm in asking for clarification. Though at this point it is clear we need to wait for the great unveiling of the plan.

That said we shouldn't jump to conclusions on what people did or did not know when making their decisions. Only Repto23 knows what Repto23 knows.

Kabam may decide to use a blanket solution and take the position that people "knew" that they weren't meant to receive a dupe, but that would be an assumption, and it may not hold true in all cases. I think people would have legitimate reason to complain about any such solution.

Jaded said:

Neotwism said:

Repto23 said:

It’s so hard to take you serious with your constant Drabble. Switching between U, u and you. Anyways, anytime you point a finger at someone, there are 58 more pointing back at you. I’m sure you’ve made your point that it’s everyone else’s fault. So everyone should go without these champs for even longer, also never doing anything to them. Yup sounds legit.

And no I didn’t get a duped 6* namor back. I didn’t sell. Didn’t sell my 6* cull either.
    I apologize if shorthand confuses you. Unlike you I did sell my champ and didn't get the right resources back in return. I knew right off the bat it wasn't correct so I waited to rank the champ. I first came to the forum and discovered several ppl dealing with the same sort of problems.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

Jaded said:

Neotwism said:

Repto23 said:

I apologize if shorthand confuses you. Unlike you I did sell my champ and didn't get the right resources back in return. I knew right off the bat it wasn't correct so I waited to rank the champ. I first came to the forum and discovered several ppl dealing with the same sort of problems.
    That’s not shorthand, that is uneducated. Also, try to focus on yourself and what you need in your game. You are speaking and blaming others but know nothing of them.

Furthermore to keep it on topic. I also was shorted resources on my 5* namor I sold. I didn’t get back my t3cc mutant. I’m furious about this situation having him sitting at r1. I’m so mad!!! Loud noises!!! And lamps.
  • DOCTOR_d00bDOCTOR_d00b Posts: 9

Wj_tanner said:

We should all get 3*/4* dupped namor and cull then since its not fair for everyone else who didn't sell there unduped namor and cull since the ones who did get to keep them.
  • 19WeasEl7819WeasEl78 Posts: 2
    Everybody should at least get back what they used to rank up the champs originally, but the precedent has been set to let players keep the benefits of Kabam’s mistakes. For example, the Featured 5* Crystal in the 4th of July deal two years ago had champs other than the ones listed in the description. Kabam let people keep the incorrect champs and then gave them the correct crystal. The people that didn’t buy the “wrong” crystal, or that bought the crystal after it was fixed, weren’t given any compensatory crystal as an apology since the incorrect crystal didn’t affect them. Likewise the people that didn’t sell their Cull/Namor shouldn’t bellyache if additional refunds were given by mistake. We should be able to consider the “extra” refunded materials as compensation for the champs being nerfed and not being able to use the champs for a month costing us arena points and general usage in content.

Everybody should at least get back what they used to rank up the champs originally, but the precedent has been set to let players keep the benefits of Kabam’s mistakes. For example, the Featured 5* Crystal in the 4th of July deal two years ago had champs other than the ones listed in the description. Kabam let people keep the incorrect champs and then gave them the correct crystal. The people that didn’t buy the “wrong” crystal, or that bought the crystal after it was fixed, weren’t given any compensatory crystal as an apology since the incorrect crystal didn’t affect them. Likewise the people that didn’t sell their Cull/Namor shouldn’t bellyache if additional refunds were given by mistake. We should be able to consider the “extra” refunded materials as compensation for the champs being nerfed and not being able to use the champs for a month costing us arena points and general usage in content.

This is not quite true... in the July 4th case they actually did award both crystals to anyone who purchased the deal, even after the correct crystal was put back in.

However, if you go even further back there is still precedent for players benefiting from Kabam mistakes while others do not... when they released the Void featured crystals they accidentally put Sentry in instead of Void. Anyone who pulled Sentry was allowed to keep Sentry and was also given Void.

They ~should~ have removed all of the Sentrys and replaced with Void, but they chose to allow the players to have a free 5* champ (more valuable then than now). The only difference between the two situations, really, is that Sentry sucks and Namor rules. They obviously see that all these duped Namors out there will cost them $$$ in items people won't have to spend as much to clear content, whereas they knew Sentry was designed to make people spend money (to top off his health) so they were happy to let them keep him.

• OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Treinin said:

This is not quite true... in the July 4th case they actually did award both crystals to anyone who purchased the deal, even after the correct crystal was put back in.

However, if you go even further back there is still precedent for players benefiting from Kabam mistakes while others do not... when they released the Void featured crystals they accidentally put Sentry in instead of Void. Anyone who pulled Sentry was allowed to keep Sentry and was also given Void.

They ~should~ have removed all of the Sentrys and replaced with Void, but they chose to allow the players to have a free 5* champ (more valuable then than now). The only difference between the two situations, really, is that Sentry sucks and Namor rules. They obviously see that all these duped Namors out there will cost them $$$ in items people won't have to spend as much to clear content, whereas they knew Sentry was designed to make people spend money (to top off his health) so they were happy to let them keep him.

People don’t really seem to get the crux of the issue here, so I’m just going to reiterate what I posted earlier:

• xXkuyxXxXkuyxX Posts: 41
    I sold my 5* Cull duped and that's exactly what I got back!!
  • 19WeasEl7819WeasEl78 Posts: 2
    edited March 2020

That's not the only way to balance it. Unfortunately, we're likely going to be removing the Extra Dupes that you weren't meant to receive.

Miike,
    Just leave it alone and walk away while there is still some semblance of a game remaining. The duped seem like adequate compensation for the nerfs to the champs and for being without them for a month.
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited March 2020

That's not the only way to balance it. Unfortunately, we're likely going to be removing the Extra Dupes that you weren't meant to receive.
    "Miike,
    Just leave it alone and walk away while there is still some semblance of a game remaining. The duped seem like adequate compensation for the nerfs to the champs and for being without them for a month."

However they weren't really nerfs
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    If it was meant as Compensation, everyone would have gotten the extra. Not some.
  • MokkieMokkie Posts: 95
    Ok, we know kabam made a mistake by giving those who sold the mentioned champs dups. Now what I want to know is, if I rank my 5* Namor to 5 now and max sig 200. Then in the next 5 min pulls a 5* namor. What happens when kabam decides to take the “dup” namor back in the future? Will my namor remains dup?
    I would hold off ranking them up right now if possible. We should hear something in the next few days about what they intend to do about it.
  • MokkieMokkie Posts: 95
    Unfortunately I’ve ranked mine plus most of my alliance members have as well.
  • ShaaneneganShaanenegan Posts: 112

If it was meant as Compensation, everyone would have gotten the extra. Not some.

Everyone didn't sell.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

Everyone didn't sell.
    But everyone was affected by the tuned-down abilities as a result of the rebalance. If you're expecting compensation, you can't expect that compensation to only come to people who refunded their champs, as the fundamental changes to those champs affect everyone who owned or will own said champs.
This discussion has been closed.