**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Whats going on with Green Goblin in the Abyss?

CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
GG’s Abyssal enhancement reads “Strikinging Green Goblin with a critical hit reduces his opponents’s attack rating by .9% for that attack.”

Critical hits appear to reduce attack by much more than .9% as there is a noticeable drop in damage when striking him with a Crit as opposed to a regular hit. You would think that a .9% attack reduction would not equate to less damage on critical hits when compared to non critical hits.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I think it's the "for that attack" part that means it applies to the Crit.
    Could be wrong. That's what I see.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

I do not follow how that applies to what I am seeing. In the pics, a heavy does 4115 and a critical heavy does 3283. Even if a critical hit didn’t have a damage modifier on its own (which increases the damage by >200%) taking .9% from 4115 would make the hit deal 4078 not 3283.

Fyi a normal crit heavy under similar conditions is ~10k.

I do not follow how that applies to what I am seeing. In the pics, a heavy does 4115 and a critical heavy does 3283. Even if a critical hit didn’t have a damage modifier on its own (which increases the damage by >200%) taking .9% from 4115 would make the hit deal 4078 not 3283.

Fyi a normal crit heavy under similar conditions is ~10k.

I get that. I thought you were asking why it's applying to the Crit, not the amount. It's definitely more than .9%.

Looks like it might be supposed to state a 90% attack reduction for that attack. Something along those lines. Most certainly a typo, similar to what happened on the power shield node.

There is also the option that the functioning value is wrong, the other mechanics in play are impacting the interaction, and/or other possibilities.
    It's taking about 20% off in the pictures shown. Something is not adding up.
    What's Akarus' Attack Rating?
    edited March 2020
    Like for instance Doom who has a similar crit damage modifier to Aarkus (+ ~10%) but a smaller armor break who does more crit damage than regular hits.

It says his Attack Rating. So what is Vision's Attack Rating that you have, and what's .9% of that? That's where my mind is going.

Like for instance Doom who has a similar crit damage modifier to Aarkus (+ ~10%) but a smaller armor break who does more crit damage than regular hits.

I'm just going off of the data provided by auntm.ai here, but hear me out.

Aarkus has a crit damage multiplier of ~180%, while doom has a crit damage multiplier of ~188%.

Both of them most likely get their attack rating reduced equally, which looks like it's by about 70-80%, judging from how much damage their crit should actually do in those screenshots, without that fancy abyss ability that is.

So according to that it seems correct that doom's crit does slightly more damage than his non-crit and aarkus' crit does slightly less damage than his non-crit.
    I don’t follow. Aarkus has a .8 times difference in damage when Doom has a 1.13 times difference. That a difference of .33 not .08 (the difference in crit damage rating). You’d expect Doom to do .88 not .33 more damage.

I'm just going off of the data provided by auntm.ai here, but hear me out.

Aarkus has a crit damage multiplier of ~180%, while doom has a crit damage multiplier of ~188%.

Both of them most likely get their attack rating reduced equally, which looks like it's by about 70-80%, judging from how much damage their crit should actually do in those screenshots, without that fancy abyss ability that is.

So according to that it seems correct that doom's crit does slightly more damage than his non-crit and aarkus' crit does slightly less damage than his non-crit.
    I don’t follow. Aarkus has a .8 times difference in damage when Doom has a 1.13 times difference. That a difference of .33 not .08 (the difference in crit damage rating). You’d expect Doom to do .88 not .33 more damage.
    Generally I'd mainly expect doom's crits to be higher in relation to his non crits than aarkus crits are.

The rest is again influenced by factors like the armor break/shatter potency and their interaction with physical resistance, which as far as I know is still somewhat weird when talking critical hits.
    Yes ~8% higher.

There is no documented phys resist in play.
    edited March 2020

It says his Attack Rating. So what is Vision's Attack Rating that you have, and what's .9% of that? That's where my mind is going.

The unmodified attack rating of a 5/65 vision aarkus (no masteries etc.) is 2301.

0,9% of 2301 would be ~20,7. Which makes no sense and leads us nowhere.

As I said, it's most likely a typo similar to the typo on the power shield node. The value for that was correct, but the text wasn't.

Since that ability clearly aims at making critical hits weaker it's safe to assume that it generally does what it's supposed to do. They should check it and correct the typo, though, so that people can at least comprehend what exactly is happening in that fight.
    What's a Crit on 2280 Attack Rating?
    *with
    I'm just eliminating possibilities by looking at angles is all.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    How well does Aarkus perform in Abyss besides this?

The unmodified attack rating of a 5/65 vision aarkus (no masteries etc.) is 2301.

0,9% of 2301 would be ~20,7. Which makes no sense and leads us nowhere.

As I said, it's most likely a typo similar to the typo on the power shield node. The value for that was correct, but the text wasn't.

Since that ability clearly aims at making critical hits weaker it's safe to assume that it generally does what it's supposed to do. They should check it and correct the typo, though, so that people can at least comprehend what exactly is happening in that fight.
    What's a Crit on 2280 Attack Rating?
    Unmodified attack rating vision 5/65 aarkus: 2301

Factoring in a 0,9% attack decrease: 2280,291

Applying aarkus' crit multiplier of 180,1% to that results in a unmodified crit damage of ~6407,62

Nothing of those values has anything to do with what's shown in any of the screenshots.
    What I was considering is whether it was reducing his Attack Rating by X number (in this case .9 % which may or may not be a typo), and he was hitting with a Crit based on what was left.
    Is it possible it's supposed to be 9%?
    I'm not looking for an argument. I'm just trying to deduce possibilities. I'll wait for clarification.
    1) it’s all recorded, too much footage to upload.
    2) Doom has +6% from Mr f and 10% from Aarkus being down. Aarrkus has +6% from Mr f and +40% from class advantage.
    3) it appears that critical damage doesn’t gain the same same increase in damage from armor breaks as regular hits.

I’ll post some numbers in a bit.