**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Its getting way too hard to dupe 5 star champs

Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
I have like 40 or so 5 stars now and only 3 are duped.. Magik (used gem) gambit (have gotten him at least 3 times now) and agent venom.. Ita good that you have new champs to keep the old players happy and its good that they have the rosters to get them and dupe them in arenas! But most of us cant do either of those things..its frustrating enough that I have to grind some weeks for a Karnak or groot or vulture but it's even worse when I can't even dupe them..please kabam make some way to dupe champs more frequently or make more champs that dont require a dupe to be useful.. I hear old players talking about having to wait a certain day of the week to dupe champs I believe that was Thursday I think.. Some folks probably hated that but id kill for it at this point..6 stars are becoming the norm and duping a champ 1 out of 15 times or so is Definately not getting me any closer to one

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    It seems easy to me but usually it’s just the same dupe
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    It is way to hard to pull any fives! They are putting more shards in the game...but i still believe the number of shards to build a 5 star should be dropped. 10,000 shards is too much! In fact a number of items, not just the 5 star crystals, need the number of shards required to complete them reduced.
  • nfernonferno Posts: 64
    I remember being pissed when I had less than 10 5 stars and duped my Loki a 3rd time. I have just about 60 now, with a little over 10 duped. I’m happy to dupe when I can but prefer an ever expanding roster
    edited March 2020
    Yeah! or classic Capt America or Ironman? I finally understand the demand for rank down tickets. It takes so much stuff to rank these guys that if they aren't the shiznits who wants to work to collect the stuff for them? I don't rank any unduped 5s past r2. With 114 still out there i have zero intention of raising more than a handful of the best.
    And as far as disagreeing with the reductions in shards??? I am just curious?? You like grinding your butt off for every thing a few pieces at a time??? Masochists is the word that pops to mind.
    How about you explain why you don't want shards reduced? And it is just too great a time investment to aquire the champ and the items to rank them to rank guys like Iron patriot, and war machine...and what 99 others no one plays anymore? 5 stars are too labor and item intesive to rank just for arena fodder.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Good thing they’re making 5* AGs a lot more common then.

Also, what they said. When you get more champs it’ll become a lot easier. It’s rare nowadays when I don’t dupe a 5*. My Iron Patriot and both Cyclops are all near sig 200 without the aid of signature stones.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    I think I have around 50 5*s and all I get are duppes. I desperately want nee champ of any rarity, especially Claire, but I don't get new champs at all. Believe me op, both extremes are terrible
    At this point i am just under 50 5s. I build and crack and the go through disappointment, denial, and then i shake it off and think, "oh well, maybe next time". And as of right now I doubt I will raise many 5s past r3. I just do not see why they have made it so hard to collect 100 plus arena fodder champs to get to a handful of usable champs. If the items to rank were not so challenging to aquire and not so time consuming to aquire i could see raising Capt America to finish off a squad...but not with the current state of things. Six t4 and five t4c a piece up to r3 and the t2 alphas??? Too long to get them to use them on just any champ that cracks out of a crystal. One or the other should be easier to obtain! Either the champs should be easier to get or the stuff to raise them should be easier to get. Currently both remain difficult and rare and that is killing many uncollected players desire to play. And what is most confusing is why??? Even if these things were more readily available it would not hirt thier bottom line...cause soenders are gonna spend...especially to stay ahead of everyone else!
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Keep plugging away. You'll start to see the dividends pay off as you pull more 2, 3, &4* champs and get them to max signature level.
    Those shards start rolling up fast and you'll get to a point where you're roster is stacked and there are only a small handful of specific champs you need, that you can't pull.

Just stay diligent and persistent my friend, your day will come.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    This is a game built around time investment more than anything. There was a time when we were grumbling that we couldn’t dupe our 4* champs, but now 4* fall like leaves. I only spin them because I like to guess what I’m getting.

Once you’ve got most 4*, every 4* is an extra 275 5* with a few max sig here and there. If you’re playing higher tier AW you’re getting another 500+ or so 5* for a win + season rewards. Then when you’re here you’re getting a 5* every week + a nice monthly windfall from MEQ, new content and season rewards.

The duped will come, you just have to be patient. Try to avoid making rash rank up decisions (R4+).
    edited March 2020
    Bud i am there already! So that's kinda bs! I have a 895k overall rating. My 2's are all max signature, almost all of my three's are max signature. I get a double helping of shards from every 2 and nearly every three and now on many of my duped fours and it hasn't sped up production of fives all that noticeably! I have all but 14 champs on the 4 star roster, i cannot open a new 4 only dupes! It's all the "special extra...(or is it the extra special) side events that are making a difference. But at this point i am not looking for more maps and more extra special events to grind through! And all those shards haven't resulted in dupes...
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    basics are now getting shite for me
    edited March 2020
    And the real test is player retention. Based on what i see in war and in my alliance MCOC is losing the interest of players. We have to track down people to setup for war, track em down to move in aq. Adults! And those and some questing are all the game they play and barely! Really only kabam can asnwer that question! Is the community growing? Shrinking? Staying the same? From this space it seems to be shrinking...so few decenting voices left, all run off by bulling shills. Drawn off by other games like call of duty...lets run another 100,000,000 likes facebook challenge and see what happens??
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    Rap said:

It is way to hard to pull any fives! They are putting more shards in the game...but i still believe the number of shards to build a 5 star should be dropped. 10,000 shards is too much! In fact a number of items, not just the 5 star crystals, need the number of shards required to complete them reduced.

Honestly, if you say that, you can't be in a state, where you have a lot of 5*.

I, myself, do not have that many 5* (only 32) but I get them at quite a fast rate, sometimes even for barely doing something.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    To dupe one specific champ, yes it's extremely hard. To dupe any 5* is pretty easy now.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    You don’t target to dupe any particular champ, because statistically it may never happen. Just be glad that you pulled one at all, and hope there are more AG deals or quest reward AG’s coming up. Then you have only a 1/6 chance unless it’s generic, haha. This game is king of RNG frustration.
    edited March 2020
    I did say just under 50. I got 46 and regardless that does not change facts. The longer it takes to build a 5 star crystal the fewer opportunities there are to dupe or pull someone new. I am the crystal cracking king bro! I have just finished opening every last phc you can collect in the 3 and both 4 star arenas! I use all my units to buy grandmaster crystals...and i run master, and as deep and as much as i can of uncollected without depleating my supply locker and i am averaging 2 5s a month. Not enough. Most of the crysyals i open don't even tweak up my ratings. Just drop supplies and shards...so the only way i have of pulling new champs or to improve my rating is it to pull fives and more of em...and it ain't happening. Even more 4s maybe would help but they remain rare in crystals so ya gotta win or build them too! We can't all be in platinum alliances and collect 3 or four after every war...
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Rap said:

I did say just under 50. I got 46 and regardless that does not change facts. It longer it takes to build a 5 star crystal the few opportunities there are to dupe or pull someone new. I am the crystal cracking king bro! I have just finished opening every last phc you can collect in the 3 and both 4 star arenas! I use all my units to buy grandmaster crystals...and i run master, and as deep and as much as i can of uncollected without depleating my supply locker and i am averaging 2 5s a month. Not enough. Most of the crysyals i open don't even tweak up my ratings. Just drop supplies and shards...so the only way i have of pulling new champs it to pull fives...and it ain't happening enough!

Once you can 100% UC each month, continue to build your roster, and continue exploring story content, you'll get to a point where you'll be duping 5* left, right, and centre.

And as a side note, don't ever spend units on grandmaster crystals.
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Just do uncollected events and you'll start duping lots of your champs.
    edited March 2020
    I got nothin else to spend them on...energy...i finish every aq and war without boosts or restores and revives...i never have unit pop up offers for t4b or t5b or much of anything else anymore...you gotta use real $$$ for those, or so it seems, these days. Energy and Grandmasters, and i have 60 plus million in gold a completely stocked cat locker (except for t4b (0) and t5b (1) and t2a's (currently 8) or anything above that) and as i aquire those items i will be very very selective about who i use em on because, circling back, it takes too much time to aquire them to waste them on arena fodder...or even on a decent champ you may not dupe for years! And there doesn't seem to be many 5 star awakening gems in the game soooo...yeah...burnin out.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I think the current rate of crystal shards are just fine. I get at least once per month a 5* and I don't do high end content.

It used to be differently. I do think the monthly conqueror calendar should award some 5* shards.

Anyway, my dupes have been rare so far. I duped Taskmaster, Mordo and Ebony Maw. That's the case for a lot of players: the bigger your roster, the more dupes.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Rap said:

I got nothin else to spend them on...energy...i finish every aq and war without boosts or restores and revives...i never have unit pop up offers for t4b or t5b or much of anything else anymore...you gotta use real $$$ for those, or so it seems, these days. Energy and Grandmasters, and i have 60 plus million in gold a completely stocked cat locker (except for t4b (0) and t5b (1) and t2a's (currently 8) or anything above that) and as i aquire those items i will be very very selective about who i use em on because, circling back, it takes too much time to aquire them to waste them on arena fodder...or even on a decent champ you may not dupe for years! And there doesn't seem to be many 5 star awakening gems in the game soooo...yeah...burnin out.

Save them for seasonal unit offers
    edited March 2020
    Bud i am looking for something resembling an awakened synergized 5 star squad, i have 5 r4s now. I do rank 5s but not without reason and so far what you get finishing one months uncollected quest (because you find you have just the right champ for the boss that month) isn't a reason enough to rank my unawakened Ghost, wasp and (choke, cough, cough, choke) Antman to rank 4 or even rank 3! So i gamble on those crape crystals! And even if i wanted too i couldn't! Not enough ofnthe higher tier items!
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 649 ★★★
    Neither ghost nor wasp need their dupes, and antman can come along for the ride at r1.
  • MrbockbagokMrbockbagok Posts: 11
    Rap said:

If you aren’t 100% UC every month then you do have something to spend those units on. Use those units to complete UC, way better than wasting the units on anything else. Then you’ll need more units for energy possibly.