**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Iceman still a worthy champion to R5?

I am trying to decide between Iceman 5* or my 6* Havoc for act 6.2 and forward. Plus the variants. Iceman is getting a bit older so before I do I just need general opinions.

Comments

• SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Not really, unless you have no other options for what he offers. He’s not a bad option by any means, but there are others that should be considered first.
  • ParfanityParfanity Posts: 330
    SDP said:

Not really, unless you have no other options for what he offers. He’s not a bad option by any means, but there are others that should be considered first.

It would be nice to have a triple immune champion in my r5 roster. Here is my current line up.

• SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    You have my goddess, Claire who is triple immune. Also, I’d likely go with Emma rank 2 over 5/65 Iceman.
    Fabwizi said:

6* Emma would be best, her immunities and evade counter make her unique and she is a tank, think over it.

Evade counter? Only reason why I would go Iceman over Emma is special 3 defense. I'll think it over though. Waiting on more responses.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Parfanity said:

I am trying to decide between Iceman 5* or my 6* Havoc for act 6.2 and forward. Plus the variants. Iceman is getting a bit older so before I do I just need general opinions.

Is Iceman worthy of rank 5? Absolutely. But is he the best option? It depends on the content ahead of you, and the other options available. And maybe equally important, how well you play them. For example, someone above mentioned Emma. In my opinion Emma's immunities come with more strings than Iceman. Maybe you can deal with those, maybe not. But I personally would not use Emma as an Iceman replacement. Claire Voyant was also mentioned, and she has the same three immunities that Iceman has: Bleed, Poison, and Incinerate. But only one at a time. That's sometimes important, and sometimes less important. Claire has advantages over Iceman - she can heal, she can inflict debuffs - but she doesn't have Iceman's get out of SP3 card in his Ice Armor. She doesn't have the same answer to evade.

A lot of champs are actually good enough to take to rank 5/2. But it is hard to say which one will be better for you without knowing specifics. You have to see how all these factors apply to your own gameplay.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Iceman is fine at R4 imho. I’d do Havok if I were you. I have a R2 undupped Havok and a 4/55 Iceman.
    DNA3000 said:

Parfanity said:

Is Iceman worthy of rank 5? Absolutely. But is he the best option? It depends on the content ahead of you, and the other options available. And maybe equally important, how well you play them. For example, someone above mentioned Emma. In my opinion Emma's immunities come with more strings than Iceman. Maybe you can deal with those, maybe not. But I personally would not use Emma as an Iceman replacement. Claire Voyant was also mentioned, and she has the same three immunities that Iceman has: Bleed, Poison, and Incinerate. But only one at a time. That's sometimes important, and sometimes less important. Claire has advantages over Iceman - she can heal, she can inflict debuffs - but she doesn't have Iceman's get out of SP3 card in his Ice Armor. She doesn't have the same answer to evade.

A lot of champs are actually good enough to take to rank 5/2. But it is hard to say which one will be better for you without knowing specifics. You have to see how all these factors apply to your own gameplay.
    Thank you for the long thought out message it did shed some insight. I am leaning more Emma now due to the comments above, but you are right she is not a replacement. In my eyes Iceman sp3 defense is the most valuable aspect and very helpful. I have not tried 6.2 which is why I'm asking, who would be most beneficial from my roster above.

Iceman is fine at R4 imho. I’d do Havok if I were you. I have a R2 undupped Havok and a 4/55 Iceman.

My only gripe about Havok is his block proficiency, he seems to have very low armor.
    Fabwizi said:

6* Emma would be best, her immunities and evade counter make her unique and she is a tank, think over it.

Does Emma prevent opponents from going unblockable? I ask because I'm comparing her with Iceman currently in the Goldpool in Daily Gold arena and he goes unblockable on his sp1 against every champ except her.
    I also have a 5* Ghost sitting at r3. My alliance keeps telling me she is the best champ in the game.
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    Iceman at r4 is enough
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    Havok is more valuable for general act 6 and variants. At rank 2 his damage is savage
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    Parfanity said:

I also have a 5* Ghost sitting at r3. My alliance keeps telling me she is the best champ in the game.

Ghost literally changed the game for me. Mine sat at R3 for the longest time and I couldn't figure her out, but I finally awakened her with a Tech gem, ranked up to R4 (and quickly R5) and got suicides - I've been steamrolling content ever since
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    Do emma

Parfanity said:

Ghost literally changed the game for me. Mine sat at R3 for the longest time and I couldn't figure her out, but I finally awakened her with a Tech gem, ranked up to R4 (and quickly R5) and got suicides - I've been steamrolling content ever since
    Does she need to be awakened ? I guess I can r4 her ...
    issamaf80 said:

Do emma

I'm down to Emma, Ghost and Havok.
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Havok was my first 6 star r2 not too long ago, hes a monster. I have iceman and emma at r4 and think theyre great especially emma but a r2 havok is no joke. This was the first fight i did with him at rank 2/35 and hes been killing it for me ever since.

https://youtu.be/lpjxTDzwEuU

• GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Iceman is not good for endgame content. His damage is too weak.

Havok was my first 6 star r2 not too long ago, hes a monster. I have iceman and emma at r4 and think theyre great especially emma but a r2 havok is no joke. This was the first fight i did with him at rank 2/35 and hes been killing it for me ever since.

https://youtu.be/lpjxTDzwEuU

Wow very convincing looks like I'll have to work on r5ing Emma, Havok and Ghost! Thanks for the video. May go Havok first
  • YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★
    Parfanity said:

Parfanity said:

Parfanity said:

Parfanity said:

She doesn't need dupe, and if I were you I would've taken her to r5 as soon as possible. She really is no doubt one of the best champions in the game. All you need to do is practice with her.