**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 1 rewards compensation

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
Nice job buffing the act 1 rewards, but as somebody who has already done it it would be nice if we were given the rewards that new players would get, just for the novelty of opening a nexus crystals, also the units have gone up MASSIVLEY, something that I’ll never get.

Just seems a bit unfair to give new players rewards that anybody who has already done it can’t get. Surely we should be sent these items to keep the game ‘fair’ right?

Comments

• TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    Sorry for making this twice, no idea how
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Well, the two star crystal only has champs from before 2017 or something so....
    Also, the resources are pretty much useless
    edited March 2020
    UNITS FOR FREE
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I knew this was coming.
    Lol
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    The updated amount of units are crazy. I haven't completed the last chapter so I can still benefit a little bit but it would be nice to get the rewards from the first three.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    I knew this complaint was coming lol, there’s always someone
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Else just open it again, I'll do it again for the units as a f2p.
  • Else just open it again, I'll do it again for the units as a f2p.

The Units are not new. They've been moved from the Quest Rewards.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    TP33 said:

Nice job buffing the act 1 rewards, but as somebody who has already done it it would be nice if we were given the rewards that new players would get, just for the novelty of opening a nexus crystals, also the units have gone up MASSIVLEY, something that I’ll never get.

Just seems a bit unfair to give new players rewards that anybody who has already done it can’t get. Surely we should be sent these items to keep the game ‘fair’ right?

@TP33 How long have you been playing this game? Since release? 4 years? 3 years? 2 years? 1 year?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    TP33 said:

No.

I think it is a reasonable compromise to send people who recently (within the last 90 days) completed Act 1 the updated rewards. But past a certain point, no, I don't think everyone who has ever done something should be getting updated rewards for that thing every time the rewards are updated. The point to updating the rewards is to alter the leveling curve for the people doing that content now, as opposed to people who did it long ago. The leveling curve was different long ago, and we all got the rewards that were appropriate for that period of time at the time we did it.

There's always a trade off in a game like this, where people who start now get the benefit of having better rewards for the same content, while players who started long ago have the benefit of having way more stuff accumulated over time than anyone starting now. If long time players always got all of the adjusted benefits that new players got, newer players could never close the gap on veterans, and people wouldn't want to join a game where veteran players have such locked in benefits. Instead, veterans get the benefit of using their accumulated resources but those resources depreciate over time, so for them to continue to stay ahead of new players that join today they have to continue playing, continue grinding, and continue to use their material advantage to stay ahead. They can't just sit on their past accomplishments.

Constantly handing veteran players more rewards for previously completed content is like paying them interest for their past accomplishments. Their gameplay becomes more valuable over time. But it is better for the game if the opposite is true: their past accomplishments depreciate over time slowly, so they can still benefit from playing longer but they must continue to build on those benefits or fall behind more aggressive newer players. This is necessary to continue to attract new players and keep the game healthy. New players have to believe there's something for them that counterbalances the enormous advantage that veterans have. And that thing is a better leveling and progress curve. Without that, the game stops growing the playerbase and starts spiraling downward.

I will gladly give newer players a better leveling curve than I had when I started, because I don't need a better leveling curve. I have a five year pile of stuff instead. I can't say it is fair, but I can say I think it is necessary, and I think it is a small price to pay for veterans to continue to make the game look appealing to newer players.