**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Stealth suit spidey

Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
So I was fighting stealth suit Spidey with my Nick fury and I thought, hey why isn't he tagged as avenger? As far as I remember in infinity war iron Man made Spidey an avenger,so logically the next mcu version of Spidey to come into the game should be tagged as avenger,and the next one that did come in was stealth suit Spidey so I kindly ask why isn't he?
Note: I am sorry if this topic has been asked before and answered.

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Marvel decided so i guess
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    He is not an avenger in the game, and these type of tags are usually checked/decided by marvel itself as well.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,436 ★★★★
    Stealth Suit Spidey is specifically the character from Far From Home - which is not an Avengers movie
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

So I was fighting stealth suit Spidey with my Nick fury and I thought, hey why isn't he tagged as avenger? As far as I remember in infinity war iron Man made Spidey an avenger,so logically the next mcu version of Spidey to come into the game should be tagged as avenger,and the next one that did come in was stealth suit Spidey so I kindly ask why isn't he?
    Note: I am sorry if this topic has been asked before and answered.

First of all, I'm not sure why people point to that scene where Iron Man "made" Peter an Avenger. In the movie that's just something that Tony Stark says to Peter Parker. Does that have the force of law? Is it an official decree? In the fictional world of the MCU there's an actual official quasi-government organization called the Avengers. Do you believe that anyone Tony calls an Avenger becomes a government employee at that moment?

Conversely, if you believe that when Tony tells Peter he's an Avenger that he's now an Avenger, then how do you interpret the scene where Tony tells Banner that the Avengers "broke up." Like the Beatles. Does that mean there are no more Avengers any more? Or does that mean that everyone who decided not to follow the Accords or is on the run is no longer an Avenger. Is that how you see it? At that moment, is Cap an Avenger? I mean, Tony never made him an Avenger after Civil War. So if Tony telling Peter he's an Avenger in Infinity War means he is an Avenger, then telling Banner that the Avengers broke up should mean Rogers isn't an Avenger, and Captain America Infinity War should not have the #Avengers tag.

Instead, these things aren't official decrees. They are character utterances in conversation. Whether a character is or is not an Avenger is more a question of how the story and the other characters in the story treat that character at the time: it is a subjective, relative thing.

Stealth Suit Spiderman isn't an Avenger because that's supposed to be a secret identity that Nick Fury gives to Peter so no one knows it is him. It is that bit of narrativium that is being reflected in the champion design in MCOC.

When Mysterio first entered the contest, he did not have the #villain tag. That was a bit of cross-marketing gamesmanship with the Spiderman Homecoming movie. The tag didn't reflect who he was, it reflected how the game wanted players to treat him (who were not aware of his comic history, anyway). So tags aren't just a question of character definition, they also reflect story as well as substance.