**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anyone Else Having Control Issues?

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
I bought a new Tablet and updated to 15.0 at the same time. Samsung, Android 5.1. Ever since then, the controls are very latent. Block doesn't kick in until after they Charge, sometimes the controls go dead after holding Block. It just holds for a few seconds after I release, and I can't move. I'm trying to isolate if it's the new device or some other issue. Very frustrating. Can't even start a Streak. Anyone else experiencing this? Not sure if I need a different Tablet or not. Thanks.

Comments

• I have noticed this as well, won't let me swipe back to use dexterity at times also. I'm running game on iPhone 7+
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    I've been having similar control issues for months across many different devices, across many different versions so has many other people.

There's threads all over the forum about control issues, I just bought a new phone and I'm still having the same old issues that I've been having for awhile despite having 3 different phones and 3 different versions.

So I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's most likely not your tablet, this problems so widespread it effects many different devices including tablets for quite awhile now.

Especially if it's specs are good, runs all kinds of different games, and handles fighting games well, it would suck if you get a different tablet only to find out that the new one has the same issues due to the fact it's an issue with kabam and not your device.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    I've had it happen on one of my old tablets and when it does happen it's only in aq one thing I have notice is despite the device for android fps seems to be capped at 35 and I notice the problems when I drop to about 20
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I've been having similar control issues for months across many different devices, across many different versions so has many other people.

There's threads all over the forum about control issues, I just bought a new phone and I'm still having the same old issues that I've been having for awhile despite having 3 different phones and 3 different versions.

So I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's most likely not your tablet, this problems so widespread it effects many different devices including tablets for quite awhile now.

Well, I knew it's happened before occasionally. I've experienced it myself. Since I got the new Tablet it's incredibly noticeable. To the point where it's barely playable. That's why I'm trying to isolate the issue.
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    I've had it happen on one of my old tablets and when it does happen it's only in aq one thing I have notice is despite the device for android fps seems to be capped at 35 and I notice the problems when I drop to about 20

Strangely enough, the old Tab was older than this one. Lol.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Ipad pro bro. Ipad pro. Never had a problem with my old ipad air 2. Wish I could still use it to play this game as my iPhone 6s plus occasionally has the control issues as well, but alas the kids have claimed the ipad as their toy of choice :'(.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Sirnoob wrote: »

Strangely enough, the old Tab was older than this one. Lol.

I still find it funny my iPod runs this better then my s7edge plus makes no sense what so ever
  • FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, lots of us are experiencing this. There've been a few threads that have popped up about the pretty much the same thing. I know kabam has talked about fixing these issues in the past, and they've said they fixed them in past updates... Problem is, they haven't been fixed, and it seems like kabam is going about as if they have. I wish they would at least respond to one of these threads to let us know they're working on it. Maybe if we can get enough traction behind one of these threads, it'll merit a response?
    NevvB wrote: »
    Lmao you know the bug is bad when GW has something to say about it. This issue has been going on for months and still no word from kabam.

I don't deny there are issues. I've experienced my share. I just don't believe that they're ignoring them or they are easily addressed. Especially when the variables are different. I've seen them too. I just noticed them more prominently when I got the new device. When we have periods of even gameplay but incidences of problems, that makes it harder for them to pinpoint and resolve. To be fair, I've never denied in-game issues. I just say whether I'm experiencing them personally or not.
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/17259/characters-just-standing-not-responding-more-info-needed/p2

In this post someone is having similar issues and has a sceeenshot from kabam support going back to june. Sure maybe theyre not easily addressed but after at least 2 months of not even aknowledging the issue on thr forums, from my eyes it seems like they are ignoring the problem. These guys are getting paid to fix bugs but a problem as big as this doesnt seem to be a priority.
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/17259/characters-just-standing-not-responding-more-info-needed/p2

In this post someone is having similar issues and has a sceeenshot from kabam support going back to june. Sure maybe theyre not easily addressed but after at least 2 months of not even aknowledging the issue on thr forums, from my eyes it seems like they are ignoring the problem. These guys are getting paid to fix bugs but a problem as big as this doesnt seem to be a priority.

No one who works on a game wants to keep it bugged. It is just as frustrating to them as it is to us. The idea that they are profiting from them, or apathetic to them, is not logical. Anyone who produces or maintains a game wants it to run smoothly. Happy customers are paying customers. The motivation is there. It's just not easy to identify and resolve. I'm sure many people would disagree because they're frustrated with the ongoing problems, but I know from a business standpoint and from feedback with the staff, that's just not the case. Problems are sometimes more complex than a quick fix. Yes, they even take months at times. If there was an easy resolution, we would have seen it because this is their work.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I've seen someone posting that they can choose a lower resolution on android and that seems to fix the lag, I'm on iPhone and I've given up doing hard content, been terrible about 3 weeks and getting worse, my swipe backs fail about 30-40% of the time, other issues are ai gets an extra long run up, start charging heavy during combos, air punches, it's just a shambles for me right now, about a third of my alliance are the same , but 2/3 are usually ok just notice t the odd time
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★

No one who works on a game wants to keep it bugged. It is just as frustrating to them as it is to us. The idea that they are profiting from them, or apathetic to them, is not logical. Anyone who produces or maintains a game wants it to run smoothly. Happy customers are paying customers. The motivation is there. It's just not easy to identify and resolve. I'm sure many people would disagree because they're frustrated with the ongoing problems, but I know from a business standpoint and from feedback with the staff, that's just not the case. Problems are sometimes more complex than a quick fix. Yes, they even take months at times. If there was an easy resolution, we would have seen it because this is their work.

Sure we can both agree that they do not want to keep their game bugged. Personally i dont think they are trying to take advatage of this but i just think they are not making this bug a high priority. When the game has a game breaking bug for more than 2 months without any updates or even aknowledgement of the issue, thats where I have an issue with them.
    But i dont want to get into a debate with you so I will answer the question in your post.
    Playing on my galaxy s7 edge i experience this problem at times - maybe once every few fights.
    On my ipad air1 i also experience this problem maybe a few fights a day but definitely not as much as playing on my android phone
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    I've seen someone posting that they can choose a lower resolution on android and that seems to fix the lag, I'm on iPhone and I've given up doing hard content, been terrible about 3 weeks and getting worse, my swipe backs fail about 30-40% of the time, other issues are ai gets an extra long run up, start charging heavy during combos, air punches, it's just a shambles for me right now, about a third of my alliance are the same , but 2/3 are usually ok just notice t the odd time

Hmm...that makes me think Processor. I have enough RAM. It might even be an issue with 5.1. I was using 4.4 before and it was minimal. I'll examine it. Thanks.
  • ConnaKazieConnaKazie Posts: 2
    edited September 2017
    Yep I thought it was just my phone going weird. I've had the issue for a while but recently it's gotten really bad. I'm holding block during the enemies combo and the game decides to dash at the opponent, during a special!!
    I've had the same issue when scrolling through my heroes it decides to jump to a random spot and click that hero.
    It also happens when looking around a quest and it slides to the top left of the screen and clicks the arrow it's SUPER frustrating. I'm pretty sure it's my phone though but after reading these I'm beginning to think it's not me.
    This has cost me important fights.
    For example I have a 4* Rogue 4/40. Rating 3500 I lost a fight to a Symbio 4000 which it was only that high coz of class bonus and node +200% health. And most of you will know that health isn't an issue if other things are low. It cost me the fight so bad I wa slept on about 10% health when normally with a fight like that I only would have lost maybe 5% but healed it with sp1.
    To prove I'm not talking myself up, I've beaten Dormammu with Parry and other buffs in AQ Map 3 he was 9000 Rogue was 3500. I was left with roughly 60% health.
    Yes it's definitely off. I'm trying to push through it, but the lag from controls is really significant. It seems to be worse with Medium-Hard Difficulty in the Arena. I'm actually hoping it's an issue with my device or OS because that's something I can control.
  • Yeah ive also had this problem even my champ dashing backwards when im trying to attack for some reason this is update the should of took more time to prepare..
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Another thing to note is that I used to play on an old and cheap Chinese phone earlier and it had absolutely no such issues (well, it did have some issues but they popped up far less often). All of this started happening after I upgraded to a newer phone
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    @Apollonight187
    This last update started the "dash backward when I swipe forward" foolishness. I agree 100%.
  • 4_ME_U_D0N34_ME_U_D0N3 Posts: 141
    I some times have to press multiple times a special to fire and most of the times i am open to dmg and take other specials instead of mine firing
  • Hey gang,

I'm sorry you're running into these issues and even more so that they're still a present issue. I can understand where it may seem these aren't being worked on, but please rest assured we are working diligently to get them resolved.

All bugs are different from the last and all bugs will take different amounts of time to be fixed. Some can be quicker and some can take quite a long time based on the mechanics of it. We've addressed that in the past in prior posts.

The best way to further help us with these issues would be giving us device, OS and connection information. We can take that information and hand it to our game team to help with the investigations.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Uh, Iphone 7, 256GB memory on a Cable connection...It's more than enough to say you have bugs and it isn't my connection and device.... I've given this info many times over the last 9 months, but nothing ever happens. Are the still investigating for this long?
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Hey gang,

I'm sorry you're running into these issues and even more so that they're still a present issue. I can understand where it may seem these aren't being worked on, but please rest assured we are working diligently to get them resolved.

All bugs are different from the last and all bugs will take different amounts of time to be fixed. Some can be quicker and some can take quite a long time based on the mechanics of it. We've addressed that in the past in prior posts.

The best way to further help us with these issues would be giving us device, OS and connection information. We can take that information and hand it to our game team to help with the investigations.

Unless its a bug that benefits the player, that's fixed within a day or two. There has been an issue with parry ever since 12.0 but I'm sure they are doing everything they can to fix it. In the mean time, keep spending on those revives and potions.
  • Nitro23Nitro23 Posts: 29
    Yeah this has started for me recently, over the last couple days. I
    am running this on an iPad Air.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Ya. that's why I've been kinda disgusted with all of this. You are right. If it's a bug that benefits the players, they down the game, all hands on deck to get it fixed. If it's one that disrupts the play of a player and costs them revives, it takes forever. Like I said, I've followed the process asked about similar issues...created tickets and it's the same answer...we are looking into it or what device do you have...same old thing.
    I see people are still having fun with the Flags. Pretty much wasted effort. Doesn't bother me a but
    Hey gang,

Thanks Vydious. I was just trying to isolate it myself. I know they're being worked on. Didn't mean to feed any other doubts. It's a Galaxy Tab A. Android 5.1. WiFi. Thanks.
    Hey gang,

Unless its a bug that benefits the player, that's fixed within a day or two. There has been an issue with parry ever since 12.0 but I'm sure they are doing everything they can to fix it. In the mean time, keep spending on those revives and potions.

I've explained this in another Thread, but I'll say it again. The exploit came from the server. That's what generates the Rewards. It's alot easier to identify it and fix it because it's on their end. When you have issues that vary from device, to OS, to platform, to Build, etc., it's more difficult because it depends on other outside factors. They have to replicate it, isolate what the issue is, come up with a fix that applies to all devices, etc. Sometimes that will vary because it's not always just the game. It's also how the game interacts with different devices. It's really nothing to do with spending or costing the Players. It's what they have control over and what they don't.
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Funny thing is they know the extent of these bugs and what it cost us but not only do we not get compensated, they won't even lower the prices of the potions in the meantime.