**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 Completion and Grandmaster Fight Thoughts

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
First off, let me just say that I really enjoyed the Grandmaster fight! It was really fun and well balanced.
My team was (for the Grandmaster at least) 5/65 Aegon, 5/65 Fury, 5/65 Sparkles, 1/25 Heimdall, and 4/55-5/65 Sunspot.
As for Act 6 as a whole, it was rocky and full of misses. However, 6.4 was generally very fun from what I have done (Just one initial clear) with the exception of the Darkhawk boss. I was able to get easy solos on Iceman, Thor, and Captain Sparkles with Ghost, Aegon, and Doom. Darkhawk was the hardest boss and cost me quite a few revives and the Hydra Adaptoid was fun but challenging for me as I don't have a slow champ at high rank. I actually enjoyed the mini bosses, except for the Annihulus in 6.4.3 but that's because it's Annihulus.
My star champ for completion was my 5/65 sig200 Aegon. He made most fights look like jokes. I probably used him for about ninety percent of the fights.
The paths I took were:
Iceman: Do You Bleed? Not much to it, just spam heavies and hit into block for big damage
Thor: Long Distance Relationship. Again, not much too it. The Domino was a little tricky but I took her down with Ghost and used Aegon for the rest of the fights.
Darkhawk: Took the True Strike path, again just used Aegon. The Annihulus mini was tough
Captain Sparkles: The Oscillate and Limber path. Okay, this one I hated. Still used Aegon for most fights, but it was hard and not very fun for the most part. The Bio-Hazard Nightcrawler was a harder boss than Sparkles.
Hydra Adaptoid: Vigor and Lionheart. I used the regen here to help boost up Aegon's combo and the final boss was mostly easy, just had to use a few team revives.
Finally, the big bad: The Grandmaster!
First off, I don't think there was an 'easy' path as all the nodes and champs where pretty difficult. I ended up choosing the Lifecycle path just so I get Aegon up to a 999 combo (It cost me a good chunk of units, just about 700 I think if my math is right. Which is actually less then I spent on the Grandmaster as I only spent about 500). I also did not understand the linked nodes at all.
The actual fight: I took in my Nick Fury to test the waters and was able to take off 10% of the Grandmaster's health in one go. Interesting note, since I still had Fury's persistent charge, I wasn't sure how it would interact with the Grandmaster's instant K.O. sp3 and found out that it ends the fight but Fury keeps the charge so I was able to kill off the decoy Fury and get the real one the next time I used him. For taking big chunks out of him, I used Aegon and when the Grandmaster was wounded, I saw some very big yellow numbers. The fight is fairly straightfoward, so I'll skip to the end, the last 1%. My plan was to use Captain Sparkles, trigger Binary Indestructibility and just wait out the timer, but I selected Sunspot by mistake. I ended up surviving the 18 seconds with 1% health and finished off the Grandmaster with a sp3 (you get your sp3 instantly once you survive)
For the rewards, I have only opened the five stars (my girlfriend likes to open the six stars, so I'm waiting until tonight to open them with her). From the five stars I got Captain Sparkles, Dorm, and Drax (all dupes). From the Nexus I had the option to chose from Sunspot, Fury, or Spidergwen. Since I don't have Spidergwen, I went with her. From the r2-3s I got mutant and cosmic, and the r3-4s I got tech and another mystic (I used the tech to take up my five star Ghost, you can never have too many Ghosts lol).
With the t5 selector, I made sure that I knew which class I wanted (Science) so it wasn't an issue that I needed to select it right away.
Overall, I greatly enjoyed 6.4 and the Grandmaster fight, but I will be taking my sweet time to explore it (Preferably itemless or at least unitless).
Thanks Kabam for some great content!

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    One thing I forgot to add in my original post is the sheer amount of resources you get from doing 6.4. Each path has 18,000 t2a fragments so you gain three fully formed ones by the time you finish the chapter, plus the ones you get from completion of the act and the chapter rewards. There is also a lot of t5 basic too. Just today, I took Sunspot and Thing both up to r5 and still have t5 in overflow and six (nearly seven) t2a left. I also used the six star rank up gem to take Symbiote Supreme up to r2 (no regrets! My mystic team is stellar now: Doom, Claire, and now Sym). As soon as I get the remaining few skill catalysts, I will take up my Nighthrasher to r2 too, mostly because I love his character and I can't wait to dupe him
    @H3t3r That Killmonger blew. Good luck on the Grandmaster fight! You'll knock it out soon!
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

@H3t3r That Killmonger blew. Good luck on the Grandmaster fight! You'll knock it out soon!

Thanks I'm finding corvus to be a beast took out roughy 40% with him in one go.
    @H3t3r I thought about bringing my Corvus, but I thought he wouldn't be very good since I wouldn't be able to pick up charges since I'm not good at using him on the lifecycle node. How many charges does yours have?

@H3t3r I thought about bringing my Corvus, but I thought he wouldn't be very good since I wouldn't be able to pick up charges since I'm not good at using him on the lifecycle node. How many charges does yours have?

3 dont know where i got the third one from though
    H3t3r said:

There's Cable for the Mutant and Ultron for the Tech, he probably evaded once and that's where you got the third

H3t3r said:

There's Cable for the Mutant and Ultron for the Tech, he probably evaded once and that's where you got the third
    Completely forgot that i fought an ultron ngl lol. But for every other fight medusa carried me just spamming l2s with a cosmic boost on.
    @H3t3r Nice, did you finish the fight?

@H3t3r Nice, did you finish the fight?

No ran out of units. Only went into chapter 4 with 1400 units and no stash but some pots. Going have to wait till i can grind some more arena after my champs are off cooldown, I'll get him down when i wake up in the morning. When i do I'll also record my massive 5 and 6* opening.
    @H3t3r Best of luck to you, especially for your opening. I got Captain Sparkles, Dorm, Drax, and Spidergwen (out of the Nexus, chose between Sunspot and Fury), so I was pretty happy on the five stars, but the six stars I got sucked, I pulled Karnak and Beast.
  • Insanegod619Insanegod619 Posts: 22
    U must have heimdhall synergy?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

U must have heimdhall synergy?

No
  • FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★
    edited March 2020
    I thought 6.4 was a lot of fun and well designed. For most of the content ghost was my star (with hood and wasp synergy) and Dr Doom destroys CMM boss. For the grandmaster a ramped up aegon to 350 combo meter was fantastic. Well done on this one Kabam. The final grandmaster fight was one of the best designed fights in the entire game and a well deserving end to Act 6.

I got shafted besides the proxima and nebula. (Hype was already duped)
  • Robby199696Robby199696 Posts: 85
    This is probably the best designed fight in the game. It’s not easy but definitely the most fun once you figure out the l1
    @StevieManWonder dont know if the effort was worth the rewards lol.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    H3t3r said:

I have such a fundamental difference (it seems) in the way I view the rewards compared to so many players I come across. People are always disappointed in the champion crystals. We get tons of those. What about the T5CC frags, tons of T2A, 1-2 6* rank up gem that is worth a TON, 5* rank up gems, multiple T5B....

People are crazy with their crystals. That is quite literally the last thing I want in the rewards. It’s very nice to get a 6* or two, of course, but those could be anything. The rank up materials are leagues more valuable.

I’m loving all my rank ups. My account is blowing up. Meanwhile so many are upset about one or two 6* crystals.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    SDP said:

H3t3r said:

I have such a fundamental difference (it seems) in the way I view the rewards compared to so many players I come across. People are always disappointed in the champion crystals. We get tons of those. What about the T5CC frags, tons of T2A, 1-2 6* rank up gem that is worth a TON, 5* rank up gems, multiple T5B....

People are crazy with their crystals. That is quite literally the last thing I want in the rewards. It’s very nice to get a 6* or two, of course, but those could be anything. The rank up materials are leagues more valuable.

I’m loving all my rank ups. My account is blowing up. Meanwhile so many are upset about one or two 6* crystals.
    100%. People associate the difficulty with getting those specific shards to what they expect from the pulls and more often than not get disappointed. Was I happy to get Thor Jane from the featured 6* i opened? Of course not but it was still one more roll at Doom that has no better odds than had I hit 15k shards from finishing EQ.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    If you're stretching yourself to finish content for champion crystals, you're destined for disappointment
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    My effort was not worth the rewards for me. nexus crystal was Taskmaster, kingpin, and nebula. 5* were IP and KK. 6* were a wasp dupe and venompool
    Main reason i am looking forward to shards is to try and get a nick fury or aegon either one will do. Obviously rank up resources are way more valuable which i used on voodoo and hype taking them to r5 just guess in the heat of the moment in opening my rewards i just got upset. But now after thinking it over I realise I can't look forward to shards as rewards nearly as much as theres no guaranteed value in Crystal's anymore and I should start looking at the rank up stuff like t5cc or t5b especially t2a which is a bottleneck for me.( Same with iso)
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Due to the non guarantee in rewards I will take my time with 6.4 and do it free to play. Initially I was going to grab a couple odins but there's no rush at this point.

Upon initial completion I pull BWCV 5 star, and a 6 star Sym Supreme. So while many was unlucky, I got very lucky with just initial completion. So that was very satisfying. I have a 6 star to rank up in every class no with the exception of Cosmic. So I got a 5/6 chance to have a legitimate r3 6 star upon completion.

The grandmaster fight was excellent. It took me more units than the avg player but I didn't realize that I didn't have to complete each mission. Well designed fight for sure. Much better than the champion boss in 6.2.6. I would suggest that Kabam removes the gates in 6.2 so more people can finish. Unnecessary barrier imo.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    You know it’s not gonna happen. Lol
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Loved the Grandmaster fight but the rng rewards via the crystals were not kind to me. 6*s were Green Goblin and Electro Dupe. 5* Nexus was disappointing (ended up going for extra 20 levels on Gully2099) and opened two featured 5*s for a Psylocke and Darkhawk who are both already at sig 200. Meh. 0/8 on featured now.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Overall pretty happy with the content. 6.4.1, 6.4.2, 6.4.4, and 6.4.5 were all relatively easy for me. I had some difficulty with 6.4.3 Darkhawk and had to revive a few times through him :( . Grandmaster was a great fight....definitely should be the standard that Kabam measures all future boss fights against.

I was happy with the rewards as well, although there were some disappointments.

Two 6* champs pulled - Thing and Emma Frost. Very happy with both of these champs. Just because of these pulls I consider the overall crystal opening a major win.

5* Nexus - More sigs on Morningstar, new champ Elsa Bloodstone, or new champ Hela. I went with Elsa just because she is a newer champ. I probably should have gone with Hela for her synergies, but Elsa and Hela would just sit at R1. This crystal was not impactful for my roster, sadly.

The 5* rank up gems were just outright disappointments. Don't even have any champs for the 2 mutant 3-4s I got :(

But the best part is the resources for me. With the 6* rank up gem I can take 3 6* champs to R2. I just have to decide which champs between Guillotine 2099, Thing, Emma Frost, and Stealth Spider-Man.
  • GoldenGoatGoldenGoat Posts: 10
    Ha I got 2 Science R4 gems. Before opening them, science was the only R4 gems that I currently had, of which I don't need. But other than that I got a 6* Cull no complaints. I had a lot of fun with this completion and the GM fight. I look forward to fighting him with the other links up