**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ start time

KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
Isn't AQ supposed to start at 3 p.m in the US? Had a shift last week to 4 due to change in Daylight Saving mid AQ, but should be back to normal right now.
But the AQ timer is showing 4 p.m if I'm not mistaken.

Comments

• SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Doesn't Daylight Saving Time go for at least a few months?
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

Doesn't Daylight Saving Time go for at least a few months?

It ended on 8th. Since AQ week started before 8th and AQ starts at 3 p.m, with change in Daylight Saving which made clocks go forward by an hour, the last 2-3 AQ days started at 4 p.m instead. Technically, we should be back to 3 p.m now
    Please confirm if the timer is wrong or AQ is starting later from now on when possible @Kabam Miike
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    It doesn’t change with daylight savings time. It will only change back to normal in the fall when we change clocks again. It was this way last year at least, we lost an hour in AQ one day then.
    Kpatrix said:

It doesn’t change with daylight savings time. It will only change back to normal in the fall when we change clocks again. It was this way last year at least, we lost an hour in AQ one day then.

As far as I remember, it's always been 3 p.m start time. Which changed the start time for the folks not affected by Daylight Savings.
  • Wonder if the Coming Soon time of 4pm US-Eastern-NY will be cut short and actually start at normal 3pm, like the War Enlistment Time Issue from last War ?

To @Kpatrix above, NO, AQ is not permanently 1 hour different during half of the year. UNLESS you are in an area that does NOT change with Daylight Saving (Arizona ? or some other select cases).

Wonder if the Coming Soon time of 4pm US-Eastern-NY will be cut short and actually start at normal 3pm, like the War Enlistment Time Issue from last War ?

Hoping this is the case. Sucks for U.S guys to start late and early start time for the rest of the world helps too
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

Kpatrix said:

As far as I remember, it's always been 3 p.m start time. Which changed the start time for the folks not affected by Daylight Savings.
    No, it happens every time we have daylight savings time. Been that way since the beginning. In the fall, AQ and calendar times go back an hour. Im Central time and times for me are- after fall AQ 2pm and calendar rewards 6pm. After Spring- 3pm AQ and calendar rewards 7pm.
    edited March 2020

Kpatrix said:

No, it happens every time we have daylight savings time. Been that way since the beginning. In the fall, AQ and calendar times go back an hour. Im Central time and times for me are- after fall AQ 2pm and calendar rewards 6pm. After Spring- 3pm AQ and calendar rewards 7pm.
    If that's the case, why haven't war times changed? We're in the same bracket, yet suddenly after Daylight Savings, the wars start at the exact same time as before?
    edited March 2020
    I stay outside the U.S where times don't change like the U.S, and I think that AQ used to start earlier last year at this time. Might be wrong, but it's how I remember it.
    @Kabam Miike any update on whether this is a visual glitch or AQ will be starting an hour later from now on?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

Kpatrix said:

If that's the case, why haven't war times changed? We're in the same bracket, yet suddenly after Daylight Savings, the wars start at the exact same time as before?
    War is different scheduling. Ive been playing this game for pretty much since release and its the way they've always done it. Dont know what to tell you.
    @Demonzfyre this is why I just asked about it. Look at the two pictures below. One of them has to be wrong, and IF the AQ timer is a visual glitch, it'll suck for everyone to start AQ an hour later.

• @Demonzfyre this is why I just asked about it. Look at the two pictures below. One of them has to be wrong, and IF the AQ timer is a visual glitch, it'll suck for everyone to start AQ an hour later.

Was just gonna post about that Ally Event timer as well, showing normal 3pm US-Eastern, even though Coming Soon for AQ in general still says 4pm. (only the 1-day was showing before top of this past hour, so was gonna wait until 5-day AQ Comp became visible as well, which evidently matches the 1-day)
  • ..and I don’t ever recall AQ starting an hour different for a complete half of the year in the past. (Except for people who don’t observe clock changes for Daylight Saving, in which case they “would”be different for half the year).
  • edited March 2020
    I checked with the team and AQ and the associated events should now all be synced up and set to start at the correct time. Apologies for any confusion there.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Starts in 15 mins, as it should
    Yup. Turned out to be a visual glitch. Nice for those alliances who checked it a few hours ago and will log on accordingly to just miss out on an hour
  • NopedroooNopedrooo Posts: 116

I checked with the team and AQ and the associated events should now all be synced up and set to start at the correct time. Apologies for any confusion there.

Timer was wrong on it.

• 1-day AQ Event (Alliance Brawl) listed as only 22-hours ?? Lol

Doesn’t really matter because anyone who wants those simple rewards ain’t gonna wait until that far into it, but ...

• (never mind.. 22 hrs)
    It’s meant to coincide with normal 1 day 1:30pm times.