**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Post reactions

NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
I think it would be nice if we could see who leaves reactions to our posts. That way we could easily tell who the trolls are who hit the disagree button when there is nothing to disagree about. This would also let us know what players actually take the time to react to posts. It's obvious in numerous posts that a single person goes down and hits the disagree button to every single post no matter what it says. This idea would help eliminate that because I believe the ppl wouldn't do it if their name was attached to it. I could be wrong though. Right now the reaction buttons are meaningless because of all the trolls. There really isn't a point to having them if everyone just ignores them because of the constant trolling on all the threads.

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

As annoying as it is, the reason it was added was so people could use it innocuously. Besides, I think it would just cause more arguments if you could see who clicks what.

This is correct actually. It was meant to be a way for folks to show their thoughts towards something on the go or quickly before (or not) replying. However, we don't need a list showing just who is saying what to each post. This could just cause inner community fights that aren't necessary at all.
    Out if curiosity, can the mods see the reactors of certain comments? You must have gotten the system layout from somewhere, correct?
    Also, any thoughts on overhauling comment display/layout? The disagree button was the last major update for it no?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

As annoying as it is, the reason it was added was so people could use it innocuously. Besides, I think it would just cause more arguments if you could see who clicks what.

This is correct actually. It was meant to be a way for folks to show their thoughts towards something on the go or quickly before (or not) replying. However, we don't need a list showing just who is saying what to each post. This could just cause inner community fights that aren't necessary at all.
    Out if curiosity, can the mods see the reactors of certain comments? You must have gotten the system layout from somewhere, correct?
    Also, any thoughts on overhauling comment display/layout? The disagree button was the last major update for it no?
    The stats are visible to Moderators.
    No, but people do just go through and click it on any and every comment. It doesn't do anything, and it's best to be ignored, but it's still a thing. Lol.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Reference said:

No, but people do just go through and click it on any and every comment. It doesn't do anything, and it's best to be ignored, but it's still a thing. Lol.

You have conflict of interest in this topic as you are the one receiving the most disagree in whatever topic you commented. Although I’m not that favour hitting a disagree without any elaboration, many of your comments are just simply against logic, therefore your accumulated disagree from players outweigh your agree significantly.
    Of course it could be that he's following a train of logic that other people don't like hearing, cause that is a thing. I'm not saying it's necessarily wrong to do so, but people can definitely be aversive to opinions that don't follow their own.
    Reference said:

You have conflict of interest in this topic as you are the one receiving the most disagree in whatever topic you commented. Although I’m not that favour hitting a disagree without any elaboration, many of your comments are just simply against logic, therefore your accumulated disagree from players outweigh your agree significantly.
    There's no conflict of interest at all. I could care less if people spam the button until arthritis sets in. I have entirely thickened skin when it comes to people who don't agree with my thoughts. I share them because they're my thoughts. Not for validation. What I also have is a more unique experience with it, and I can vouch for the fact that sometimes people just click the button because they see who's posting, not just because of what they say. I've had people disagree with comments I've made about what I have in my Roster, comments about congratulations for others, you name it. If someone is going to try to argue the logic in disagreeing with that, they may find laughter. Doesn't bother me, really. I think it's fair to mention that it happens, though.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Reference said:

There's no conflict of interest at all. I could care less if people spam the button until arthritis sets in. I have entirely thickened skin when it comes to people who don't agree with my thoughts. I share them because they're my thoughts. Not for validation. What I also have is a more unique experience with it, and I can vouch for the fact that sometimes people just click the button because they see who's posting, not just because of what they say. I've had people disagree with comments I've made about what I have in my Roster, comments about congratulations for others, you name it. If someone is going to try to argue the logic in disagreeing with that, they may find laughter. Doesn't bother me, really. I think it's fair to mention that it happens, though.
    Frankly I don’t know you in person, and I don’t think most players do. There is absolutely no such thing as love or hatred without any reason or cause.

Other than public icons, 1 or 2 persons in forum disagree you it’s just something natural. Over 5 persons keep disagreeing you, you might still treat as normal. If you have over 17k disagree and you still treat as normal, then I really don’t know what logic it is.

Actually I saw your posts in reddit and most of those players’ response are more than disagree. And I never say something against you.

If I have entirely thickened skin, I would never comment others hitting disagree button as annoying....so contradicting.

Reference said:

On one hand you have entirely thickened skin but on the other hand you feel annoying with those disagree button. Is that contradicting?

You don’t care but then, you care?
    Reference said:

Reference said:

On one hand you have entirely thickened skin but on the other hand you feel annoying with those disagree button. Is that contradicting?

You don’t care but then, you care?
    I didn't say it was annoying to me. I said it may be annoying. In general. You might want to put a worm on that hook.
    Correct. That's what I said. If people weren't annoyed by it, this Thread wouldn't exist. I think we can move on from the rabbit hole now. Have a good evening.

Correct. That's what I said. If people weren't annoyed by it, this Thread wouldn't exist. I think we can move on from the rabbit hole now. Have a good evening.

That’s why you earn your disagree.
    When I reply others’ post, I never see who ask and just focus on content. Selective negation won’t help.
    You're trying to illicit a response from me by twisting my words. That is about as constructive as Silly Putty. If people want to disagree with me bowing out from that line of questioning, they can fill their boots.

You're trying to illicit a response from me by twisting my words. That is about as constructive as Silly Putty. If people want to disagree with me bowing out from that line of questioning, they can fill their boots.

I guess you’re trying to illicit your own response. This is not your 1st time. Don’t be silly.

Yes I think that’s the point of this post. Viewers can disagree for whatever they don’t agree. What’s the point asking for name disclosure.
    I'm not trying to illicit anything. I made my points. You're implying I'm bothered by it. Do I look bothered? Count the Disagrees on my Profile. Does it look like I care? This isn't my first time to the Forum, and I know when I'm being provoked. I'm just not investing in it.
    Let's forget about me and get back to the topic. Is your argument that people don't use the Disagrees to troll, and they are genuine? I'd have to disagree with that one.
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    Once again, the original thread has been derailed.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★

That's a very good answer. We don't need to give forum members the tools to be more confrontational! ;)
    In my opinion it works just fine like it is.
This discussion has been closed.