**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How often do you run out of Glaive Charges?

MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
Just wanted to are 20 Glaive charges sufficient for the 1st two fight? Especially when you are facing opponents with large health pools?

Comments

• MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
    @SDP so we need to wait the Glaive charges? What if the AI is too aggressive?
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    Just wait, hit into block, bait specials etc. Glaive charges over isnt game over
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    You should check BG's itemless vid. He use Corvus. it's a long one, but, first fight is Corvus vs Ghost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTp2b8RAfmk
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,141 ★★★★★
    U can fire infinity sp2 it wil just be long with parry and light hit
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    It also depends on if you run suicides or not, but assuming you don't, Corvus will typically run out of charges his first fight in 6.2 and onwards, sometimes even the 2nd fight too depending on the matchup, boosts etc. Same goes for Variant 1 and 4 (he's not a super great option for the other 2 imo).

This however doesn't mean the fight is over, it just means you have to be patient. Even in AQ/AW where fights are timed, you'll still be okay waiting for your charges to return, provided you're playing agressive enough once they do.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

Mephisto said:

@SDP so we need to wait the Glaive charges? What if the AI is too aggressive?

You have two options when charges runout. 1-You can play as u normally would. He won't hit as hard but he still causes some damage. Or 2- You can play defensively and keep holding block and pushing them back so u don't get cornered. Either option can work. I usually keep playing how I normally do but mix in more 5 hit combos to burn more time. Even without his charges he can take down a decent chunk of health before they refresh.
    That is why i decided not to bring my 4* corvus against terrax on my mini
  • Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    I use the ML combo. I am able to get to 2 sp2s before I run out of charges. The fight is over with the second sp2 most often, but sometimes, the opponent remains at 4-8% range, but I just use the non critical hits to kill them.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    People really make too big a deal out of this. I just finished 6.4 using my unawakened Corvus through a lot of it. Yeah most fights you need to cycle through at least 3 cooldowns, but it’s hardly game over. Just gotta be patient. And less so if yours is awakened.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Mephisto said:

Just wanted to are 20 Glaive charges sufficient for the 1st two fight? Especially when you are facing opponents with large health pools?

Usually after 20 sometimes when fighting avengers after 30.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★

People really make too big a deal out of this. I just finished 6.4 using my unawakened Corvus through a lot of it. Yeah most fights you need to cycle through at least 3 cooldowns, but it’s hardly game over. Just gotta be patient. And less so if yours is awakened.

His awakened ability rarely changes the cooldown time. In order for it to reduce the cooldown you have to spend all of his charges in less than 30 seconds. Most of the time they last much longer than that.
  • Ragnaroky12Ragnaroky12 Posts: 62
    I never run out of charges. Because i don't have corvus 😢
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    Neotwism said:

His awakened ability rarely changes the cooldown time. In order for it to reduce the cooldown you have to spend all of his charges in less than 30 seconds. Most of the time they last much longer than that.
    Ive never had a problem using up my charges under 30 seconds. If I know it's gonna take at least 2 sets of charges in a single fight, I do 5 ht combos, plus a few heavy's and usually have about a charge or 2 by the time I reach sp2.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Lmao all the time in act 6. Obviously it’s not the end of the fight but he’s just miserable in his cooldown phase. Generally I prefer to use Captain Marvel over him unless there’s some very specific matchup where I need Corvus.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    With suicides it doesn't really become an issue until 6.3. After playing him a lot, you will know within your first combo whether you will make it or not at the beginning of the fight. You can either drag your glaive out with shortened combos if you need to/believe you might kill them or try to spend them within 30 seconds to regain them faster. If you don't make it, it's fine. Just play normal and stay relaxed, walk out with your charge for the next one. It's part of the ramp up process.
  • PrentexPrentex Posts: 288
    Is this 30 % faster cooldown time only for the first cooldown phase or for all remaining in that fight?
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    One of my favorite things to do is throw an L2 as soon as the charges come back.