**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Long standing debate finally resolved.

Comments

• spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    A common pizza order at our shop is pineapple mushroom. Now I love both those things, but can only think of a few worse combinations.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Can we all acknowledge that person who suffers the most is no other then spongebob himself lol
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Chicken, bacon and pineapple (with BBQ sauce) pizza is what I'll eat in heaven.

Dessert pizza: Nutella, banana and honey with whipped cream.

Actually, I'll eat anything bunged on a pizza base, except anchovies.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Pineapple is delicious. Pizza is a awesome food. But these two just don't get along good at all.
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    Either a good meat feast or seafood pizza for me - anyone tries to offer me one with pineapple on normally has it back in their face
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    @DNA3000 this is the greatest thing you’ve ever posted on the forums.
  • Store I went to basically out of most Pizza, but still had some of a new style TACO AND CHEESE STUFFED. (Nacho Cheese Stuffed Crust, instead of Mozzarella Stuffed) Pizza that I haven’t ever seen before (DiGior... brand), so bought one to try it out.

But I’d definitely buy those leftover Pineapple/Ham ones 😀
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Nacho Stuffed sounds good, actually.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    https://tenor.com/xk4Z.gif
    Well when you're Lactose Intolerant you gotta have something else on that Pizza to make it more interesting than Bread with Tomato Sauce...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

What does this have to MCOC? This thread reeks of nepotism.

"Nepotism"? I don't think you know the meaning of the word. Nepotism is when you give your relatives jobs in your company/government - often when they've no place being there. Like Jared Kushner.
    You'll find dictionaries (especially online ones) state that Nepotism is where you give relatives or friends special consideration. But without getting into what dictionaries actually do (dictionaries don't define, they describe - so says the authors of all dictionaries) the correct usage is to say that nepotism refers to relatives, and cronyism refers to friends or acquaintances.

True story: I took a cousin to Japan recently as part of a friends and family type get together, and at one point we took him to a Japanese steak house that had a teppanyaki counter. Teppanyaki, for those not familiar, is what you're picturing in your head when you think of a Benihana restaurant where the chef tosses the food around and into his hat. My cousin, who grew up all his life on the East Coast of the United States, said "oh, you mean hibachi cooking" when I described this. I, and actually everyone else at the table, stared at him. "Hibachi" cooking is what everyone in the western world calls "grilling." A hibachi is a (kind of) Japanese charcoal grill. There is no restaurant in the world that does Teppanyaki cooking on a hibachi, because that would be insane.

However, I actually stopped to look it up. Apparently in many parts of the US, including especially on the East Coast, teppanyaki restaurants are actually referred to as "hibachi" style restaurants. They've appropriated the wrong word to describe these restaurants, and no one corrected them.

So is he right or is he wrong? In my opinion, he's wrong, and I explained it to him. You might find "hibachi-style restaurant" in an online dictionary somewhere describing what is a teppanyaki style restaurant, but no amount of Google entries makes it right. It just means a lot of Americans are wrong about a Japanese thing.

A dictionary can describe how people use a word, but it cannot tell you, in and of itself, if that usage is "correct." For that, you need to go beyond dictionaries and into the world of contextual linguistics.
    FWIW, I've always referred to a Hibachi as a small barbecue grill.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

Also, the least amount of math.
    Not sure if this is a jab or just a fact...? Lol what’s your point here?

"Justin Trudeau
    @JustinTrudeau
    ·
    Feb 24, 2017
    Replying to
    @JonWiseman
    I have a pineapple. I have a pizza. And I stand behind this delicious Southwestern Ontario creation. #TeamPineapple
    @Canada"
    Best I could do to copy a Tweet, but it looks like the PM is on board. Lol.
    Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

Also, the least amount of math.
    Not sure if this is a jab or just a fact...? Lol what’s your point here?
    This seems a bit crusty.
    The first personal ban: pizza post.

DNA3000 said:

Jackd1989 said:

Either a good meat feast or seafood pizza for me - anyone tries to offer me one with pineapple on normally has it back in their face

God-tier:

Demi-god tier:

Pretty useful tier:

Occasionally useful tier:

Meme tier:

You think cheese is good on pizza? 🤢
    The question should be: don't you think crust is a great thing to put underneath cheese?
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

For years, the forums have debated this particular question off and on, without any clear resolution. This even goes back to the prior forums. Not only have players argued this, even the Kabam developers have weighed in, but there hasn't been a consensus on this issue. I have gone so far as to challenge the moderators on their stance on this multiple times in the past. However, after careful research I believe I now have a definitive answer to this age old question:

Is pineapple an appropriate topping for pizza?

Apparently this combination is not only not pizza, it is apparently not even considered food.

Good now I can go get some of that glorious majestic pizza without being judged.