**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

End of the rainbow

13»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I feel like you have your ears plugged on this one, saying "La la la!". No offense, just a bit of humor.
    Healthy means healthy for the game. You can't increase growth and progress at the top to the point that it makes it impossible for anything underneath to catch up. Various points in the game, from the beginners all the way up to the top, have certain limitations. You'll find that growth is much faster at the beginning stages and slows down as you advance. That's done specifically to allow people to advance over time. You can't put all the eggs in the top basket without making it impossible for people lower on the spectrum to ever reach past a certain point. What that creates is a static system at the Top Tier. You can't put all the strongest Rarities, all the highest Cats, AND speed up growth beyond what is healthy overall. I've already said in the previous Thread that the increased ways that Gold will be available will not be significant enough to meet those expectations, and people will still have to Grind for it and save it. In fact, I believe Miike specified that people will still have to work for it. He also mentioned Dungeons, and I suspect that Incursions will be a source. If you're implying that they made Champs available and Cats available, and expect people to take time Ranking them, I'd say absolutely.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Buying Cavs isn't how you keep Gold. I've already gone over it in the other Thread and it's pointless to reiterate that here. I'm leaving my point as it is. It's impossible to spend more than is made and blame the system for not giving more.

Its possible because Gold rewards havent been updated even once since 2018 (when I started playing) BUT AQ/AW rewards for resources has been bumped almost a dozen times in total.

Again, you don't understand how end game/top-tier players have so much gold so I dont think you get why Gold is an issue for someone who grind 4/5* arena and still is short on it.
    You're making the same point you did before and I'm saying the same thing I did last time. Earning more Champs doesn't mean they should be Ranked faster. This began with the introduction of 6*s. Before that, I scarcely heard a Gold complaint because as DNA just pointed out, bottlenecks are shifting. More specifically, it began when 6*s were announced. People made the decision to forego Ranking 4*s and only Rank 5*s. The problem is, they wanted to do it at a rate faster than the game is designed to allow for Ranking. It takes longer to Rank a 5*. Even longer for a 6*. That's supposed to be that way. There's an increased Gold cost for a reason. You're not going to be able to Rank 6*s as fast as you get them.
    Lol so your idea is that Kabam introduce 6* and then they purposely stop you from ranking them? Whats the point of that then? How else do they keep top-tier players excited about the game? Again, your lack of game knowledge shows. If Kabam is introducing something new, they should also (at the least) allow access to resources in an equivalent manner. Which they are doing with rank up resources but not Gold, which will work with the update next month to Dungeons.

Saying people should stop ranking 6* is ridiculous because whats the point of hyping up 6* openings and champions when you cant even push them to their damage potential. Kabam doesnt want to shift the meta to R3 (which is still very rare for top-tier players except for a handful) so they have limited t5cc. But they want you to rank up 6* to R2 or gain multiple 6*.

Bottlenecks are not a problem, in fact they should be present. But making them in such a way that only people who spend money can gain access to gold and not those who grind arena for 5h/day is bad game mechanics and I have played multiple RPG, MMORPG and multiplayer games to learn that.

You should play more games to understand the economics and how its managed and kept in a way thats its not a Pay2Win scenario. Once again (no offense), it shows your lack of game knowledge. You can look back at all resource updates and compare to gold updates
    I'm going to dodge the last paragraph no matter how many times you add it.
    I didn't say they purposely stop you from Ranking them. I said they're designed to take longer to Rank. That's done for a number of reasons, but mostly to pace overall progress for the entire game as a whole.
    And they are doing a good job in managing the pace for R3 6* but not ranking up 5* because a R1 to R5 5* costs 3m gold which you dont get a month. However, you do get 2 t5b and enough t2a for a R5 each month. Again, there is no balance here.
    Pretty sure he doesn't, and I also do not get 2 T5B every month. If not having enough gold to use all the catalysts you earn is evidence of a gold balance issue, why can't I claim that not having enough catalysts to use all the gold I earn isn't evidence of a catalyst balance issue?
    You will be able to get 2 t5b a month easily once the glory store updates next week.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    For me, personally as a mid-tier free-to-play player. I think it's not that bad, sure the ISO is not much, but for someone with absolutely zero ISO at hand, it's a help.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Mike192 said:

DNA3000 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Buying Cavs isn't how you keep Gold. I've already gone over it in the other Thread and it's pointless to reiterate that here. I'm leaving my point as it is. It's impossible to spend more than is made and blame the system for not giving more.

Its possible because Gold rewards havent been updated even once since 2018 (when I started playing) BUT AQ/AW rewards for resources has been bumped almost a dozen times in total.

Again, you don't understand how end game/top-tier players have so much gold so I dont think you get why Gold is an issue for someone who grind 4/5* arena and still is short on it.
    You're making the same point you did before and I'm saying the same thing I did last time. Earning more Champs doesn't mean they should be Ranked faster. This began with the introduction of 6*s. Before that, I scarcely heard a Gold complaint because as DNA just pointed out, bottlenecks are shifting. More specifically, it began when 6*s were announced. People made the decision to forego Ranking 4*s and only Rank 5*s. The problem is, they wanted to do it at a rate faster than the game is designed to allow for Ranking. It takes longer to Rank a 5*. Even longer for a 6*. That's supposed to be that way. There's an increased Gold cost for a reason. You're not going to be able to Rank 6*s as fast as you get them.
    Lol so your idea is that Kabam introduce 6* and then they purposely stop you from ranking them? Whats the point of that then? How else do they keep top-tier players excited about the game? Again, your lack of game knowledge shows. If Kabam is introducing something new, they should also (at the least) allow access to resources in an equivalent manner. Which they are doing with rank up resources but not Gold, which will work with the update next month to Dungeons.

Saying people should stop ranking 6* is ridiculous because whats the point of hyping up 6* openings and champions when you cant even push them to their damage potential. Kabam doesnt want to shift the meta to R3 (which is still very rare for top-tier players except for a handful) so they have limited t5cc. But they want you to rank up 6* to R2 or gain multiple 6*.

Bottlenecks are not a problem, in fact they should be present. But making them in such a way that only people who spend money can gain access to gold and not those who grind arena for 5h/day is bad game mechanics and I have played multiple RPG, MMORPG and multiplayer games to learn that.

You should play more games to understand the economics and how its managed and kept in a way thats its not a Pay2Win scenario. Once again (no offense), it shows your lack of game knowledge. You can look back at all resource updates and compare to gold updates
    I'm going to dodge the last paragraph no matter how many times you add it.
    I didn't say they purposely stop you from Ranking them. I said they're designed to take longer to Rank. That's done for a number of reasons, but mostly to pace overall progress for the entire game as a whole.
    And they are doing a good job in managing the pace for R3 6* but not ranking up 5* because a R1 to R5 5* costs 3m gold which you dont get a month. However, you do get 2 t5b and enough t2a for a R5 each month. Again, there is no balance here.
    Pretty sure he doesn't, and I also do not get 2 T5B every month. If not having enough gold to use all the catalysts you earn is evidence of a gold balance issue, why can't I claim that not having enough catalysts to use all the gold I earn isn't evidence of a catalyst balance issue?
    You wont get 2 t5b (or close) if you dont do map 7 x5 and all top rewards. For top-tier players, cats arent usually an issue which is evident by seeing how many of them rank up 5* that aren't even so useful for mid tier players like venom or Mr. Fantastic or Doc Oc. But at the same time, I dont spend money on the game as much, just time.

If you do everything possible that kabam gives as a F2P player and dont have enough resources, then you could complain or talk about it. But if you dont do that and still complain, well there is the problem.
    But you don't do everything possible as an F2P player. You're making the decision that doing 7x5 is possible but grinding more arena is not possible.

Your arena grinding numbers don't seem to work out. I did a very large statistical analysis of arena crystals: over the long run you should be able to get about 1.9 million gold from every million BC. I earn a bit less than that many per month on average (probably around 800k), and I grind less than five hours a day. It is difficult for me to believe I'm earning less than 2 million gold per month from all sources combined, although I haven't added up every single source.

Selling ISO, which I'm always overflowing from, is a significant source of gold but I'm not counting the full amount here as I don't know what the ISO situation would be with certainty if I were to attempt to rank up at maximum speed with no catalyst cap. However, as an arena grinder I have an influx of units constantly coming in, and I spend a percentage of those on Cav crystals. Those are, if nothing else, a constant source of ISO from champion duplication, particularly 4* and 5* pulls from those crystals. I doubt I would run out even if I ranked up as fast as possible. And that's a zero cash proposition which any F2P arena grinder could do. Counting ISO selling, I'm pretty sure I'm earning at least 2.5 million gold a month.

That's comparable to the gold cost to rank up a 5* from rank 1 to rank 5 assuming you use correct class ISO rather than basic ISO. Anyone claiming to be grinding five hours a day should be earning gold significantly faster than me if they were playing efficiently, and spending less gold than you quoted ranking up champions, again if they were playing efficiently.

If a player wasn't doing what was necessary to spend gold efficiently, then they wouldn't be doing everything possible as an F2P player.

Meanwhile, there's another demand side thing to consider. Top tier players aren't going to be spending T5B at the same rate it is earned on ranking 5* champs alone. For one thing, it is unlikely anyone thinks Kabam releases enough rank 5 worthy champs. They currently release about two new champs per month. If about a third of them are considered rank 5 worthy by any particular player, that's two every three months, or one every month and a half. If that's all that existed, players would be forced to burn T5B on less attractive choices just to spend them.

But that's not all that exists, because top tier players should also be getting 6* champs that are worthy of rank up. And 6* champs burn far less gold per T5B. A 5* champ burns 2.5 million gold for every two T5B you use on them. That's about 1.3 million gold per T5B. But a 6* champ burns three T5B going from rank 1 to rank 2, burning only about a million gold going from rank 1 to rank 2. That's only 333k gold per T5B. Top tier players would be ranking some mixture of 5* and 6* champs. Even if that ratio is highly skewed, let's say four to one, then that averages out to only about 1.1 million gold per T5B spent. And the long term ratio is likely to be higher than that, because that ultimately wastes T5B on less attractive options. Assuming the ratios above, you'd expect to earn about 24 T5B in a year, and have about eight rank 5 worthy champs released in that same time. Assuming you get them all, that's 16 T5B used on them, leaving 8. That's enough for almost three 6* rank 2 rank ups. The actual implied rank up ratio here is three to one, which equates to an average gold to T5B ratio of about 1.06 million per T5B. And that means earning about 2.12 million gold per month is about what the economical balance point is for two T5B per month.

Which, as I calculated above, is doable for a F2P arena grinder grinding for less than five hours a day (probably closer to 3.5 to 4).
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    It would have been better if we got crystals based on each class
    2-4 for anyone not uncollected
    3-5 for anyone uncollected and up
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 906 ★★★
    I don't understand anybody complaining about free ****...... At all! Some people are unreal 😂
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

I don't understand anybody complaining about free ****...... At all! Some people are unreal 😂

Murphy's Law.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Wow. I wonder how many complaining about free items would lose their minds if kabam removed the calendars all together. Maybe they could add a button so if you dislike the free calendar you could hit it and never see a free calendar again. Problem solved
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Why do a majority of the players expect everything released in game should be targeted at them? Truly baffling.