**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Long standing debate finally resolved.

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    edited March 2020

DNA3000 said:

For years, the forums have debated this particular question off and on, without any clear resolution. This even goes back to the prior forums. Not only have players argued this, even the Kabam developers have weighed in, but there hasn't been a consensus on this issue. I have gone so far as to challenge the moderators on their stance on this multiple times in the past. However, after careful research I believe I now have a definitive answer to this age old question:

Is pineapple an appropriate topping for pizza?

Apparently this combination is not only not pizza, it is apparently not even considered food.

Good now I can go get some of that glorious majestic pizza without being judged.
    No one here should feel like they are being judged. As the Kingslayer says, we don't get to choose the pizza we love.

DNA3000 said:

The question should be: don't you think crust is a great thing to put underneath cheese?

Sure, as long as the crust is stuffed with raw shrimp 🤤
    Okay, this I'm judging.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Jackd1989 said:

Either a good meat feast or seafood pizza for me - anyone tries to offer me one with pineapple on normally has it back in their face

God-tier:

Demi-god tier:

Pretty useful tier:

Occasionally useful tier:

Meme tier:

You think cheese is good on pizza? 🤢
    The question should be: don't you think crust is a great thing to put underneath cheese?
    Sure, as long as the crust is stuffed with raw shrimp 🤤
    How are we even in the same alliance still...?
    DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

@DNA3000 this is the greatest thing you’ve ever posted on the forums.

Also, the least amount of math.
    Not sure if this is a jab or just a fact...? Lol what’s your point here?
    This seems a bit crusty.
    Exactly, but what type of crusty are we talking? Cheese stuffed, thin, rising, deep... So much uncertainty.
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Jackd1989 said:

Either a good meat feast or seafood pizza for me - anyone tries to offer me one with pineapple on normally has it back in their face

God-tier:

Demi-god tier:

Pretty useful tier:

Meme tier:

• Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

What does this have to MCOC? This thread reeks of nepotism.

"Nepotism"? I don't think you know the meaning of the word. Nepotism is when you give your relatives jobs in your company/government - often when they've no place being there. Like Jared Kushner.
    You'll find dictionaries (especially online ones) state that Nepotism is where you give relatives or friends special consideration. But without getting into what dictionaries actually do (dictionaries don't define, they describe - so says the authors of all dictionaries) the correct usage is to say that nepotism refers to relatives, and cronyism refers to friends or acquaintances.

True story: I took a cousin to Japan recently as part of a friends and family type get together, and at one point we took him to a Japanese steak house that had a teppanyaki counter. Teppanyaki, for those not familiar, is what you're picturing in your head when you think of a Benihana restaurant where the chef tosses the food around and into his hat. My cousin, who grew up all his life on the East Coast of the United States, said "oh, you mean hibachi cooking" when I described this. I, and actually everyone else at the table, stared at him. "Hibachi" cooking is what everyone in the western world calls "grilling." A hibachi is a (kind of) Japanese charcoal grill. There is no restaurant in the world that does Teppanyaki cooking on a hibachi, because that would be insane.

However, I actually stopped to look it up. Apparently in many parts of the US, including especially on the East Coast, teppanyaki restaurants are actually referred to as "hibachi" style restaurants. They've appropriated the wrong word to describe these restaurants, and no one corrected them.

So is he right or is he wrong? In my opinion, he's wrong, and I explained it to him. You might find "hibachi-style restaurant" in an online dictionary somewhere describing what is a teppanyaki style restaurant, but no amount of Google entries makes it right. It just means a lot of Americans are wrong about a Japanese thing.

A dictionary can describe how people use a word, but it cannot tell you, in and of itself, if that usage is "correct." For that, you need to go beyond dictionaries and into the world of contextual linguistics.
    this is all very interesting, but doesn't answer my question. How is this thread nepotistic?

answer: it's not.
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 344 ★★
    Does fruit belong on pizza? Yes is does! Technically tomatoes are fruit and is what the sauce is made from so there you go.
    flygamer said:

Does fruit belong on pizza? Yes is does! Technically tomatoes are fruit and is what the sauce is made from so there you go.

Depends on how you define fruit... Are you looking at seeds or flavor? If it’s the sweet flavor that defines fruit than I’d argue that tomatoes are in fact vegetables.

DNA3000 said:

What does this have to MCOC? This thread reeks of nepotism.

"Nepotism"? I don't think you know the meaning of the word. Nepotism is when you give your relatives jobs in your company/government - often when they've no place being there. Like Jared Kushner.
    You'll find dictionaries (especially online ones) state that Nepotism is where you give relatives or friends special consideration. But without getting into what dictionaries actually do (dictionaries don't define, they describe - so says the authors of all dictionaries) the correct usage is to say that nepotism refers to relatives, and cronyism refers to friends or acquaintances.

True story: I took a cousin to Japan recently as part of a friends and family type get together, and at one point we took him to a Japanese steak house that had a teppanyaki counter. Teppanyaki, for those not familiar, is what you're picturing in your head when you think of a Benihana restaurant where the chef tosses the food around and into his hat. My cousin, who grew up all his life on the East Coast of the United States, said "oh, you mean hibachi cooking" when I described this. I, and actually everyone else at the table, stared at him. "Hibachi" cooking is what everyone in the western world calls "grilling." A hibachi is a (kind of) Japanese charcoal grill. There is no restaurant in the world that does Teppanyaki cooking on a hibachi, because that would be insane.

However, I actually stopped to look it up. Apparently in many parts of the US, including especially on the East Coast, teppanyaki restaurants are actually referred to as "hibachi" style restaurants. They've appropriated the wrong word to describe these restaurants, and no one corrected them.

So is he right or is he wrong? In my opinion, he's wrong, and I explained it to him. You might find "hibachi-style restaurant" in an online dictionary somewhere describing what is a teppanyaki style restaurant, but no amount of Google entries makes it right. It just means a lot of Americans are wrong about a Japanese thing.

A dictionary can describe how people use a word, but it cannot tell you, in and of itself, if that usage is "correct." For that, you need to go beyond dictionaries and into the world of contextual linguistics.
    this is all very interesting, but doesn't answer my question. How is this thread nepotistic?

answer: it's not.
    The implication was that because the moderators love me so much they will let me make a thread about pizza without banning me. This is something you might think, if you were not a long time forum poster that has seen this topic come up off and on since practically the beginning of the forums, and was a running gag in several of the server-downtime forum threads that popped up over the years.

As I've said in other places, being a forum Guardian doesn't grant more latitude in posting, it actually holds the Guardians to a higher standard when it comes to forum conduct. Nothing prevents us from being, say, critical of the game, but while most posters simply have to not break the rules, we're supposed to conduct ourselves better than that bare minimum standard.
    Werewrym said:

flygamer said:

Depends on how you define fruit... Are you looking at seeds or flavor? If it’s the sweet flavor that defines fruit than I’d argue that tomatoes are in fact vegetables.

DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

flygamer said:

Sweet tomatoes are a type of tomato. Tomatoes are not inherently sweet.
    Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

flygamer said:

Are all fruit sweet?
    DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

Werewrym said:

flygamer said:

Are all fruit sweet?
    Once again, it all depends on the definition, if we go with what started this discussion (the defining characteristic of fruit being its sweet taste) then yes all fruits are sweet.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    "Scientifically speaking, a tomato is definitely a fruit. True fruits are developed from the ovary in the base of the flower, and contain the seeds of the plant (though cultivated forms may be seedless). Blueberries, raspberries, and oranges are true fruits, and so are many kinds of nut."

https://www.lexico.com/explore/is-a-tomato-a-fruit-or-a-vegetable
    Jestress said:

pineapple, pepperoni, and jalapeno. best pizza on the market.

From a culinary point of view, it's balanced in terms of flavors. Sweet, Salty, Savory, Sour, Spicy....and bitter pizza lovers. Hahahaha!
  • DNA3000 said:

That's an awfully small Sweet Tomatoes 😀 (assume the inside continues back into the red portion of building)

*And guess Dan Quayle was right, if the plural form of a word adds an “s”, then the singular form is indeed TOMATOE.

DNA3000 said:

That's an awfully small Sweet Tomatoes 😀 (assume the inside continues back into the red portion of building)

*And guess Dan Quayle was right, if the plural form of a word adds an “s”, then the singular form is indeed TOMATOE.
    Must be an American chain, I assume? Never seen one here.
  • A large basically Salad and Soup (buffet) restaurant. Not as common as other chains, but large enough.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Best post of 2020 so far 😂
    Jestress said:

DNA3000 said:

Jackd1989 said:

God-tier:

Demi-god tier:

Pretty useful tier:

Meme tier:

Dude totino's pizza rolls are not meme tier. Bite your tongue, sir.
    Totino's pizza rolls are the King Groot of pizza. If you're using occasionally for fun, it's better than everyone says it is. If you're using constantly, something has definitely gone wrong with your life.
  • Tortino's Pizza Rolls, stuffed inside of Hot Pockets, stuffed inside a Stromboli...

The “turducken” of pizzas 😀😀😀

Tortino's Pizza Rolls, stuffed inside of Hot Pockets, stuffed inside a Stromboli...

The “turducken” of pizzas 😀😀😀

I sense a new Youtube channel in the making.
  • GoldenGoatGoldenGoat Posts: 10
    Covid-19 is caused by 5g, strengthen your immune systems.

Some people just don't like their sweets. Pineapple is a great addition
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020

Fruits are sweet.
    People say that a tomato is a berry, which is a type of fruit. Therefore, it has to be sweet to be a fruit, or a berry.
    Tomato is not a sweet, it is acidic. Therefore it is not a fruit.

QED

Fruits are sweet.
    People say that a tomato is a berry, which is a type of fruit. Therefore, it has to be sweet to be a fruit, or a berry.
    Tomato is not a sweet, it is acidic. Therefore it is not a fruit.

QED

Dictionaries are descriptive, not defining. Some fruits are inedible, meaning they can't be eaten as food. Some fruits, like plantains or avocados, are not sweet.

An example of something that is in general not sweet but the overwhelming majority of people consider to be a fruit, and virtually no one would call a vegetable, are lemons.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Pineapple is delicious on pizza when paired with two other ingredients: chicken and jalapeños. Fact.
    SDP said:

Pineapple is delicious on pizza when paired with two other ingredients: chicken and jalapeños. Fact.

As Nick Fury would say, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie but I'll never know.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

SDP said:

As Nick Fury would say, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie but I'll never know.
    I recognize and appreciate your reference, but it’s “cause I wouldn’t eat the filthy MFer”

Hehe