**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

is 5* Corvus Glaive outdated for 6.4?

As the title says I was wondering if Corvus Glaive has reached his limits with 6.4... I have a 5/65 CG and I feel it's tough to ramp him up in 6.4.1, it takes a while so you have these long intervals where you basically do no to little damage. What do you think? did you use him in your run?

Comments

• PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    edited March 2020
    Nope he is not. I have used my 5/65 on a lot of paths still sometimes you will have to fight through the phase without his glaive charges. But he has surprisingly still had a lot of use for some paths. Currently explored 6.4.1-6.4.4 have 5 paths left on 6.4.5 and 4 paths on 6.4.6

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    More data points please...currently debating whether it’s worth it to R5 CG for story content only. I’m well aware he has plenty of uses still in AQ/AW. I’ve only made initial inroads into 6.3, but am still undecided.

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Zola
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Yes, he is. The purpose of Corvus is to get the enemy down in 20 hits and you need to boost heavy and sometimes will still not accomplish that. I would say all of act 6.4 is meant for r3 6 stars but the health pools especially effect Corvus.
  • kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 220 ★★
    CG is definitely worth the r5, you will use him outside of act 6, especially in EQ. But when it comes to act 6.4 I find it way harder to ramp him up than in act 6.3, probably because of health pools and attack rating
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    Slap a 200% Cosmic Boost and it's super easy to cycle Sp2s for charges in 6.4
    That’s my issue. I realize a R4 doesn’t really hit that hard in today’s game, especially when facing huge health pools. And I realize he is a fantastic champ when he’s ramped up.

The latter half of Act 6 seems to lean heavily on matchup-specific matches. Where CG fits in that dynamic is what I’m trying to understand.

Dr. Zola
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    I didn't use him once past 6.1 because I personally don't like fighting through the glaive recharge time, but plenty of people use him in act 6, he's especially good for the bosses if you know you won't solo, because his burst damage is still top notch and he can get huge chunks in before you have to revive and try again.

BTW if you do AQ Map6/7 then R5 corvus is still incredibly useful as well as for war. Duped Corvus is borderline unfair in AQ because you can cheese every fight.
    @Evangelionlovr no doubt about that. He still tears up AQ and most AW and a lot of EQ.

Dr. Zola
    edited March 2020
    DrZola said:

That’s my issue. I realize a R4 doesn’t really hit that hard in today’s game, especially when facing huge health pools. And I realize he is a fantastic champ when he’s ramped up.

The latter half of Act 6 seems to lean heavily on matchup-specific matches. Where CG fits in that dynamic is what I’m trying to understand.

Dr. Zola

He's still good, but you're not going to get through the 200 - 300k HP opponents without your glaive charges needing a reset. The only real issue with this outside of impatience (for me) is you also lose a lot of your immunities (death, Bleed, Shock and Coldsnap immunities all tied to the Glaive Charges). So if you are thinking of using him for, say a biohazard path, you have to dance around without attacking for those 30 seconds while he recharges.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    My 6/2 worked great against all the bosses in 6.4.
    Bet you didn't solo them though ^^
    Also a 6R2 has more attack than a 5R5, so his burst would be even better than what the OP (and Zola) are asking.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Yes he is. I didn’t use him for a single fight.
    I don’t run suicides so it was even worse for me.

The health pools are too large
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    DrZola said:

More data points please...currently debating whether it’s worth it to R5 CG for story content only. I’m well aware he has plenty of uses still in AQ/AW. I’ve only made initial inroads into 6.3, but am still undecided.

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Zola

My 6* r2 corvus practically did every single boss fight in 6.4 except the adaptiod and some of cmm. I dont run suicides just means for me the fights take a little longer.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I’m not a huge fan of him as I don’t run suicides - only got DE unlocked so far - and I didn’t use him for most of 6.4 as I can’t place with suicides on.

That said, for 6.4.6 I put my ½ suicides on and boosted up and slapped on a power boost and he tore it up. With full suicides you’d have got away with smaller boosts too.

For the grandmaster he’s amazing, especially for that 1% as you’ve got extra insurance from his glaive immunity if, like me, you can’t quake.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Appreciate this post considering I have 5* rank 4/55 Corvus and he is a beast. Not to mention he isn't even awakened yet.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★

Bet you didn't solo them though ^^

Only Darkhawk
  • CyporgCyporg Posts: 285 ★★
    Not at all, I used mine several times, in conjunction with Proxima, to get true strike. He was an important part of my roster for several maps in getting completion for 6.4
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I think he's outdated, yeah. I have a 6 star rank 2 one and I didn't bother bringing him into 6.4 at all, I rarely even use him for exploring Act 6 (working through 6.2 right now and it freaking sucks, I hate all the gates and paths). It's too hard to ramp him up and even when he is ramped up fully, which isn't often, the fights are still longer than they would be with someone like Captain Sparkles (serious MVP for 6.2 exploration btw).
    Good points. So if not Corvus, then who? I see one vote for CMM.

Dr. Zola
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Corvus.

As much as 20 charges is a limitation, there are ways to maximize the 20 charges and after ramping him up for 1-2 fights, he’s pretty alright for harder content. Not to mention he heals pretty substantially from suicides.

That being said, CMM is a solid choice too. I’m waiting for a 6* one myself. Got the AG and T5C ready. 😂
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    I’m haven’t use my covus in act6 6.4 not because he ain’t good just because I’m can’t hav to longer fight because my abtily to failing because I’m Hav run sucide very long it hasn’t done my skill better and the same with ghost ect she end most fights before covus but that’s don’t help me at all without ghost I’m ain’t that’s skil anymore with I’m need to do something abudt
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    Gamer said:

I’m haven’t use my covus in act6 6.4 not because he ain’t good just because I’m can’t hav to longer fight because my abtily to failing because I’m Hav run sucide very long it hasn’t done my skill better and the same with ghost ect she end most fights before covus but that’s don’t help me at all without ghost I’m ain’t that’s skil anymore with I’m need to do something abudt

What are you saying? I don’t understand any of it
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Fintech said:

I used him for a path in 6.4.6 and took a good chunk out of Grandmaster with him so no i don't think he is outdated, fights just take longer than 20 to 30 hits

@Fintech I know this is an old post. But do you remember what path you used him for? I am about to do my initial completion, and only have 6.4.6 to do. Corvus is my main path clearer.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Fintech said:

I used him for a path in 6.4.6 and took a good chunk out of Grandmaster with him so no i don't think he is outdated, fights just take longer than 20 to 30 hits

@Fintech I know this is an old post. But do you remember what path you used him for? I am about to do my initial completion, and only have 6.4.6 to do. Corvus is my main path clearer.
    He probably did the masochism path with Corvus