**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Terribly handled AW issue.

Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
Not sure why it’s acceptable to extend the rewards payout by a week and inconvenience everyone further rather then just ending the season a bit earlier instead?
The initial technical mistake is fine, those things happen but the way that initial mistake has been subsequently handled is a farce.
Players and alliance leaders/officers being further inconvenienced every step of the process.
Really Scratching my head at this one, don’t like to repeat it but honestly smacks of terrible leadership.
Wise up

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

I just hope they delay the next season starting a week also. If alliances can't change members until they receive the delayed rewards how will this leave alliances time to find and replace players?

They should extend it but probably won't. You can still find players before people can move. Just have to line the move up for after rewards drop. Hopefully it at least somewhat lines up with AQ being off
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Not sure why it’s acceptable to extend the rewards payout by a week and inconvenience everyone further rather then just ending the season a bit earlier instead?

If they did that you'd have players complaining that on top of losing a war due to the bug Kabam would be compounding the error by shortening the season even more at the end, reducing their ability to climb up in the ranks, and whoever thought that idea up must be the dumbest developer at Kabam.

No matter how obvious an idea seems to you, there's thousands of players that think its dumb. There is no obvious way to resolve the problem that everyone would agree with, and I don't see your suggestion as being obviously better (or worse) than what's happening now.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

If they did that you'd have players complaining that on top of losing a war due to the bug Kabam would be compounding the error by shortening the season even more at the end, reducing their ability to climb up in the ranks, and whoever thought that idea up must be the dumbest developer at Kabam.

No matter how obvious an idea seems to you, there's thousands of players that think its dumb. There is no obvious way to resolve the problem that everyone would agree with, and I don't see your suggestion as being obviously better (or worse) than what's happening now.
    The war was being corrected so no-one loses out to that.
    Shortening the season or admitting that it’s compromised Is admitting fault. Payout people where they finished and bring forward the next season.
    Players might be unhappy but no-one is inconvenienced like they are with this scenario. You’re also going to have players being kicked and getting nothing for their troubles.
    On top of this going into these last 2 wars there is no way to tell where you are on the leaderboard, we’re all going blind which means we may be wasting hard earned items we otherwise would not have to.
    Many More negatives in continuing down this road then just admitting fault at the first step and getting on with it.

DNA3000 said:

Shortening the season or admitting that it’s compromised Is admitting fault. Payout people where they finished and bring forward the next season.
    Players might be unhappy but no-one is inconvenienced like they are with this scenario. You’re also going to have players being kicked and getting nothing for their troubles.
    On top of this going into these last 2 wars there is no way to tell where you are on the leaderboard, we’re all going blind which means we may be wasting hard earned items we otherwise would not have to.
    Many More negatives in continuing down this road then just admitting fault at the first step and getting on with it.
    You're missing the point. I'm not suggesting you can't come up with all kinds of reasons why you think the current course of action is wrong. I'm saying lots of people will be able to come up with all kinds of reasons why your idea is worse. That's not theory, that's history. Its already happened before when seasons have been cut short. You might disagree with them, but then all you're saying is Kabam should do what you want and not what they want because you're obviously right and all of them are obviously wrong.

Which is what they would say as well. You are clearly willing to dismiss the complaint that a shorter season reduces the ability for alliances to climb leaderboards as "no one is inconvenienced." But that's a very singular perspective.

I actually argued *for* the shorter season the last time. But there's a huge difference with believing my way is right and thinking that if Kabam doesn't so what I say that "smacks of terrible leadership." The people who disagree with you aren't terrible. Maybe you're just wrong. Or maybe there is no objectively best way to proceed, and it is a question of judgment.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

You're missing the point. I'm not suggesting you can't come up with all kinds of reasons why you think the current course of action is wrong. I'm saying lots of people will be able to come up with all kinds of reasons why your idea is worse. That's not theory, that's history. Its already happened before when seasons have been cut short. You might disagree with them, but then all you're saying is Kabam should do what you want and not what they want because you're obviously right and all of them are obviously wrong.

Which is what they would say as well. You are clearly willing to dismiss the complaint that a shorter season reduces the ability for alliances to climb leaderboards as "no one is inconvenienced." But that's a very singular perspective.

I actually argued *for* the shorter season the last time. But there's a huge difference with believing my way is right and thinking that if Kabam doesn't so what I say that "smacks of terrible leadership." The people who disagree with you aren't terrible. Maybe you're just wrong. Or maybe there is no objectively best way to proceed, and it is a question of judgment.
    What player is unhappy with receiving rewards 2 weeks earlier then expected and then getting the chance to climb those tiers again if you bring a season forward?
    The reason I say terrible leadership isn’t because I think I’m right, it’s because by letting this play out instead of putting a stop to it the people at fault are letting it impact more and more of their customers.
    Putting a stop to the season may have inconvenienced some but getting season rewards 2 weeks earlier would have softened that impact.
    How is it good judgment to extend this situation for a further 3 weeks then it needed to?
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    It’s a colossal screw up which results in a season compromised and many who will be adversely impacted. Reality is once the screw up happened the only way to have avoided it was to cancel the season at that point. Now that it has continued it is what it is. The rewards being delayed means little and as the season rewards are really nothing that special to begin with. Hopefully for the players sake they get their act together going forward
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

What player is unhappy with receiving rewards 2 weeks earlier then expected and then getting the chance to climb those tiers again if you bring a season forward?
    The reason I say terrible leadership isn’t because I think I’m right, it’s because by letting this play out instead of putting a stop to it the people at fault are letting it impact more and more of their customers.
    Putting a stop to the season may have inconvenienced some but getting season rewards 2 weeks earlier would have softened that impact.
    How is it good judgment to extend this situation for a further 3 weeks then it needed to?
    Those alliances that are at like the top 100 of their current war ranking(gold 2/silver 1/etc) and only need 1 or 2 more wins to reach the next rank haha.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★

It’s a colossal screw up which results in a season compromised and many who will be adversely impacted. Reality is once the screw up happened the only way to have avoided it was to cancel the season at that point. Now that it has continued it is what it is. The rewards being delayed means little and as the season rewards are really nothing that special to begin with. Hopefully for the players sake they get their act together going forward

You can't have a Season with 4 Wars on the board.

Says who?
    Don’t even have to call it a season. All they had to do was cop their mistake on the chin, payout rewards and bring forward the next season.

The fault is theirs not the player bases yet the player base has been continually negatively impacted by the way it’s been handled.

When you mess up you should minimise the fallout instead of making everyone else suffer because of circumstances outside of their control.
    edited March 2020

Says who?
    Don’t even have to call it a season. All they had to do was cop their mistake on the chin, payout rewards and bring forward the next season.

The fault is theirs not the player bases yet the player base has been continually negatively impacted by the way it’s been handled.

When you mess up you should minimise the fallout instead of making everyone else suffer because of circumstances outside of their control.
    In order to pay out Rewards, you'd have to call it a Season. 4 Wars isn't significant enough for that payout. As for continually, that's not true at all. The only thing that remains for fallout is the delay. The rest is being handled. You can't adjust Points while it's running.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,972 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

How can people be unhappy and not inconvenienced? Also not everyone is in the same position as you. We're fighting for plat 4 and we know if we win these wars, we'll reach plat 4. Ending the season early means alliances that pushed hard and used items to get to where they are now is wasted if they are prevented from reaching their goals.
    Plus, if they ended the Season a week earlier, you'd be down more Wars when you're already down one, and people would still complain they had to wait a week to get the Rewards. Either way, it's going to take them time to make adjustments.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,972 ★★★★★

Says who?

Also in what world haven't they admitted to the mistake? I keep seeing people saying this but they've made it know there was an error on their side and even gave everyone Win condition rewards. Hows that not admitting their mistake?
    edited March 2020
    How can people be unhappy and not inconvenienced? Also not everyone is in the same position as you. We're fighting for plat 4 and we know if we win these wars, we'll reach plat 4. Ending the season early means alliances that pushed hard and used items to get to where they are now is wasted if they are prevented from reaching their goals.

You would have received rewards 2 weeks earlier, used half the items you would have then usual for them and then had the option to go again with the next season pushed forward. Unhappy but not really inconvenienced all that much.
    Everyone pushed hard in the opening weeks, what’s happening now is many not knowing where the actually stand.
    Alliances are also having the onus put onto them to hold onto members a week longer so they can collect.

Your way negatively impacts players also, just in a way you don't care about, or are unable to see. But clearly someone else needs to explain it to you, because even though I literally stated explicitly in what way this is apparently an insufficient effort.
    DNA3000 said:

Your way negatively impacts players also, just in a way you don't care about, or are unable to see. But clearly someone else needs to explain it to you, because even though I literally stated explicitly in what way this is apparently an insufficient effort.
    Snarky. Admitting the season was compromised and stopping it while paying out rewards isn’t really negatively impacting all that many is it? I’ve tried to address that though yet you seem intent on selectively quoting me.

DNA3000 said:

Snarky. Admitting the season was compromised and stopping it while paying out rewards isn’t really negatively impacting all that many is it? I’ve tried to address that though yet you seem intent on selectively quoting me.

I'm selecting the part that focuses on the core issue, but if you think you've been somehow quoted out of context, then here's the entire post I'm responding to in full, and the exact same reply for whatever purpose that would serve:

Says who?

DNA3000 said:

Does the rest of your text offer some additional clarity or context? If so, here it is. It doesn't change my reply, it just slightly obfuscates it. But I think everyone who understands the situation already understands my reply, so this bit of obfuscation hurts nothing.

I respond for two purposes: to reply to the poster, and to express for the rest of the readers. I'm pretty sure I've accomplished the latter, and I'm pretty sure I have done all I can to serve the former.

You would have received rewards 2 weeks earlier, used half the items you would have then usual for them and then had the option to go again with the next season pushed forward. Unhappy but not really inconvenienced all that much.
    Everyone pushed hard in the opening weeks, what’s happening now is many not knowing where the actually stand.
    Alliances are also having the onus put onto them to hold onto members a week longer so they can collect.

You would have received less Rewards had they gone that route because the Rewards are calculated for a specific amount of time. A Season gives what a Season gives because a Season takes what a Season takes.
    The Top 3000 know where they stand. It's been posted.
    Holding on to Members for a week shouldn't be an inconvenience to that many Allies, unless there's a turnover rate of every Season. I would hardly call it extraneous to wait a week so someone can collect their Rewards.
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 267 ★★★
    This has been briefly touched upon by some comments above but I'd like to develop it further coz when it comes to "inconvenience" this is what it means to me.

As a leader, I'm not a fan of Seasons. All complications the mode has aside (rampant manipulation by allis, sudden system bugs, etc), since its implementation it has shortened the window of recruitment enormously.

If you want to be "fair" you got to hang on to people you'd have replaced longer than you would've otherwise.

And as for "preparing before the season ends", I suppose if your alliance is in a considerably high position you get ppl requesting to join without recruiters having to lift a finger. But for the thousands of Gold allis that's not so simple. Most players that fit these brackets sit tight until season payout, but they also wait for AQ payout before they start looking for a new home.

(The only good thing about SA rewards being so outdated now is that people don't care so much about those anymore. Coz that used to be another bothersome factor taken into account by ppl moving teams).

If you have time to spare I suppose you can go on poaching missions. Do those work? Too rarely to be worth the hasle in my experience.

Then when you manage to find someone interested in what you can offer them, the new member(s) need to be tried and tested for a few days in both AQ and AW. If they only talk the talk during recruitment but don't walk the walk when it's play time? We got to go searching again. And fast.

So yeh. Incovenient big time :/

At the moment we don't know how long the break between seasons will be, but just want to put it out there that for many of us managing alliances, one week would be way too short.
    No. What it would have done is short change many Alliances and end early, giving a fraction of the Rewards, all over one War being down. Just so people wouldn't have to wait a week to get full Rewards.
    edited March 2020

No. What it would have done is short change many Alliances and end early, giving a fraction of the Rewards, all over one War being down. Just so people wouldn't have to wait a week to get full Rewards.

Why are you working under the premise that people would have only received a fraction of rewards? The season was compromised, payout, cop it. Move on. Save’s everyone the pain and brings about the new one for those who are upset they didn’t have the chance to climb the leaderboard or tiers as others are suggesting.
    You seem to think that because you only played 4 wars you’re only untitled t 4 wars worth of a seasons rewards regardless of a dev mistake or not?
    Is there a reason for this? Are you on the compensation team or were receiving updates on potential outcomes for the issue?
    What situation makes you think they would give full Season Rewards for 4 successful Wars and one compromised War, when the issue was resolved before the 6th?

What situation makes you think they would give full Season Rewards for 4 successful Wars and one compromised War, when the issue was resolved before the 6th?

The current situation makes me think that’s what should have been done. Thought that much is about obvious.
    The issue isn’t resolved, it’s still ongoing.
    It also has the potential to create even more issues and impact a lot more people then original issue did in the first place.

The current situation makes me think that’s what should have been done. Thought that much is about obvious.
    It also has the potential to create even more issues and impact a lot more people then original issue did in the first place.

No. The issue is what caused the War to crash to begin with. That's been resolved since War 5. It's not continuing and impacting more and more people. The erroneous War Points are being removed, the War Rating of the losing side has been returned, the winning side's War Rating has been allowed to stay to correct things, all Allies are receiving Win Rewards for that War, and any Alliances that may still be adversely affected will be dealt with when the Season is over. It's being addressed. Just not immediately. Which means people will have to wait up to a week. That's the only effect, and it's understandable because you can't do much when the Season is running. No one said full Season Rewards were on the table. That's something people decided should happen. For 4 Wars. An entire Season of Rewards for 4 Wars isn't reasonable.

No. The issue is what caused the War to crash to begin with. That's been resolved since War 5. It's not continuing and impacting more and more people. The erroneous War Points are being removed, the War Rating of the losing side has been returned, the winning side's War Rating has been allowed to stay to correct things, all Allies are receiving Win Rewards for that War, and any Alliances that may still be adversely affected will be dealt with when the Season is over. It's being addressed. Just not immediately. Which means people will have to wait up to a week. That's the only effect, and it's understandable because you can't do much when the Season is running. No one said full Season Rewards were on the table. That's something people decided should happen. For 4 Wars. An entire Season of Rewards for 4 Wars isn't reasonable.
    The issue is the human issue, nowhere have I been talking about the technical issue not being fixed. You’re twisting words.
    We’re still dealing with the fallout from the original issue therefor the issue is still ongoing with potential of alliances not being able to move on players or having players kicked and not receiving rewards. I Also doubt they’re adjusting scores for the rest of the season regarding what tier you would have been in at the time and there is no accounting for the skewed matchups that resulted in the dropping or ascending of tiers after 5 and 6.
    Also having an impact on the alliances below 3000 currently.
    Why is this even a debate?
    You don’t think it’s reasonable because thats your modus operandi.
    The rewards were coming to players anyway, they’re not a compensation package but rather an admitting of a mistake and moving onto the next season rather then letting it effect the subsequent weeks ahead like they are.
    I’ve been over this.
    I think it’s bad leadership to have let this develop rather then stopping it where it stood.
    Debate the semantics and try and twist words all you like.
    There's never been any accounting for where Alliances would have been. That's just not a palpable thing. You can't undo the progress made after War 5.
    All you can do is move forward and make adjustments accordingly.
    🙄😵
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★

Neotwism said:

I just hope they delay the next season starting a week also. If alliances can't change members until they receive the delayed rewards how will this leave alliances time to find and replace players?

They should extend it but probably won't. You can still find players before people can move. Just have to line the move up for after rewards drop. Hopefully it at least somewhat lines up with AQ being off
    Why should their mistake be our problem?
This discussion has been closed.