**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The downside of presteige in AQ

So 6 months or so ago before I took a 3 or 4 month break I was running map 5 daily and just mowing everything down with 4 star corvus.. Which I will admit was boring at times but still would net those much needed rewards..but after my 4 month break I come back and most alliances have either been running map 4 for so long that their prestige is too high to attempt map 5 or have been running map 5 so long that every single Member has a team of maxed 5 stars and prestige is so high that a single 4 hit combo will kill an r4 5 star that isnt at a class advantage.. Factor in the fact that there are so many people stepping down from map 6 and 7 (which kabam has announced will be getting even harder soon) or going semi retired because they cant keep up in wars or just want to be able to quest with their spare maxed champs and its easy to see that progression is reaching a point where there are tons of players with 800k-1 mil+ base hero rating running map 5 and making it too hard for those of us with only a few r4 4 stars when you consider the fact that we need that class advantage to be able to run it and most alliances are not willing to give the weaker player the path they need when they could easily replace them with mr. Semi retired who has almost triple their base hero rating and ranked up 6 stars instead..this makes what was once the low mid tier player now the below average player just because of roster limitations that will be hard to obtain by running map 4 daily with ease.. I'm not saying that the prestige system is a bad idea but I do feel the progression of prestige is hitting a bit too hard too fast and I feel there should be a way to control it and help up folks with only rank 4 5 stars stay relevant long enoughto max said 5 stars..

Comments

• Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    I meant to say that they were making it harder for those of us with just a few r4 5 stars.. Just wanted to fix that error I made
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Then maybe you should drop to a lower prestige alliance.

The entire alliance shouldn’t be only about you, especially after going for a 4 month break.
    First off no one said an entire alliance was about me not did I mention any particular alliance because it isn't effecting just one alliance.. The prestige issue is creating too big of a gap for the rewards it gives so the options are basically run a painfully easy map 4 and wait 6 months to max a single 5 star or have max 5 stars and run map 5..soon enough r3 6 stars will be a big thing leaving those with max 5 stars behind in map 5
  • PeaRatPeaRat Posts: 152
    In a decent prestige alliance you can run map 5 with R3/R4 5*s with no problems. But it all depends on your skill level too. If you can’t run map 5 with your current champs then move down to a lower prestige alliance or lower AQ maps.
    Prestige is a huge factor in the game and shouldn’t be changes at all imo.
  • PitPenguinsPitPenguins Posts: 22
    Urkel2 said:

First off no one said an entire alliance was about me not did I mention any particular alliance because it isn't effecting just one alliance.. The prestige issue is creating too big of a gap for the rewards it gives so the options are basically run a painfully easy map 4 and wait 6 months to max a single 5 star or have max 5 stars and run map 5..soon enough r3 6 stars will be a big thing leaving those with max 5 stars behind in map 5

Everyone who is running map 7 now spent months running map 5 with 4* champs. It's not the champs you're using that is the issue.

Urkel2 said:

Everyone who is running map 7 now spent months running map 5 with 4* champs. It's not the champs you're using that is the issue.
    I also spent months running map 5 with 4 star champs... There are Very few of those running map 6 now who could still run map 5 with 4 stars now having their current prestige in the same alliance..at least not without an assigned path to prepare for..its easy to assume that when someone has an issue its skill related but that isn't always the case..i have no trouble completing monthly uncollected event quests with those exact same r4 5 star champs..
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    edited March 2020
    the downside is that someone have a bad rooster to be in high prestige alliance my AQ team is 6 star cap sparkles 5 star Ghulk and 5 star Angela
  • I understand that you feel a bit left behind, but nothing remains stagnant. You take a break for 4 months, there's consequences. You don't progress, others do. You have to locate an Alliance that's geared towards your current state of progression. Higher Prestige Alliances get better rewards because they put in the work to get that Prestige.

So for now, best to just find something suitable for your current state, and work your way up. The system itself is fine. It's doing exactly what it has always done. Rewarding more to those who've put in the work. Just need to get on the grind and get those champs ranked up to keep up!
    Ozzieont said:

the downside is that someone have a bad rooster to be in high prestige alliance my AQ team is 6 star cap sparkles 5 star Ghulk and 5 star Angela

That only further proves my point that people with ranked up 6 stars running map 5 because they fear map 6 are making it hard for the little guy to survive...im sure those 5 stars are maxed as well which makes your post even more pointless...