**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Opening crystals

Opening crystals can be frustrating especially when you get super close to what you want so when you open crystals try and get your crystal to come from the bottom right corner it is not guaranteed but it does increase your chances and if you have a bunch of unites you can buy lets say a phc then that well almost be garnered a three star if lucky a four star thank you for your time and have an good day

Comments

• RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    That doesn't work. Where your crystal comes from when you are about to open them has no influence whatsoever on the result of the opening. The same goes for any other weird tacky moves you need to do to supposedly "increase your chances of getting good".

Your crystal drop is determined as soon as you place the crystal onto the opener, or when you open them immediately. Nothing before this influences the drop, unless the crystal description has stated otherwise (eg. chances to get 4* are doubled for this crystal).
  • It worked for me
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The Drop Rate is not changed by method of opening or amount of Crystals. Each Crystal is an individual outcome generated. When you click Open or Spin, the computer generates an outcome for each separately. Doesn't matter how you open it.
  • SpinoSpino Posts: 241
    Urban legends die hard
  • Hey Kzgamer! There are many methods that players use to try to get a bit of a shine from Lady Luck or Godiva, or whomever, which include (but aren't limited to): Letting it spin out fully, "Spin one , open nine", closing your eyes, changing which finger you use to tap to open and so on. I myself even tried dragging the Crystal into place using the tip of my nose one time.

While the results of this are debatable at best, one thing does remain constant... As a safety measure to make sure your Champ isn't lost should any technical difficulties unfortunately arise, the Crystal is also spun on the server side.

There's a bit more information about it here.

This means that when the Crystal has been either opened using the button or begun slowing down, the drop has been determined at this point and both methods offer the same drop rate and are just as random as each other.

As we've touched on drop rates many times before, I'll be closing this thread down, but I hope mine and the rest of our great user's have been able to shed some light on this for you!
This discussion has been closed.