**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Adding higher potency alliance pots and making them unit only

13»

Comments

• Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 198 ★★

Jack0312 said:

@Kabam Miike it will be very messy in the inventory, in the stores...
    Will the potency be updated for those bought with units AND glory ? Or only for those bought with units ?
    And why did you (the dev team) split the potions/revives into 2 types ?
    I don't understand the purpose behind this... One type of alliance ressource is enough !
    Thanks for the answer ;)

That's already been answered in this thread. Glory pots will stay the same and we'll have 2 additional inventory slots for the same level pot for the new additions
    @Worknprogress I've read that but I wanted to be sure.
    If they don't change the potency of the pots/revives in the glory store, this will be very unfair : you'll be forced to pay units/€/$ if you want to use less objects for the same amount of life healed !

For example in AW : we're limited to 15 objects BUT 1 object for a spender will not have the same value as the same for a non/moderate spender or just a guy who doesn't have units or don't want to spend units to spare objects.
    Everybody wanted an increase of the potency of these pots/revives, but the regular ones !
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Jack0312 said:

Jack0312 said:

Will the potency be updated for those bought with units AND glory ? Or only for those bought with units ?
    I don't understand the purpose behind this... One type of alliance ressource is enough !
    Thanks for the answer ;)

That's already been answered in this thread. Glory pots will stay the same and we'll have 2 additional inventory slots for the same level pot for the new additions
    If they don't change the potency of the pots/revives in the glory store, this will be very unfair : you'll be forced to pay units/€/$ if you want to use less objects for the same amount of life healed !

For example in AW : we're limited to 15 objects BUT 1 object for a spender will not have the same value as the same for a non/moderate spender or just a guy who doesn't have units or don't want to spend units to spare objects.
    Everybody wanted an increase of the potency of these pots/revives, but the regular ones !
    He said specifically they wanted people that used units to have better value so the intent was achieved.

I've said repeatedly that I'm not a fan but I still get it. At least this way you can occasionally buy a few of the big pots with grinded units to keep for emergency stash and continue to run alliance events with glory items
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Jack0312 said:

Jack0312 said:

Thanks for the answer ;)

The only thing that is "fair" is no potion use at all. Any amount of potions, whether they cost glory or units, creates some form of unfairness. All players don't have equal access to glory. All players don't have equal amounts of units. Yes it is unfair, but it is just a different kind of unfair.

I'm genuinely very curious to see how this all shakes out. The highest number of disagrees I ever get on posts comes from posts where I argue that the whole point to F2P monetization is to sell as little as possible while still making enough money to support the game, so that the spenders get something, but the advantage of spending is as little as possible. In effect, players vote with their cash how much value the game should be giving. It is like a kind of reverse auction. We spend, or not spend, and that determines how much stuff the game sells. I argue this is healthy for the game, because spenders are happy to buy things and non-spenders are happy that the spenders aren't getting too much. About a quarter of my disagrees and lols come from these kinds of posts alone.

So I'm very curious to see if the people complaining about unit potions being an unfair advantage over glory potions have any kind of numbers or sustainability, or if a month from now they'll turn out to be an insignificant minority. I really wouldn't bet money either way at the moment.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    This is hot garbage. It makes me less interested in war. No interest in burning units for war, but now people who do can heal up more using fewer items? Don’t like the direction this is going.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,329 ★★★★★
    If glory store is being unchanged then there needs to be a bigger health pot in glory as i use champs around 30k+ one is almost 40k it takes 6 heals to get good health and just to keep doing that each war is very costly in glory, even if using units thats a lot each war and seeing the potency of the ones from units isnt fair to those that dont grind arena as they dont like it or its boring to do. We need a change in glory health pots too or its not gonna match people who can spend units on them higher potency to those that cant.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I looked at the unit prices and its honestly could've been worse given their history. I think the better thing to do is to continue to use the glory potions and make sure you get lanes that your roster can easily handle. AW has been a joke for quite sometime and if you all collectively stopped used items you will find the game a lot less stressful.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    The fact that now they separate the alliance pots by war and quest is disturbing enough. So, if you want a stash of items as a just in case safeguard, you have to buy double the amount of items. So, 160 units where you once spent 100. The value increases with the large health pool.

What concerns me is the Alliance War specific boosts... will Kabam introduce solo and AQ boosts and then phase out the generic boosts? In my experience it is only a matter of time before companies do this to capitalize on monetary gains. Generic items will most likely be phased out in order to make the focused ones the only way to get boosts. Players will have to buy 3 of each type instead of boosting for an hour, making moves in AW, AQ and tackling a few runs of act 6 quests.

It may not happen, but these things are done in small changes over time. I really don’t have faith that this is all Kabam’s doing in a good faith to “Help” the players. I mean, look at backdrafts intercepts and how the AI performs better as an opponent than in auto fights. Half the time my champ just stands there in auto fight. Most changes being done have improved for Kabam rather than the player base.

Just my opinion.