**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Doctor Doom Counters

TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
With the new season of AQ coming shortly
I want to know some champs that are really good against him so i can be prepared for him if you know some golf counters could you please tell me them?

Comments

• TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    I know of 4 at least Human Torch She hulk Void and Beardo
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Ghost rips him apart, so does quake in the hands of a good quake player

Great! I just finally learned how to use my R4 ghost the other day
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    havok
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Void is great for him or capiw with a tech as petrify stops his aura
  • Dannyt90Dannyt90 Posts: 38
    Corvus can work well because of his crits to counter the crit resistance.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I take on doom bosses sometimes in AW and torch does some serious work, in AQ I would imagine champs like void or beardo would do well as they are sustainable champs for the rest of the paths
  • Etjama said:

Shout-out to Spider-Gwen as well, guaranteed to evade unblockable specials.

I've personally had good success with her against Doom, though it is important to remember she isn't guaranteed to Evade Unblockable Special Attacks, but rather that her Evade chance is increased by 550% against them. That said, after she increases that Evade chance by building up a couple of Spider-Sense Charges, she'll have over 100% chance to Evade them, so that is still pretty good.

Additionally, she does apply Slow on her Heavy Attacks, which will stop Doctor Doom from activating his Aura of Hazareth. I personally try to land the Heavy to get the Slow on him while I build Spider-Sense Charges and keep it on as long as possible so he doesn't get the other benefits of the Aura. If I mistime things and the Slow expires, I still have her Evades against Unclockable Specials as a backup plan.
    spelling error, it's "unblockable" not "unclockable" @Kabam Zibiit
    Fixed.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,722 ★★★

Etjama said:

I've personally had good success with her against Doom, though it is important to remember she isn't guaranteed to Evade Unblockable Special Attacks, but rather that her Evade chance is increased by 550% against them. That said, after she increases that Evade chance by building up a couple of Spider-Sense Charges, she'll have over 100% chance to Evade them, so that is still pretty good.

Additionally, she does apply Slow on her Heavy Attacks, which will stop Doctor Doom from activating his Aura of Hazareth. I personally try to land the Heavy to get the Slow on him while I build Spider-Sense Charges and keep it on as long as possible so he doesn't get the other benefits of the Aura. If I mistime things and the Slow expires, I still have her Evades against Unblockable Specials as a backup plan.
    Thank u for ur DETAILED answer. It definitely helps instead of just saying who is good. It also gives advice as to how to use them. Thx again!
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Venom the Duck's Toxic Armor should eat him alive in that Tanky Armor of his...
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I didn’t even think about Spider-Gwen. I just pulled her as a five star recently so now seems like a good time to take her up
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Kinda sad, with Thanos, you could literally use anyone to beat him.

With Dr. Doom, there are many champs that you CAN'T use on him, and if you happen not to have one of the ones mentioned above, it is going to be pretty rough.
  • panda_mcocpanda_mcoc Posts: 32

With the new season of AQ coming shortly
    I want to know some champs that are really good against him so i can be prepared for him if you know some golf counters could you please tell me them?

I find Thing really good for him as he is immune to shock. Havok is good when shocked to ramp him up, as long as you don’t get stunned, and he is immune to incinerate. Human torch is also good.
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Quake.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    Bit of a shady move having a boss that is orders of magnitude more difficult than the one before.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

Etjama said:

Additionally, she does apply Slow on her Heavy Attacks, which will stop Doctor Doom from activating his Aura of Hazareth. I personally try to land the Heavy to get the Slow on him while I build Spider-Sense Charges and keep it on as long as possible so he doesn't get the other benefits of the Aura. If I mistime things and the Slow expires, I still have her Evades against Unblockable Specials as a backup plan.
    Yeah Spider-Gwen is one of my go to options for Doom. will probably be removing suicides to play her in AQ a bit more this season...
    People seem to misread that line about her evading unblockable specials... usually they just think she has a 550% chance to evade them; it's so frustrating.

I think she really just got left in the dust due to She-Hulk and how game-breaking she was upon her rework. If only that had never happened, then Spider-Gwen would probably be getting the respect she deserves from more of the community...
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Duped beardo, with skill synergy? Could nulify the incinerate buff?