**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A small thought about Ægon.

TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
Please note, this is not meant to discourage use or leveling of Æegon. He's a beast. We all know he is.
Ranking him up increases his damage and health (as to be expected) but isn't this kinda counterintuitive to what he's meant to do? Become more powerful the more combo he has in his bank/hit meter. Ranking him up makes him finish fights faster, ie getting less hits in his hit bank.

Comments

• MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    If you want his raw damage higher rank still achieves that. If you wanted easier access to his various bits of utility that are locked behind 500+ hits you are correct, it would hinder him in that he'd be closing fights too quickly. That being said, R4 champs do start to feel a bit flimsy in 6.3+ and you're starting to get 250-300k+ health pools on regular opponents so actually ramping him up will become easier.
  • I have decided not to rank him up further for this specific reason. A possible fix may be have his combo meter adjusted as you rank him up.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He still does more damage at a higher rank overall, but he benefits less from ranks than others due to hit ability to punch up
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,800 ★★★★★
    Cool thought,

Nevertheless, I’d take Aegons ramp up over g2099 any day, his combo meter rolls over. For guilly you have to time every fight carefully at 5% or lower which can be harder to do when shes ramped
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I see why you would think that.

The reality as I see it, is that aegon is not the most versatile champ out there. He is definitely not the answer to everything unlike champs like ghost.

He has a very specifical kind of fights and that is long fights, act 6.3, lol and abyss. There are very few champs that can manage that kind of content, amnd there's where he shines as the best.

In my opinion he is also good for aq, I always use him there becariuse of his tenacity
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    A: block damage sucks
    B: unavoidable damage sucks
    C: miserable ramp up sucks
    D: gotta reach 2000 attack for LOL
    E: increase challenge rating for AOL
    F: some people value prestige
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Terra said:

Please note, this is not meant to discourage use or leveling of Æegon. He's a beast. We all know he is.
    Ranking him up increases his damage and health (as to be expected) but isn't this kinda counterintuitive to what he's meant to do? Become more powerful the more combo he has in his bank/hit meter. Ranking him up makes him finish fights faster, ie getting less hits in his hit bank.

If you can't get enough hits, then it means your fighting weak opponents and for weak opponents, you don't need Aegon.

You'll appreciate a max Aegon more when you use him in act 6, rol, lol etc

I use him to solo the whole ROL and still have 95% health left.

https://youtu.be/0rzcIJ97sh0
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★

Sometimes in life, you need to take block damage. You can not dex and parry every hit.
    This is why you rank up aegon.

As a society we’re taking a ton of block damage right now.