**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A case study and analysis of arena grind rewards

Since there are probably a lot of people sitting at home with a lot more time to grind arena, I thought this would be a timely analysis to do now. I'm just going to toss out some numbers here, and then work my way back to them, because this is going to be a long discussion. Here they are:

5,417,277 gold 7411 units per month
42322 gold and 58 units per hour
1830 gold and 2.5 units per round

There has been a lot of discussion in the past year or two about gold being a key resource shortage in the game. This thread is not about that discussion, at least not directly. Whether there is or is not a gold shortage depends greatly on what your progress level is and how you play the game. But there's an additional wrinkle that is increasingly being suggested: that the gold shortage is different because it is insurmountable by any reasonable level of play without spending. In other words, if you play at a high enough level there's no way to earn enough gold to effectively do all the things you need to do that require gold, like rank up champs or fulfilling AQ donations for high maps. That notion seemed worthy of a more quantitative analysis. My gut instinct says that's not true, but I don't believe anyone has done the numbers to figure out exactly how much, or how little, gold you can earn in the arena. I decided to do that, and since the two are significantly linked I decided to figure out exactly how much gold and units an arena grinder can obtain.

I had to start somewhere, so the logical place to start is with me. As we'll see, there will still be a useful way to extrapolate this to other players. I'm almost certainly not a typical arena grinder: the fact that I can consistently place in the top 10% in any, or if I try every arena says that. But still, I decided to actually do all the arenas to see what I came up with. I used to grind way more, now I generally grind way less, so I wanted to see solid numbers when I actually did all the milestones deliberately. And I do mean all of them.

The bottom line: this is how many rounds I did in each arena, during the normal weekday event, points scored, and rank placement.

5* featured: 121 rounds; 16,409,861 points [1-10%]
4* featured: 61 rounds; 4,006,761 points [1-10%]
4* basic: 55 rounds; 1,514,133 points [11-25%]
3* featured: 40 rounds; 656,206 points [11-30%]
Summoner trials: 6 rounds; 25482 points [did not reach all milestones]

Yeah, I got lazy on the last one. We can estimate that one without too much difficulty: at about 6k average per round, it would have taken about 44 rounds to reach the last milestone. Let's pretend I did that. If I did that would have been 321 rounds in three days. I average 23 arena rounds per hour normally, and 25 if I really push it. At 23 rounds/hour that is just under fourteen hours, which agrees with my estimate for time spent on grinding during this period. That's four hours forty minutes per day on average. Way more than the average player, but not an extreme level of grinding for an arena grinder. What do I get for that effort?

First of all, I get all the milestones. Here they are in total (I've dropped the arena boosts as irrelevant here):

5* featured: 135 units, 19500 BC, 38000 gold, 9 PHC, 1500 PHC frag
4* featured: 135 units, 16750 BC 30750 gold, 17400 PHC frag
4* basic: 135 units, 13500 BC, 23000 gold, 14800 PHC frag
3* featured: 65 units, 9000 BC, 17500 gold, 9000 PHC frag
Summoner trials: 65 units, 6600 BC, 10600 gold, 4500 PHC frag

Total: 535 units 65350 BC, 119850 gold, 32.6 PHC (equivalent)
Weekly (two runs): 1070 units, 130700 BC, 239700 gold, 65.2 PHC

On top of that, I also did some Sunday grinding, although much less:

Crystal trove: 47 rounds; 3940404 points [11-30%]
Crystal cornucopia: 29 rounds, 1587568 points [1-5%]
Crystal splash: 22 rounds, 330099 points [1-50%]

The total milestones here come to 59000 gold combined, plus a bunch of crystals I'm going to ignore for now.

That means an entire week of this level of grinding would generate 1070 units, 130700 BC, and 298700 gold.

But wait: this doesn't include gold and BC you earn from the actual grind itself. You get gold and BC in every round. This does vary somewhat depending on what you use in the arena (sometimes) but given the amount you earn per victory, plus the bonus (assuming you win all three), minus the entry costs, this is about what I earn per round in those arenas using my typical teams:

5* featured: 480 BC, 450 gold
4* featured: 420 BC, 350 gold (375 BC 200 gold with 4*)
4* basic: 375 BC, 200 gold
3* featured: 345 BC, 250 gold
Summoner trials: 330 BC, 190 gold
Crystal trove: 420 BC, 150 gold
Crystal cornucopia: 420 BC, 150 gold
Crystal splash: 345 BC, 150 gold

I can tally up all the rounds I grinded and calculate the total BC and gold I earned actually doing all those rounds, separate from the milestone rewards. I get:

5* featured: 58080 BC, 54450 gold
4* featured: 25620 BC, 21350 gold
4* basic: 20625 BC, 11000 gold
3* featured: 13800 BC, 10000 gold
Summoner trials: 14190 BC, 8170 gold
Crystal trove: 19740 BC, 7050 gold
Crystal cornucopia: 12180 BC, 4350 gold
Crystal splash: 7590 BC, 3300 gold

Total for week (normal x 2 + sunday) = 304140 BC, 224640 gold

When I add that to the milestones, I get this:

Full week total: 434840 BC, 523340 gold, 1070 units
Monthly total (four weeks): 1739360 BC, 2093360 gold, 4280 units

One last thing. Based on my analysis of average return on arena crystals I can convert those battlechips into an average amount of gold and units using the ratio 1,000,000 BC = 1,911,000 gold and 1800 units. I get about 3323917 gold and 3131 units. So the grand total for four weeks (~one month) of grinding at this rate is:

5,417,277 gold 7411 units.

That's a lot of gold and units. And the total time spent to do this is less than five hours a day. In fact, it is about 32 hours per week, or a little more than four and a half hours per day. This means my average rate of return in grinding all of this is about 42322 gold per hour (and about 58 units per hour). Or if you prefer, it is about 1830 gold per round (also almost exactly 2.5 units per round).

Now, let's say we ignore milestone rewards entirely and just look at the gold return per round in all the arenas. Since I can estimate the gold return per battlechip as about 1.9 gold per BC, I can refactor all the net earnings per round for all the arena rounds expressed in gold:

5* featured: 1362 gold
4* featured: 1148 gold (913 gold with 4*)
4* basic: 913 gold
3* featured: 906 gold
Summoner trials: 817 gold
Crystal trove: 948 gold
Crystal cornucopia: 948 gold
Crystal splash: 806 gold

1830 gold per round isn't sustainable because a significant fraction comes from milestone rewards, and they eventually run out. So the long term best case earning rate is closer to 1200 gold per round (some blended average of the 4* basic, 4* featured, and 5* featured arenas). So the long term earning rate per hour after all milestones everywhere are exhausted are about 27,600 gold per hour, if you expend more than about five hours per day on average.

I'm sure someone by now is saying that there's no way the "average player" can grind this much arena, and that's of course true. The average player can't. But the average player can't *use* this much gold either. To put this into perspective, the Map 7x5 gold donation level is (I believe) about 440k per AQ week. That's 1.76 million gold in a month, more or less. The gold to rank up a 5* from rank 1 to rank 5 using class-correct ISO is about 2.5 million. To meet that donation level and rank two 5* champs a month from rank 1 to rank 5 would require sustaining about 6.8 million gold per month. The grind above comes pretty close to that, and that's before we count all the other rewards that are hidden amounts of gold, like the PHC crystals or the shard crystals, all of which generate champion dups and thus ISO, which can be sold for gold. Or for that matter gold earned anywhere else in the game. And it doesn't count the 7400 units a month this level of effort generates, which even if you use a fraction of on things like Cavalier crystals will also generate tons of ISO through champion dups. This also assumes anyone believes Kabam releases two rank 5-worthy champs a month, every month, that you would even want to rank up, and that you never rank up 6* champs (which take far less gold to get to rank 2 than 5* champs take to get to rank 5).

Does this mean anything for players who are not top tier players or not high-effort arena grinders? Yes, it does. I want to repeat the average return on arena grinding here:

1830 gold and 2.5 units per round
42322 gold and 58 units per hour

This, or something like it, is achievable for everyone, especially for players that do not grind enough arena to gather all the milestones. As long as unclaimed milestones exist, grinding has a higher return than just the base earnings per defeat. The stronger your roster the faster you earn points and the faster you earn milestones, but as long as your champs are reasonably ranked up more than half of that return comes just from defeating things in the arena. You're going to get well over half of that rate even if you never claim a single milestone.

You need a million gold? It'll take about 24 hours in the arena. You need 15,000 units for July 4? 259 hours or so in the next three months (under three hours a day). Depending on specific circumstance, the numbers could be a third higher or lower, but in that general ballpark.

That's how much stuff is in there. It is just disguised in iterations and conversions.

I should emphasize that this is not the final word on whether there is a "gold problem" in the game. That's a much more complex and situational question. But it does provide a quantitative context to one extreme version of the question: is it possible to grind enough gold to satisfy the needs of the highest tier players without spending money. And the answer to that question is apparently yes: it is. Five hours a day gets you mostly there, and not only does it generate a ton of gold, in some sense it costs negative money as it generates an almost ludicrous amount of units.

This is a lot of calculations, and I did all of this fairly quickly this weekend in between the only acceptable Corona hand holding work going on now (IT people, you know what I'm talking about). So if anyone has questions or corrections, let me know. I *think* I've double checked everything properly, but there's always a possibility a two got accidentally not carried somewhere.

Comments

• PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    This is great! Thanks for the information.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Nice work. I'd have to say this does seem to line up with how much I get as a very casual arena player. Also makes me a little thirsty for more seeing the crazy numbers you put up with harder grinding lol. But, I still don't think I can keep my sanity knowing the outcome or not. Shame..
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    ẞlооd said:

Nice work. I'd have to say this does seem to line up with how much I get as a very casual arena player. Also makes me a little thirsty for more seeing the crazy numbers you put up with harder grinding lol. But, I still don't think I can keep my sanity knowing the outcome or not. Shame..

I'm hoping the point taken away is not to grind your way to insanity just to get a lot of arena rewards, but rather to try to show that *any* amount of arena adds up over time. It is not easy to see the rewards without calculations; I've heard many players say that unless you grind "twenty four hours a day" the couple hundred gold you get doing a round of arena is worthless. But the numbers show that first of all it isn't just a couple hundred gold per round; factoring in the gold from battlechips and the gold from milestone rewards it is a thousand gold per round or more and it adds up fast.

A relatively casual player could conceivably do 300 hours of arena in an entire year, which could be close to or more than the amount of units you'd need for the Black Friday deals, avoiding having to spend cash. If you take the long term perspective, rewards can add up over time to very high amounts.

I *could* sustain these numbers and the rewards are tempting, but I'd burn out at this level so even I don't do this. But I probably achieve at least half of this on average even just cruising along at a pace I find reasonable, and half these numbers is still plenty of rewards for what amounts to two or three hours a day of grinding.

You could say this is another in my pseudo-series on "play on your own terms." You can get a thousand glory a week or more playing completely solo if you want to. And you can earn a ton of units and a ton of gold grinding arena even if the best you can do is an hour or two a day. More is more, but less isn't worthless.

Use this information to play on your own terms.

Still, I wonder how many would guess that five hours of grinding a day, focused on acquiring all the milestones in the arena, generate approximately one hundred thousand units in a year.
    DrZola said:

Where’s the 140-character version?

Dr. Zola

I'm the one-character version. How many more characters do you need?
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Long...yes, informative...yes.

The thing is you don’t even need to grind arenas that hard to keep a constant flow of gold, units and battle chips.

And you’ve only showed from arena. Imagine including from other game modes.

There isn’t a gold problem in this game.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Useful thanks! I definitely can’t grind that much. But I am wondering if one only has a limited amount of time, which arena will be the best “bang for the buck“ for units and / or gold if there is any difference.

I generally grind the 4* basic up til 1.5 mil cos there seems to be more easily attainable milestones. But I never seriously did any math before.
  • HCMmcocHCMmcoc Posts: 55
    thanks for the analysis. it try to do at least the first two or three milestones in every arena.
  • carpediem666carpediem666 Posts: 363 ★★★
    DNA... *brofist* Not all heroes wear capes.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    How about for those of us who play the game at a high level, but don't have the time to grind 35 hours of arena a week? You say that we shouldn't be using gold at a high rate... I just completed act 6 and with that I gained the ability to R2 two 6* and R5 a 5 star, in addition to the two 2-3 5* gems and 3-4 5* gems. 6*s are taking over and they cost a shitload more gold and ISO than 5*. I quickly ran out of gold and iso and now will be twiddling my thumbs for MONTHS waiting to get enough gold and ISO to just finish ranking and leveling the champs that completing act 6 allowed me to. In this time I plan to save units and do an initial run of abyss but guess what, that will give me more T5B and 6*s to level which will make my gold and Iso crater even deeper. It's a hole that feels impossible to climb out of. No wonder so many people use arena bots. Kabam is encouraging it by making it so hard to sustain 3 different resources as 6*s continue to take over and Kabam does nothing to increase the output of gold and Iso.
    Also FWIW the only people I've ever heard say "there is plenty of gold in this game!" have been hardcore arena grinders. You have a skewed viewpoint of the game because you have the time (and patience) to grind hours of arena a day. The argument that I have been making from the get go is that Arena is a very optional game mode that allows you to get exclusive champions if you outscore most of the other players, and as such it should NOT be so intertwined with some of the most scarce and necessary resources in the game.
    OGAvenger said:

You should be a salesman @DNA3000!

“For just 4 hours per day you too can have these beyond god-tier amounts of resources! Forget yo wife. Forget yo kids. Forget yo job. Forget your other mcoc commitments! Arena is the game mode of the future!”

I love it!

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    KattohS said:

Long...yes, informative...yes.

The thing is you don’t even need to grind arenas that hard to keep a constant flow of gold, units and battle chips.

And you’ve only showed from arena. Imagine including from other game modes.

There isn’t a gold problem in this game.

You may disagree from now until rapture. But I just did a rank 5 and gold wasn’t and still isn’t an issue for me and I sometimes go weeks without playing arena. And most times I don’t even go pass the 2 million milestone.

Never had a gold problem since the first gold event that kabam did.

But like I always say.....”there’s no gold in the forums” 😁.

How about for those of us who play the game at a high level, but don't have the time to grind 35 hours of arena a week?.

How about those that can grind arena 35 hours a week but can’t do high tier AQ and AW? We don’t say that if you have tons of gold but nothing to spend it on that means the game is broken and we should be getting way more catalysts. The cats are largely in AQ, the gold is largely in arena, and the champions are spread out between the two. All I’m saying is the gold is there, and it doesn’t take the ridiculous amounts of time people claim it does to get it. It does take way more time than the average player has, but average players aren’t doing map 7 (or even map 6) or fighting in competitive wars either.

In fact, a player can get to four or five hours of arena grind a day without spending *any* time playing the game during the work day. Can you say that about running map 6? Or even map 5?

Only players playing at the very top of the progress ladder could possibly need this much gold in a sustained fashion. I don’t think it is asking a lot that those top tier players have to do way more than the average player when it comes to earning things like gold. But that’s just my opinion, the point is the gold is *there* and now we have more precise numbers on how hard it is to get it.

I wanted to dismiss the idea that it is impossible to earn this much gold, or that it would take grinding nonstop all day all night. It doesn’t. And I’m sure I’m not alone in saying it is much easier and far less stressful to grind five hours a day than live in a map 7 alliance or do competitive war every season.
    OGAvenger said:

You should be a salesman @DNA3000!

“For just 4 hours per day you too can have these beyond god-tier amounts of resources! Forget yo wife. Forget yo kids. Forget yo job. Forget your other mcoc commitments! Arena is the game mode of the future!”

I love it!

I haven’t heard nearly as good a pitch for top tier AQ or competitive AW. As I said, I don’t grind this much any more, but the return on investment seems at least as good if not way better. How many units do you get when you are constantly sneaking into the bathroom at work to move in map 7 while ranking Phoenix for prestige?

I’m honestly not trying to sell arena. I think it sells itself. But I think the biggest selling point on the arena If I were to try to sell it is if you want to keep your job and wife and kids you can do less arena some days and more other days and still get a large fraction of these rewards. There’s a version of this that only costs an hour a day. Is there a version of map 7 you can do for an hour a day for partial rewards?

The point to grinding out all these numbers is to give the data to players so they can make their own decisions. I believe in informed choice, and sometimes the information necessary to make that choice is hidden behind a lot of math. I’m willing to do the math so you don’t have to.
    Shrimkins said:

As always your analysis is good. I have never argued that there is a shortage of gold in this game.

I would argue that spending 24 hours of grinding arena to rank 1 champ is completely ridiculous and we should have other viable ways of obtaining gold other than arena.

Look I get it, arena grinders don't understand "normal" players. A guy like me doesn't have time to dump 2 hours a day into arena grinding. 2 hours may not seem like a lot, but add that to AQ, AW, officer duties, questing, ect and now I'm up to 5 to 6 hours a day.

That's a part time job, not a hobby.

You could make the argument that for many players AQ and AW place a harsher burden because they require constant play during the day, arena can be done at any time. Many people can't take a break every hour or two to play, but can spend a couple hours a day sometime.

My point here is not that grinding is easier, but rather that the reverse isn't obviously true either. For every person that describes hours of arena as a second job, there is another person that would describe Map 5-6-7 the same way. What made it seem more obvious that arena grinding was a larger burden was the amounts of time tossed around, that arena grinding required literally the same amount of time as a full time job. Here, at least if you're going to make the argument that arena is a much larger burden than, say, high map AQ at least we have the numbers to compare. The five hours a day I mention above compares to the catalyst earning capability of a high tier high prestige player doing 7x5. Many of the players not playing the game "as a second job" wouldn't be doing that either, and their gold requirements would be correspondingly lower. An hour a day is thirty hours a month, more than a million gold in that month. For probably most players, that's more gold than they spend on average.

You say that adding two hours of arena to what you do already would get you to five or six hours a day, which is "a part time job." But that means the everything else is already three to four hours a day. Why isn't that already a part time job? More importantly why should the game treat those two hours as the problem and not the other four? If you're going to make the case that the game should offer other options besides the arena to get gold, then why isn't it justified for other players to ask that the game should offer other options besides AQ to get those resources? Something that is easier and takes less time? Suppose we did both: somehow made it easier and less time consuming to get the resources now in the arena, and also easier and quicker to get the resources gated in AQ? Would that make the game better? Or would it make the game boring?

The calculations don't show that there's no gold problem. It simply shows that the gold problem has a similar magnitude to the catalyst problem and the champion crystal problem. Everyone is short of something, and the players short of gold don't have a larger problem than the players short of catalysts or champion crystals.

Or to put it more bluntly, arena grinders are no more "abnormal" players than map 6 players or Cavalier players. The game isn't divided into normal players and arena grinders. Whether you grind arena or not is a choice. Whether you decide to participate in an AQ focused alliance or an AW focused alliance is a choice. None of them are any more reasonable or normal than the others.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Love the analysis; I have always known that arena is worth the time invested, if you have the time. Nice to see the per hour estimates

I used to hit arena hard, back in the day. Now, even if I had the time (which I don't), just the thought of grinding for hours makes me want to do almost anything else

As I always say, more power to those who do. People who grind deserve all they get
  • DeejDeej Posts: 108
    Amazing analysis- I admire everyone who can do that much arena
  • HyzerBombHyzerBomb Posts: 80
    You are a godsend. I appreciate you for taking the time to do an analysis like this. I guess it's about time I get back in those arenas because currently I've got a lot of champs I'd like to rank up and gold is one of the resources I'm low on right now
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 453 ★★★
    Wow this is really coo-
    Woah theres no way in hell im reading all that. Ill just drop my insightful and be on my way
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    I think this was indeed very informative! And I thank you for the time invested in this! Even though I am at a much lower progression level than you all my gold comes from arena as well.. It takes much longer for me to get these numbers because I have a limited roster of ranked up champs and I have to ignore ranking 4 stars and work on 5 stars instead to keep up.this means the only arena it will help me with is 4 star featured for now.. But even with my limited roster I managed to get 3k units last month from arena! This is extremely good take but also I normally get 3k-5k gold each arena crystal It takes me more than triple the time daily you spend though.and I still only run 4 star basic and featured and dont complete all featured milestones due to limited roster and refresh timers..Might I ask which arena crystals you are opening to get these large amounts of gold? At my progression level I still really struggle with gold because I have so many 5 stars that need ranked and id like to get the most bang for my battle crystals..
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    Do you have a spreadsheet or something to look at the stats? The wall of text is a lot to read through.
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    Awesome analysis, I always earn approx 1000 units a week from just arena and it's great to see the exact numbers and seeing how this translates to Gold.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Caino1023 said:

Do you have a spreadsheet or something to look at the stats? The wall of text is a lot to read through.

This is good data but the narrative is too much to read.

Same here. The data is geared towards Endgame players with a sizeable roster. I'm actually looking for an Arena Grind table with the ff. data:

- Battlechips earn per milestone per arena
    - Units earn per milestone per arena
    - Gold earn per milestone per arena

- Milestone rewards

- Ideal team ranking and/or infinite streak (to minimize grind time) per arena

I can't compile them yet since I'm only 2 months into the game. Lol. I can only do infinite streak on Basic 4* since as of the moment I only have 6 5* champs but I'm starting to realize the importance of Arena grind in this game.
  • Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    Damn Bro good work
    Now get back too grinding 🤙
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Where’s the 140-character version?

Dr. Zola

I'm the one-character version. How many more characters do you need?
    I got burnt out reading this, let alone doing the arena!

Seriously though, good work. I would say that with the meta shifting into 5*+ far earlier relatively new players wouldn’t be able to hit the 4* arenas so well.

To take me as an example, I’ve got 21 6*, 95 (ish) 5*, of whom 12 are R5, 10 or so R4. I can hit 10% if I actually make sure I’m playing. The 4* arenas, however, unless I’m actually hitting them every 2 hours on refresh I struggle as I’ve only actually got 8 5/50 and about 25 champs at 2/20+ because I transitioned into 5* so quickly and it’s just not worth putting T1A resources into 4* over 5* and I prefer the fast return on 3* over 4*
    Caino1023 said:

I'm always leery about just posting numbers for two reasons: first, I could make a mistake. If I do, there's no trace of how I arrived at my numbers, so it would be impossible to correct me. The discrepancy between your calculations and mine could be due to a difference in assumptions, or methodology, or an error somewhere (me or you). Showing how I got to my numbers is I think important for accuracy and transparency.

The other reason is that I think it is more important to explain the thought process, because I think it is ultimately more valuable if people understand how I thought about the problem so they can do it themselves. Different people could take my basic methodology but adapt it to different perspectives or entirely different parts of the game. Teach a man to fish, blah blah.

But, here's a summary of the important numbers, with those caveats aside:

Using the teams *I* use, this is what I earn per round of arena, for the different arenas (factors in the cost):

5* featured: 480 BC, 450 gold
    4* featured: 420 BC, 350 gold (375 BC 200 gold with 4*)
    4* basic: 375 BC, 200 gold
    3* featured: 345 BC, 250 gold
    Summoner trials: 330 BC, 190 gold
    Crystal trove: 420 BC, 150 gold
    Crystal cornucopia: 420 BC, 150 gold
    Crystal splash: 345 BC, 150 gold

If you grab all the milestones for the normal weekday (non-Sunday) arenas, this is what you can get (this is just the milestones, not any rewards you get per round):

5* featured: 135 units, 19500 BC, 38000 gold, 9 PHC, 1500 PHC frag
    4* featured: 135 units, 16750 BC 30750 gold, 17400 PHC frag
    4* basic: 135 units, 13500 BC, 23000 gold, 14800 PHC frag
    3* featured: 65 units, 9000 BC, 17500 gold, 9000 PHC frag
    Summoner trials: 65 units, 6600 BC, 10600 gold, 4500 PHC frag

And finally, from my arena crystal thread, this is about what you get on average when you convert one million BC into arena crystals (either one):

1,000,000 BC = 1,911,000 gold and 1800 units.