**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Guide on playing Ghost

Hi everyone! I have compiled a list of tips that I think are important in order to draw out the full potential of Ghost. It is over on Google Docs for everyone to view. I have taken quite a bit of my time to complete this so I really hope that you can visit the document to learn about this unique yet versatile champion whenever you are free. This was a pretty fun experience for me to do, and I hope that the miserable amount of knowledge I have about this game can benefit someone. Have fun! ~Mr. Teapot

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F51FpA0qSkS1TdDsLdVo8s9m8tBrXEFw5ZVEsq19XFE/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a sneak peak of the topics covered:
1. Traits
2. Synergies
3. Phasing
4. Play Style

P.S. To all pro Ghost players, If I have missed something crucial about Ghost out, please do let me know and I will rectify it. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    HyzerBombHyzerBomb Posts: 80
    There are a few key things you are missing with the potential of ghost. One thing to note is that when her hits are critical too the opponent cannot evade. This absolutely comes in handy with so many fights. NC annoying you? Just phase - single hit and repeat. Huge for lots of content.

Another thing, her damage output will get insane if you start using heavies. This builds up her furies and cruelties therefore your specials will get ridiculous. In LoL I've capped 50k every hit of my S2 building up throughout the fight. For most fights I opt for heavies moreso than 4 hit combos. Phase their dash, parry, medium and heavy.

One other thing you didn't mention is that you can actually chain your S2 out of a MLLL combo and still get the unblockable crits if you time the phase and special properly. The AI will always try to block it.

She's by far one of the best champs. So many nodes actually benefit her. Have you ever tried fighting Omega chapter in 6.2.3? You can do it with her alone it's ridiculous. And that's just one chapter. She's incredibly versatile and her utility is amazing, and then her damage is just nuts.
  • Options
    BubblingTeapotBubblingTeapot Posts: 21
    Wow! I didn't know that I have actually missed out so many things. I am not sure why but I have actually never tried to Parry + Heavy with Ghost as I had this perception that I should not parry with Ghost. About Act 6, I have not ventured into 6.2 due to the fact that I do not have enough time, and I am not confident enough with my skills to take on the Champion. Anyways, thank you so much for these wonderful tips! I am sure the rest will also appreciate your help. I will take some time tomorrow to add these new details in. ~Mr. Teapot
  • Options
    HyzerBombHyzerBomb Posts: 80
    edited March 2020
    Happy to help. If you can ever get the defender into the corner too spamming heavies is the way to go. Try a WS fight, corner him and bait an S1 when he's at exactly one bar. Then get a parry-medium-heavy in and start spamming that corner until he's above power again. You should have a good chunk of furies and just enjoy the huge damage.

I run ghost, wasp, and hood every single war and I'm often one shotting dooms, dominos, korgs, and other tricky bosses like that. If it weren't for her I don't think I'd have near as much content cleared.
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    HyzerBomb said:

There are a few key things you are missing with the potential of ghost. One thing to note is that when her hits are critical too the opponent cannot evade. This absolutely comes in handy with so many fights. NC annoying you? Just phase - single hit and repeat. Huge for lots of content.

Another thing, her damage output will get insane if you start using heavies. This builds up her furies and cruelties therefore your specials will get ridiculous. In LoL I've capped 50k every hit of my S2 building up throughout the fight. For most fights I opt for heavies moreso than 4 hit combos. Phase their dash, parry, medium and heavy.

One other thing you didn't mention is that you can actually chain your S2 out of a MLLL combo and still get the unblockable crits if you time the phase and special properly. The AI will always try to block it.

She's by far one of the best champs. So many nodes actually benefit her. Have you ever tried fighting Omega chapter in 6.2.3? You can do it with her alone it's ridiculous. And that's just one chapter. She's incredibly versatile and her utility is amazing, and then her damage is just nuts.

A side note: it’s better to hold heavy until the last millisecond of the stun for a better chance at more furies and cruelties. I only use the parry-heavy technique on bosses while I just focus on dexing or phasing when playing through a quest. Keeps me from using too many potions 🧪 haha
  • Options

Hi everyone! I have compiled a list of tips that I think are important in order to draw out the full potential of Ghost. It is over on Google Docs for everyone to view. I have taken quite a bit of my time to complete this so I really hope that you can visit the document to learn about this unique yet versatile champion whenever you are free. This was a pretty fun experience for me to do, and I hope that the miserable amount of knowledge I have about this game can benefit someone. Have fun! ~Mr. Teapot

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F51FpA0qSkS1TdDsLdVo8s9m8tBrXEFw5ZVEsq19XFE/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a sneak peak of the topics covered:
    1. Traits
    2. Synergies
    3. Phasing
    4. Play Style

P.S. To all pro Ghost players, If I have missed something crucial about Ghost out, please do let me know and I will rectify it. Thank you!

I would like to give some rebuttals on the fact you say that the wasp synergy is a must. It really isn’t if you have mastered Ghost. I had to use her without Wasp through Act 6.1 which does have challenges but becomes quite easy once you learn her. Essentially what you do is: perform your usual either M-L or M-L-L-L then as the AI comes back to attack you, dex the hit and trigger the sp2. This guarantees all hits will be crits. It takes practice but enables you to use a champ besides wasp in that specific slot if you need them. (Ex: HT to counter Sinister)
  • Options
    Also if you would like gameplay of this, add me on Line: eternalshadow5