**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Post Your Top Defender

RonD9RonD9 Posts: 232
I’ll get us started. Not a R3 6* like some of you end gamers... but still proud of R2 Korg. Had 31 kills on tier 5 war when they were desperate for boss kill.

Comments

• AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    R5 Doom
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    R5 annihilus with max limber and max resist on node 18: 9 kills 1 war, unbeaten twice (all in tier 2 wars)
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    This is helpful for me considering I am reviewing champions to use for defenders. :)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    I don't know who my top defender is. But I do know who my top defender today is:

@BowTieJohn : your best defenders are going to be the ones your opponent doesn't know how to kill. Sometimes the "best" defenders don't get kills because everyone places them, so everyone practices against them. IMIW was like that soon after the cinematic crystal came out and everyone and their dog pulled him. He was getting kills all over the place because few people were really good at him. But a few months later he was getting almost no kills because everyone had to get better at him or go broke trying to kill him.

I had one war where the other side literally wiped all my defenders off the map, including R5 Hyperion, R5 Havok, R2 Invisible Woman, etc. But another player got two kills with Old Man Logan. I'm assuming someone dropped their phone in the toilet or something.

I try to place as best I can given what the participants put in there, but I also try to mix it up sometimes just to see if I can surprise the other side with an unusual placement. Sometimes you get lucky.
  • RonD9RonD9 Posts: 232
    Das_gi said:

R5 annihilus with max limber and max resist on node 18: 9 kills 1 war, unbeaten twice (all in tier 2 wars)

Max physical resistance?
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    5* r4 Mr Sinister. He’s not that hard to fight, but it’s easy to time out without a specific counter
  • UltimateBatJokeUltimateBatJoke Posts: 219
    5* r3 korg
  • MassapealMassapeal Posts: 143
    MODOK is my most successful defender by far.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Cyclops (red version), got plenty of k.o.’s as a mini.

Though that was in a low tier and 3 years ago.
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    edited March 2020
    RonD9 said:

Das_gi said:

Max physical resistance?

@RonD9 nope man, resist. Because of max limber you can’t stun him long enough to hit him with heavy so you need to intercept his heavy with your heavy to hit him and that’s where “Stand your ground” mastery comes in cause with max resist half of those heavies won’t work. This with siphon global in tier 2 wars makes is for an extremely **** fight
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    Gets me afew kills every single time.

• TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    My 5/65 darkhawk still gets kills pretty consistently. He never really blows away with a ton of kills but he gets at least one almost every war, sometimes two. My BG typically runs bulwark which really helps him out. IMIW is hit and miss these days, either he gets 0 kills or he will pick up 2-3. KM still does pretty solid on the mini boss island as well. My ally jumps between tier 3&4 in AW.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I don't know who my top defender is. But I do know who my top defender today is:

@BowTieJohn : your best defenders are going to be the ones your opponent doesn't know how to kill. Sometimes the "best" defenders don't get kills because everyone places them, so everyone practices against them. IMIW was like that soon after the cinematic crystal came out and everyone and their dog pulled him. He was getting kills all over the place because few people were really good at him. But a few months later he was getting almost no kills because everyone had to get better at him or go broke trying to kill him.

I had one war where the other side literally wiped all my defenders off the map, including R5 Hyperion, R5 Havok, R2 Invisible Woman, etc. But another player got two kills with Old Man Logan. I'm assuming someone dropped their phone in the toilet or something.

I try to place as best I can given what the participants put in there, but I also try to mix it up sometimes just to see if I can surprise the other side with an unusual placement. Sometimes you get lucky.

Thanks for some advice!
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    R5 thing and iw, r2 km gets the occasional kill as well, but up in the top tiers kills are rare
    TKS87 said:

My 5/65 darkhawk still gets kills pretty consistently. He never really blows away with a ton of kills but he gets at least one almost every war, sometimes two. My BG typically runs bulwark which really helps him out. IMIW is hit and miss these days, either he gets 0 kills or he will pick up 2-3. KM still does pretty solid on the mini boss island as well. My ally jumps between tier 3&4 in AW.

Is he awakened?
    Das_gi said:

RonD9 said:

Das_gi said:

Max physical resistance?

@RonD9 nope man, resist. Because of max limber you can’t stun him long enough to hit him with heavy so you need to intercept his heavy with your heavy to hit him and that’s where “Stand your ground” mastery comes in cause with max resist half of those heavies won’t work. This with siphon global in tier 2 wars makes is for an extremely **** fight
    I tried this last war and it didn’t get any kills.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    4 star R4 korg and 5 star R2 medusa (tier 14 war) :'(:'(
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    For our alliance, we are in silver III, tier 14
    Most of the time, we put Korg, Emma, Duped Dormmamu, and Thing as the boss
    I kid you not, we have KOed an entire battle group with just that Thing
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    Das_gi said:

You're like hitler, but even he cared about Germany or something.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    Das_gi said:

RonD9 said:

Das_gi said:

Max physical resistance?

Wouldn't heavy intercepting him with cap still work? SYG only resists the heavy when they're blocking, but if you're heavy intercepting then he won't be blocking when you're firing your heavy.
  • H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    im yet to test her, but I have awakened 4* medusa, whom I plan to r4 or r5
  • GrieferMadnessGrieferMadness Posts: 109
    Doom has averaged 1-2 kills for me as a mini ever since I took in to R5. My R5 Sentinel gets a kill every once in a while too.
  • Rerun_9Rerun_9 Posts: 109
    22piløts said:

4 star r4 imiw 😒

Bro that’s used to be me too! I really only have 4* champs so that’s what I use. I was so happy the day I duped my 4* Emma Frost. She’s probably my best defender. One war she got like 11 kills because one guy really wanted to kill her but never could 😁
  • BoranParkerBoranParker Posts: 47
    5* R4 Korg, The Thing or Nick Fury without question.