**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Six Star Blues

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
How do you guys get past the bad taste of pulling trash six stars? My last pulls have been Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Beast, Karnak, and now Mordo, none of whom I have any use for. To make it worse, I have a t5 Mutant catalyst, but no mutant to use it on. Anyways, how do you guys deal with bad streaks of luck, especially since six stars still take so long to get?

Comments

• jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    just have to let it burn man. sorry to hear you're on a cold streak. had a pretty long one myself with 6*'s so i know how crappy it feels. take some time to stew in the dark rage, get your head back up and keep moving forward! it also helps if you have a 5* rank up to do to make you feel better haha.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

How do you guys get past the bad taste of pulling trash six stars? My last pulls have been Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Beast, Karnak, and now Mordo, none of whom I have any use for. To make it worse, I have a t5 Mutant catalyst, but no mutant to use it on. Anyways, how do you guys deal with bad streaks of luck, especially since six stars still take so long to get?

Same way I used to deal with bad 5*s when they took months to get... get mad, laugh, and move on
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @Colinwhitworth69 I like them all actually, especially Nightcrawler duped, but mostly it's the t5 mutant that's irritating me. I had a rank up for every class except for mutant when I opened so of course I got mutant lol. I'll take NC up to r2 once he's duped though.
    @jnikolas92 That's what will get me through it, I'm ranking up Starky and Mister Fantastic to r5 now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    edited March 2020
    I have the same problem ...until today, maybe.

I’ll let you all be the judge.

I just pulled Namor (I’ll supe him in 2025). He’s my 15th 6*. I’m not happy about it, but it’s a new 6*!

Me
    @Thebgj even without his dupe, Namor still deals crazy damage once you ramp him up! But it's his sig that makes him useful. At sig200 he can completely ignore the Do Not Go Gentle node
    @Spicyslicer They do, just not a useful or necessary one for my team.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    Thanks @StevieManWonder , I guess my bad streak ends with him. I was hoping for a more straight forward champ like Hyperion, CAPIW...and so on
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    6*s are diversity defenders
  • mmmbanyasmmmbanyas Posts: 131 ★★
    I just did an abyss run and pulled Phoenix and Ant-Man, then to top it off I pulled a tech t5cc which I have nobody to use it on and I also already had 75% of one complete. Worst pulls ever
  • HilldarHilldar Posts: 191 ★★
    My last six have been civil warrior, beast, rhino, ant man, cable and captain marvel classic. It hurts. Awhile back I pulled domino, killmonger and human torch. Gotta take the good with the bad. But I feel your pain. Being on a run of 6 horrible ones is hard to swallow
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    I pulled a 6* Phoenix but got my revenge pulling a 6* Ghost after that.
  • AtomosAtomos Posts: 3
    I just opened my 1st 6*. Took forever & a day & it was soooooo NOT worth the wait. King Groot. Ok....he's not the worst 6* but I'm just gutted. Kabam has got to know that getting one of the dreaded characters is gonna ruin our day.... especially after taking so long to get a 6*. Seriously 6* blues is for real
  • AtomosAtomos Posts: 3
    Oh yeah....pulled a 5* Falcon right B4. Such terrible luck today
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Lohan33 said:

Feel better?

Proxima, VTD, Man-Thing, Angela, Hood, Guillotine, even KP. Could have uses. Especially VTD. Build-A-Champ.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I’m just doing the same thing I did when I first started getting 5*: if they aren’t good, ignore them and just rank up the lower tier (4* then and 5* now)
  • Dax_JanielsDax_Janiels Posts: 16
    I have to pretend I don't care each time I inevitably pull yet another trash 6 star. I really don't get why there are so many trash champs and why the balance is still not being corrected. It's even worse when its a character from the current movies - I actually want to use them but they're just so underpowered they're a waste of time.

To deal I have a drink and I usually go buy another Cavalier crystal and hope my luck has changed. Then after pulling a few 3 stars and a 4 or two, then I just put the phone down and walk away, promising to myself I won't waste units on Cav Crystals anymore. Two months later this cycle repeats. Not sure how much more I can take really.

Am almost ready to walk away, been installing other games on my phone but I simply love the characters too much to walk away. I'm already back in my old ally.. they're basically a retirement ally to me, but at least they do map 5 in two BGs so I can still collect that glory.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    This should cheer you all up:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Expect the worst every single time. I've been lucky to dupe 2 of the best champs in the game, but pretty much the rest have been garbage for me. It takes time to build a roster. Unless you have a ton of cash you just need to be patient.
    I hate it when my posts get necroed
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

I hate it when my posts get necroed

it kinda sucks
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    edited May 2020

Step 1: don’t spend money/units chasing 6*’s

Step 2: pop crystals, and do not spin them

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Thebgj said:

I have the same problem ...until today, maybe.

I’ll let you all be the judge.

I just pulled Namor (I’ll supe him in 2025). He’s my 15th 6*. I’m not happy about it, but it’s a new 6*!

Me

Wdym you're NOT happy about it??? He's an amazing champion!