**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

March event review

Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
Now (I think) everything the March event has to give is out I thought I’d do my second monthly event review, rating and giving a brief explanation for the champions, the eq, the side quest and any other event related stuff for the month (nit big releases)

Giving the prior warning this will be long, summary at the end.

So start off with the main negative if the month, the champions:

Terrax - this champion, from the early abilities seemed to have so much potential as the new omega who is super tanky and unique, instead we’ve ended up getting a bit of a citrus fruit, weak damage, some ok utility but nowhere near enough to make up for the damage, and I don’t really see any use for him in difficult content for anyone, he’s a defender who’s been overlooked on offence, and is not a particularly fun defensive challenge like say a champ like thing can be, so for that he’s getting a rating of 2/10

Mole man - he’s nowhere near as bad as terrax, he has some solid damage when reaching frenzy, he has solid utility in his shrug offs and true strike. The issue with this champ is not so much on what he has, but the uptime of it, in order to get the damage you’re forced to sacrifice the utility. If he was able to keep his true accuracy and shrug off while in frenzy, or even have frenzy boost them he would be a great ramp up burst utility hybrid, but because you can’t he’s just a fairly mid tier attacker. In terms of defence he is going to be quite strong, only have a couple safe parries, and you can’t hit his block, but he has skill based counters through intercepts and champ based counters in those who can prevent shrug offs, and is overall a fairer defender than terrax, he’s getting a pretty average rating if 5/10

Now to get onto the better stuff, the event quest, the monthly eq was pretty standard, terrax was initially slightly harder than others, but with the right counters could be beaten with low star chanps, but the highlight of this month was the storyline, this whole breakup marriage thing with squirrel girl was hilarious, sadly still no cav difficulty tho

Women’s day boss rush: great event, fun, quick, unique and well worth the rewards. With the right champs could be done with weaker rosters, can’t really complain about it, especially since it gave me a 5* torch, 10/10 event

Solo objectives (special) - fairly standard design but with sig stones as a super valuable reward which is basically free for doing the other events, the women’s day ones require a bit more thought but we’re a few easy 5* shards, again nothing I can complain about

Energy calendar and feeling green event: amazing little additions, free energy revives and boosts in generous quantities, now I’m assuming these were sent out to allow players to do content while in lockdown, and it’s a great and generous addition, and I’d like to thank kabam for these, 10/10 well done

And finally, expeditions: the rewards for these are great, huge amounts of shards and catalysts l, glad you made the decision to leave bugged rewards, in terms of the design I’ve heard quite a few complain about the weekly release restrictions and the number of paths, but I don’t really see an issue; the weekly release means there’s more spread out content, and due to the fact you can spread out gameplay over the month the paths weren’t an issue, I think the whole path rewards theme wasn’t capitalised on this event as you can just do it all, but it’s a great model for the future with good potential in more choosing if rewards, I’ll give it a 9/10

So, to summarise, this month is basically the opposite of last, having 2 bad champs but a great event, aside the champions everything this month has been done right, and for that I’ll give an overall 8/10 monthly rating

Share thoughts below, agree or disagree

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    I’m just anoying to kil over 95 mole man without someone xtra from the admbus by overall like the event just cout a fe part of to it only 10 part 16 part just to much
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

I actually hated the side event. Repetitive and the way its spread out is that I need to dedicate a couple hours every week instead of planning it all myself. It did have 0 energy and decent rewards so a 6/10 for me

Yeah, tbh the fact I’m fine with the length of it is probably because I have too much free time
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    This one is a 9/10 for me, in terms of the EQ and Expeditions. I haven't used the Champs myself, so I can't say much on that front.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,136 ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    I love the side event! So many little goodies to grab. Its a bit long, but being out of work due to a global pandemic makes it a bit easier to grind lol
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I loved the rewards and the zero energy cost, but I just stopped doing the side event because it just felt so repetitive for me. Awesome review, op
  • Mhd20034Mhd20034 Posts: 159
    I was worried that you would forget to review this month.Great review looking forward for next month’s review since the champions look to be amazing
    Mhd20034 said:

I was worried that you would forget to review this month.Great review looking forward for next month’s review since the champions look to be amazing

With all these little calendars and things I waited a bit longer in case something else came out for the last week
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Decent but below average month. EQ had little to no challenges. Side quest was long and tedious, but with 0 energy and a week to complete, can't complain too much. I just did a quarter section each day unless I was really bored. The rewards added up nicely.

Decent but below average month. EQ had little to no challenges. Side quest was long and tedious, but with 0 energy and a week to complete, can't complain too much. I just did a quarter section each day unless I was really bored. The rewards added up nicely.

Yeah, definitely still waiting on that cav difficultly, the eq has no challenge these days and the rewards are becoming more and more routine rather than something that makes a massive difference
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Yeah, definitely still waiting on that cav difficultly, the eq has no challenge these days and the rewards are becoming more and more routine rather than something that makes a massive difference
    Even with mole man's side quest, I expected the last epic stage to be more difficult. I'm not an end game player, but it would be nice to either add cavalier level to events, or increase the difficulty in those multi stage events, at least in the final stage.

Lvernon15 said:

Even with mole man's side quest, I expected the last epic stage to be more difficult. I'm not an end game player, but it would be nice to either add cavalier level to events, or increase the difficulty in those multi stage events, at least in the final stage.
    That’s something I don’t think many think about tbh, adding higher aide quest difficulties, that could be a good way to transition to cav eq since the side event tends to be overall less than the eq itself