**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Loki should be immune to cold snap

Why isn’t Loki immune to Cold snap? He’s the son of Laufey the king of the Frost giants. He uses the cold cube & its powers to trap Heimdal in ice, so why is he not immune to cold snap?

Comments

• Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    For game balance reasons, mostly. Although, coldsnap is so incredibly niche that I don’t understand why he can’t be at least resistant. It’d be nice, but I wouldn’t bank on it
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    When he was created, cold snap wasn’t a debuff. They didn’t bother updating it. I think same with ghost rider and incinerate.
  • Haven't seen this one in awhile
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    The game isn't the same as the comics and movies. It's as simple as that. Many champs would be overpowered if they had all their comic and movie abilities. This is just like the ghost rider threads that pop up all the time about incinerate immunity.
  • mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    Neotwism said:

The game isn't the same as the comics and movies. It's as simple as that. Many champs would be overpowered if they had all their comic and movie abilities. This is just like the ghost rider threads that pop up all the time about incinerate immunity.

So what’s the inspiration for the character design then if it isn’t either the movie or the comics? That’s just a bs comment that lacks truth, There are numerous champions that were taken directly from the movies or shows, Thor Ragnarock, Hulk Ragnarock, Stark spidey, Quake, Heimdall, Corvus, Korg, Cull, Capt IW, Nebula, Ghost, Vulture, Ironman IW, Ebony Maw.......shall I continue? My point is all of these champions are pretty close models to their base content, shouldn’t there be some consistency? I get it’s easier to just accept an excuse but your dismissal of my point does not make it invalid
  • mdsub said:

Neotwism said:

So what’s the inspiration for the character design then if it isn’t either the movie or the comics? That’s just a bs comment that lacks truth, There are numerous champions that were taken directly from the movies or shows, Thor Ragnarock, Hulk Ragnarock, Stark spidey, Quake, Heimdall, Corvus, Korg, Cull, Capt IW, Nebula, Ghost, Vulture, Ironman IW, Ebony Maw.......shall I continue? My point is all of these champions are pretty close models to their base content, shouldn’t there be some consistency? I get it’s easier to just accept an excuse but your dismissal of my point does not make it invalid
    Neo is right. The models may be from comics or movies, but this is an different universe separate from them. Their abilities aren't going to be exactly as they should be or how we think they should be. This discussion gets brought up a lot
    So when they take Mcu Black Panther & design his armor so it reflects damage just like in the movies & do the same with numerous other characters. Is it wrong to want some consistency? Loki’s specials were obviously inspired directly from the mcu, go look at them & his use of illusions, but your saying that’s not the inspiration for the design.

It’s a change that should be made. The fact is there was no cold snap rebuff when Loki was released, that’s a valid argument that one person above, it still doesn’t explain why he shouldn’t be updated to reflect this power, but I guess you’re against fixing underperforming champions with design flaws just because? It was likely something that was overlooked when they added Iceman & coldsnap to the game. I think it should be remedied & yes I feel the same way about Ghost rider with incinerate.
    edited March 2020
    mdsub said:

Neotwism said:

I can also make the same argument right back at you. In the movies scarlet witch isn't a mutant, Nick fury is white, ghost is male, deadpool has his mouth sewn shut and all the xmen abilities. Shouldnt their be some consistency to the source material they are based off of? Or are the movies separate from the comic universe just as the game is different to allow then all to tell their own stories
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    Since when was Samuel Jackson white? If you want to make a point, at least use facts.
    PsyLife said:

Since when was Samuel Jackson white? If you want to make a point, at least use facts.

Nick fury is white in the comics.
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    mdsub said:

Why isn’t Loki immune to Cold snap? He’s the son of Laufey the king of the Frost giants. He uses the cold cube & its powers to trap Heimdal in ice, so why is he not immune to cold snap?

Because that's peeling back too many layers.
    Not everything needs to be 110% accurate from the comics. There are some waaaaaaaay more obvious flaws between the games and the comics and somehow I sleep at night.
    Just enjoy it man.
    edited March 2020
    Neotwism said:

mdsub said:

Neotwism said:

I can also make the same argument right back at you. In the movies scarlet witch isn't a mutant, Nick fury is white, ghost is male, deadpool has his mouth sewn shut and all the xmen abilities. Shouldnt their be some consistency to the source material they are based off of? Or are the movies separate from the comic universe just as the game is different to allow then all to tell their own stories
    There was no MCU when Deadpool had his mouth sewn shut & that movie along with the Deadpool movies were not made by Marvel or part of the MCU. You talk about Ghost being Male but the release of Ghost & the model for Ghost wasn’t based on the comics it coincided with the Antman & tha Wasp movie on which it was based. It’s quite obvious your not very knowledgeable on the source material that Avengers MCU was based on, in the Ultimates Nick Fury looks just like Samuel Jackson so in both that comic series & the MCU he wasn’t white. In this game Scarlet Witch isn’t mutant she’s mystic & based on the MCU character ...you’re really not able to make a valid point. Many of these champions releases are timed to coincide with their movie release & modeled after those MCU versions of the character that’s a fact you can’t refute.

Your point is? It is the way it is accept it? I merely pointed out a fixable inconsistency I noticed while rewatching the MCU movies when Loki is grabbed & not harmed by the frost giants. My point was valid yours not so much
  • prrrmiauprrrmiau Posts: 12
    mdsub said:

Neotwism said:

mdsub said:

Neotwism said:

There was no MCU when Deadpool had his mouth sewn shut & that movie along with the Deadpool movies were not made by Marvel or part of the MCU. You talk about Ghost being Male but the release of Ghost & the model for Ghost wasn’t based on the comics it coincided with the Antman & tha Wasp movie on which it was based. It’s quite obvious your not very knowledgeable on the source material that Avengers MCU was based on, in the Ultimates Nick Fury looks just like Samuel Jackson so in both that comic series & the MCU he wasn’t white. In this game Scarlet Witch isn’t mutant she’s mystic & based on the MCU character ...you’re really not able to make a valid point. Many of these champions releases are timed to coincide with their movie release & modeled after those MCU versions of the character that’s a fact you can’t refute.

Your point is? It is the way it is accept it? I merely pointed out a fixable inconsistency I noticed while rewatching the MCU movies when Loki is grabbed & not harmed by the frost giants. My point was valid yours not so much
    Solamente disfruten el juego y dejen de matarse por sus rollos de cine o cómics.
    mdsub said:

Neotwism said:

mdsub said:

Neotwism said:

Now you are just trying to argue. The original comics version of ghost is a male character. If the MCU stayed consistent to the source material ghost should be a male character. As far as Nick Fury, once again, the Original character in the comics is white. Yes, the Ultimates had a different version but he wasn't the original like I said in my post. The original Ultimates version also didn't look a thing like Samuel Jackson.

My point is the movies didn't follow the original versions of these characters. They changed them to tell their own story which makes the MCU unique. The game has it's own versions based on their own universe and designs. Yes, some are similar to MCU characters but they are still loose adaptations. Every single one is missing some powers and abilities they had in the movies.