**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Human Torch: Worth a Class Awakening Gem?

10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
I'm wondering if Human Torch is worth a science awakening gem? I understand his sig ability, and I find it useful on my main account, but I just got him as one of the first 5*s on my alt account. I have a science gem and no other 5* science champs, with 5*s still quite rare on that account. I just finished my initial pass through Act 4 and am starting to both explore Act 4 and work towards Uncollected.

Human Torch: Worth a Class Awakening Gem? 54 votes

Use science gem and available sig stones
35%
GroundedWisdomR41nb0wm4g1cAlex13369Osfan8RoOOtsStagedear85LukazizDenzel116LeoCruzLucasjones_98ddomCryptツDarkMalachi2Bot42StellanFlashSpideyBoranParkerRowan141CLUEMANATTI 19 votes
Use science gem but not stones
38%
Mets17ege999menScopeotoe987KalantakYcatsRiiiskySpiderLazerChamp123FabwiziIbbyNightbat216MattmillernwhoundogακιKioboiSparty6CowabungaBattlefront409alexsamuraiboyDarktheExecutorSonofok 21 votes
Don't use a gem to awaken him; sig not worth a gem
25%
Spity68TerraMagrailothosMityAntLvernon15AanthoChampioncriticTgtalexMiStaLovaEdeuinkUniversalGamingValBr111Marostrange2005danteofdmc 14 votes

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Don't use a gem to awaken him; sig not worth a gem
    His sig is very useful on paths where you will continuously use human torch over and over, in which case if you use his pre-fight ability in the first battle, you can subsequently get back his pre-fight ability through the next few battles. However, i think its quite likely you'll only use his pre fight ability on the final boss or something, so i dont think its worth the gem, you can afford to let him be naturally duped.
  • Nightbat216Nightbat216 Posts: 195
    Use science gem but not stones

His sig is very useful on paths where you will continuously use human torch over and over, in which case if you use his pre-fight ability in the first battle, you can subsequently get back his pre-fight ability through the next few battles. However, i think its quite likely you'll only use his pre fight ability on the final boss or something, so i dont think its worth the gem, you can afford to let him be naturally duped.

Abyss
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    Tough call. HT was my first 5* R4, and I've put a ton of mileage on him. I was lucky to dupe him a month ago and it was a huge help in finally exploring Act5. I would typically use him with flame-on early in a quest for a tough matchup, then against all mystics which would get the rekindle lit along the way for the boss fight. You can plan ahead to do the same in AQ / AW.

The upside is that he's valid for a ton of content you have in front of you on that account.

Your call of course, but there no "bad decision" either way.
  • Any type of Champion that has the new Build-Up Attack system always benefit greatly from Awaken plus multiple Signature Levels. He's my favorite Science-Class for his fiery modules although I only have him as 3-Star after recently pulling 4-Star Invisible Woman from the Mole Man Expedition Special Event Quest.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Thanks everyone for the additional input on this old post. :smile: I had ended up using the gem on my secondary account HT and he's now at R4. The ability to potentially use that pre-fight ability multiple times in some of the tougher quests definitely comes in handy.