**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

CAPTAIN AMERICA INFINITY WAR UNSTOPPABLE NULLIFY STILL NOT WORKING PROPERLY?!!?

So I wasn't sure if this should be in known issues or here, anyway I know this WAS An issue a while back and thought this was fixed but cap iw unstoppable nullify still isn't working properly, specially against thing & annihilus. In the doom/fantastic invasions I've only been able to nullify unstoppable maybe 75% of the time, yes I made sure I was kinetic ally charged, it's also happened against juggernaut alot. With thing if u trigger on the 16th hit it doesn't nullify unstoppable 100% of the time, so please look into this again, it's very frustrating to eat combos because u think u can attack into a opponent who's unstoppable, I'm sure I'm not the only way still experiencing this.

Comments

• iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    edited November 2019
    Thing is immune to Nullify and so is Annihilus when he has the Cosmic Control Rod active
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 508 ★★★
    For what it's worth, there is a bug worth knowing about with Caps abilities; but it's that his Petrify debuff doesn't seem effective on Dr Doom's Aura of Haazerath.

Hope that's helpful!

I just faced Doom with Cap in the epic quest yesterday and he shut down Doom’s aura. Never activated the whole fight.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

For what it's worth, there is a bug worth knowing about with Caps abilities; but it's that his Petrify debuff doesn't seem effective on Dr Doom's Aura of Haazerath.

Hope that's helpful!

I just faced Doom with Cap in the epic quest yesterday and he shut down Doom’s aura. Never activated the whole fight.

Yeah a few people in the bug thread saying it's working now
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★

Matty_Ice said:

Hope that's helpful!

Yeah a few people in the bug thread saying it's working now

Cool. Good to know that's had a hotfix.

Thanks @Matty_Ice, @Worknprogress
  • Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 322 ★★
    Well one good thing came from me reading this thread lol. Glad to hear doom is working normally now that has been really annoying me lol
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317

You're complaining that Cap can't Nullify these Unstoppable buffs? I'm afraid that the problem here isn't Cap, it's lack of familiarity with your opponents.

Thing is immune to nullify. It's one of his basic abilities.

Annihilus is immune to Nullify whilst his Cosmic Control Rod is active. It's one of his basic abilities. You're trying to Nullify his Unstoppable, but instead you're removing the Rod, and giving a still-Unstoppable Annihilus three potent Fury buffs. So, you might want to stop doing that.

Hope that's helpful!

That looks like that is the problem, I didn't check that, don't have either of them so I'm not very familiar with there abilities, so I appreciate u pointing it out with out being an ***hole about it, like alot of people are, I'm thinking what threw me off of that was it seemed like cap did nullify the unstoppable some of the time, buts it's great to know so thank u.
    To those who can't help but be Internet Jerks, it's people like u that will end up killing this game and alot of games like it because newer players can't ask questions without being treated like complete morons cause they don't know and can't quote the abilities of 150+ different champs in this game, I prob would have had more time to read those abilities, but the games a hobby, so instead of mesmerizing all the abilities, I actually go out into the world and live a life that doesn't involve a screen alot of u should try it some tice, well prob not cause then you would be treated like u treat others behind a keyboard.
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    Thanks for being decent about it MAGRAILOTHOS
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    RO53TT1 said:

Thanks for being decent about it MAGRAILOTHOS

No problem.

Actually had to rewrite a couple of times because the lack of verbal tone makes it very easy to sound condescending in text, and I wanted to avoid that.

And you make a very fair point about there being a heck of a lot of champs to know and understand for newer or more casual players.
  • Smashing123Smashing123 Posts: 36
    Ro5, you should still ask your questions, most of the community is willing to help. Unfortunately you will always have people that might sound condescending, you take the information you need and ignore the rest. I've been playing game since it came out and I just found out a month ago about cap not nullify anihilus. Never had the champ so didn't read in details his abilities.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    RO53TT1 said:

You're complaining that Cap can't Nullify these Unstoppable buffs? I'm afraid that the problem here isn't Cap, it's lack of familiarity with your opponents.

Thing is immune to nullify. It's one of his basic abilities.

Annihilus is immune to Nullify whilst his Cosmic Control Rod is active. It's one of his basic abilities. You're trying to Nullify his Unstoppable, but instead you're removing the Rod, and giving a still-Unstoppable Annihilus three potent Fury buffs. So, you might want to stop doing that.

Hope that's helpful!

That looks like that is the problem, I didn't check that, don't have either of them so I'm not very familiar with there abilities, so I appreciate u pointing it out with out being an ***hole about it, like alot of people are, I'm thinking what threw me off of that was it seemed like cap did nullify the unstoppable some of the time, buts it's great to know so thank u.
    To those who can't help but be Internet Jerks, it's people like u that will end up killing this game and alot of games like it because newer players can't ask questions without being treated like complete morons cause they don't know and can't quote the abilities of 150+ different champs in this game, I prob would have had more time to read those abilities, but the games a hobby, so instead of mesmerizing all the abilities, I actually go out into the world and live a life that doesn't involve a screen alot of u should try it some tice, well prob not cause then you would be treated like u treat others behind a keyboard.
    Paragraphs. *memorizing. *time*. (Couldn’t help it.)

Issue is, people respond well to politely asked questions, and troll those who are asking to be trolled. People who phrase questions this way tend to think they know it all without actually spending time and effort to gather their facts from what’s available. That’s what ticks people off.

I admit, I love trolling people who are like that. 😊
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

RO53TT1 said:

You are more likely to get a sympathetic response if you actually ask questions. But you didn't ask a question. You reported a problem as if you were in command of the facts. If you recognize that you don't know how all the abilities work and don't have the time to research them all, you should probably always assume that something you don't expect in the game is a gap in your knowledge and ask a question as if it were, rather than assume what you know is all there is to know.

People could be more polite to be sure, but that goes both ways. Every day someone is complaining about a problem that doesn't actually exist, and then behaves like it is the game's fault they don't know everything. It tends to create a reciprocal response.

I've probably answered the question "Why doesn't Cap remove unstoppable in situation X" over thirty times in the last year. But I often lay off the "OMG Cap is bugged" threads simply because I know what the response is going to be. As, to be honest, I did with this thread when I first saw it.
    Well said 👍
  • bwdenbowbwdenbow Posts: 1
    bwdenbow
    2:47AM
    I get CAPIW unable to nullify unstoppable all the time. YES I HAVE CHARGES. NO ITS NOT THE NODE. It is random. I can fight the same fight twice and get different results. I see this point argued a lot so I understand all the variables. I see it on Juggernaut but mostly on Unstoppable Colossus. I have it happening right now on Rhino in the Mole Man exhibition Quest 4. I haven't read anything yet to convince me there is not a bug.
  • bwdenbow said:

bwdenbow
    2:47AM
    I get CAPIW unable to nullify unstoppable all the time. YES I HAVE CHARGES. NO ITS NOT THE NODE. It is random. I can fight the same fight twice and get different results. I see this point argued a lot so I understand all the variables. I see it on Juggernaut but mostly on Unstoppable Colossus. I have it happening right now on Rhino in the Mole Man exhibition Quest 4. I haven't read anything yet to convince me there is not a bug.

Do you have video of this?
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Rhinos unstoppable is passive so it cant be nullified