**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

O ISO where art thou?!

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
So yeah, weird complaint but damn, it's really hard at the top levels of this game to get the ISO needed to rank up a some champs. 6* take so much to rank up and unless you're popping crystals like a whale it can get hard to keep up. Just finished 6.4 exploration and now have literally dozens of T2A in my overflow that I can't use because I don't have the ISO to rank up the champs. Would be nice if we had some daily ISO quests with decent rewards similar to the catalyst quests.

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I don't see the need for iso events. It's available in so many places. I save phcs and phc/3/4 shards, specifically for iso. It's all about resource management. If you use them all up, just be patient as they will be available.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    PHC is a terrible way to rely on to get ISO. 1925 ISO for duping a 2* is literally about 1/10 of one level for ranking up a 6*. If you're lucky enough to dupe a 4* you get 24 5,000 ISO of a set class which even still is only a few levels on a 6* chance for that 3% pull.

When we finish events like Act 6 you are literally inundated with rank up items and gold but the one thing you don't get is a comparable amount of ISO. You get over 33 T2A out of 6.4 alone running completion but you get trinkets of ISO even if you get lucky on your crystal pulls. The ratio is completely out of whack.
    I took my claire straight to r5 using phcs, because I ran out of iso after popping 3 6*s.

Popping 4*s should give you tons of isos, which is still resource management.

I took my claire straight to r5 using phcs, because I ran out of iso after popping 3 6*s.

And you're popping how many 4* crystals in a given week?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Are you opening lower Crystals?
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    edited March 2020

Yeah except you need to dupe about 13 4* champs to get enough iso to rank up a 6* from 0 to rank 2. I've done that twice in the past 2 weeks. I've also ranked up a 5* champs to rank 5 and a champ to r4 in that time and I'm still at max capacity on t2A and t5B.

Good problem to have I guess but my iso stash is literally zero right now.

And don't even get me started on gold ffs.
    I save all phcs and shards, so popping 100 phcs is nothing for me. I have over 200k shards each of 3 and 4*s, and over 1M phc shards.
    And those totals don't accumulate overnight. That's a lot of hoarding and even still would only get you so far all at once or in piecemeal
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Kabam please make the "End of the Rainbow" calendar permanent.
    DalBot said:

And those totals don't accumulate overnight. That's a lot of hoarding and even still would only get you so far all at once or in piecemeal

It's being prepared. I chose not to rank up champs that I don't use, and I don't collect stuff just so they expire. I save because I know I'll need them eventually.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    Djin said:

Kabam please make the "End of the Rainbow" calendar permanent.

Man that is a brilliant idea. Little change that would go a long way.

DalBot said:

It's being prepared. I chose not to rank up champs that I don't use, and I don't collect stuff just so they expire. I save because I know I'll need them eventually.
    I don't even level all my 6* because half of them are trash (haven't even been able to level a few good ones like Venom) and I like to think I'm fairly resonable with my rankups. That being said, I do like to push content and after completing 6.4 I am in a similar boat to the OP.

now I did retire for like 5 months between last July and December, where I let a lot of my ISO expire, but I only had all that iso in the first place because I went way overboard whaling on Cavs shortly after getting Cavalier.

And yet here we are still with ISO being the one resource in the game that you can't readily get in quantity if needed. Need hero shards? Do monthly EQ or special events like the Mole Man quests or go to the Black ISO Market for $10/month. Rank up materials? Same exact ways or go to the Glory Store. Gold you need? Goldpool quest for Sigil or Glory Store or even buy gold crystals.

ISO is the ONE RESOURCE that's not readily available in similar ways. That's no bueno.
    The problem is if you ignore the lower Rarities and only focus on Ranking the higher ones, you're going to take longer to Rank them. That's by design. They're designed to take more Resources, and thus more time. Events like SA, Level Up, and others can still be met with lower Rarities in the meantime. People can focus on whatever they like, but many that I've seen at the top ignore lower ones completely. Crystals, and Ranking. That's a good portion of Resources and growth they're missing out on. Plus I think that's one of the unintended side-effects of increased access with Cavalier status. People want to Rank higher Champs faster than they're designed to Rank.

The problem is if you ignore the lower Rarities and only focus on Ranking the higher ones, you're going to take longer to Rank them. That's by design. They're designed to take more Resources, and thus more time. Events like SA, Level Up, and others can still be met with lower Rarities in the meantime. People can focus on whatever they like, but many that I've seen at the top ignore lower ones completely. Crystals, and Ranking. That's a good portion of Resources and growth they're missing out on. Plus I think that's one of the unintended side-effects of increased access with Cavalier status. People want to Rank higher Champs faster than they're designed to Rank.

You say that while disregarding the fact that the game is overloading us with the higher level rank up resources in Act 6 and other endgame content without providing comparable ISO to properly utilize said resources. Like I said, there are a total of 33 T2A to be gained by completing 6.4 to finish out Act 6. That's a gradual climb if you're a new player but if you've been on top of it since jump that's a lot of materials that will expire unless you dump a ton of money in to Cav crystals

How does using ISO on lower rarities solve the problem of not having enough ISO for higher rarities? Other than being more equipped to do arena, I don't see your argument.

How does using ISO on lower rarities solve the problem of not having enough ISO for higher rarities? Other than being more equipped to do arena, I don't see your argument.
    Using the ISO isn't a solution. Focusing on lower Rarities also, in general, is a piece of the puzzle.
    DalBot said:

You say that while disregarding the fact that the game is overloading us with the higher level rank up resources in Act 6 and other endgame content without providing comparable ISO to properly utilize said resources. Like I said, there are a total of 33 T2A to be gained by completing 6.4 to finish out Act 6. That's a gradual climb if you're a new player but if you've been on top of it since jump that's a lot of materials that will expire unless you dump a ton of money in to Cav crystals
    The game isn't overloading you with Resources. You're piling through the content without using what you have.
    Lohan33 said:

DalBot said:

The game isn't overloading you with Resources. You're piling through the content without using what you have.
    Act 6.4 has way more t2a then you can use in most cases
    Gold,iso,t1a,t4b cant hold up

That said he mentioned gold Crystal's as a possible solution to the gold.issue but doesnt see Cavs as a iso solution.....
    If you do it all in one shot and don't use what you get as you go along, then yes. You'll have a surplus.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    It's always gold I run out of, not ISO
    Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

DalBot said:

Act 6.4 has way more t2a then you can use in most cases
    Gold,iso,t1a,t4b cant hold up

That said he mentioned gold Crystal's as a possible solution to the gold.issue but doesnt see Cavs as a iso solution.....
    If you do it all in one shot and don't use what you get as you go along, then yes. You'll have a surplus.
    Well when the game promotes legend runs to do just that.....
    You CAN do a Legends Run. Which usually ends up being the same people, give or take a few. That's part of doing a Run. You end up with a bunch of Resources all at once. That's a choice. It's not a design flaw. Anyone at that stage should have enough Resources to use the T2A. If not, there's some spending habits to look at. That's not a statement for the content overall. A select 100 people. Typically, people will do it over time.

You CAN do a Legends Run. Which usually ends up being the same people, give or take a few. That's part of doing a Run. You end up with a bunch of Resources all at once. That's a choice. It's not a design flaw. Anyone at that stage should have enough Resources to use the T2A. If not, there's some spending habits to look at. That's not a statement for the content overall. A select 100 people. Typically, people will do it over time.

I mean you LITERALLY get 15 or 16 T2A (depending on if you form one)the moment you complete 6.4 and Act 6 in total. But go on...

DalBot said:

I mean you LITERALLY get 15 or 16 T2A (depending on if you form one)the moment you complete 6.4 and Act 6 in total. But go on...

Which is why I said it's meant to be done over time.
    DalBot said:

Those can be used.
    That first comment was meant to quote Lohan.

That first comment was meant to quote Lohan.

Initial completion still gives a ton of T2A and that's only 6 quests, it seems counter intuitive to expect players to hold off on completing act 6 while they stockpile millions of gold and iso.