**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

O ISO where art thou?!

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

That first comment was meant to quote Lohan.

Initial completion still gives a ton of T2A and that's only 6 quests, it seems counter intuitive to expect players to hold off on completing act 6 while they stockpile millions of gold and iso.
    Many have stockpiles. It entirely depends on how fast they're going through it.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★

Initial completion still gives a ton of T2A and that's only 6 quests, it seems counter intuitive to expect players to hold off on completing act 6 while they stockpile millions of gold and iso.
    They're called arena grinders.

In all seriousness though it's always been my opinion that such a valuable resource shouldn't be tied to a game mode that's otherwise completely optional.
    Might be optional, but it's part of the game. Everything is designed so that you can focus on whatever part of the game you choose, but if you want maximum progress, you need Resources from all areas.
    Lohan33 said:

In all seriousness though it's always been my opinion that such a valuable resource shouldn't be tied to a game mode that's otherwise completely optional.
    Everything is optional tho
    downloading the game is optional
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian

I don't think anyone expects that, but to expect, in a game with resource management, to always have all your resources line up perfectly so you can always spend any resource you want as soon as you get it would also be, if not counter-intuitive, at least counter productive.

Act 6 is non-repeatable content. The rewards you get from it you only get once. So its rewards are going to be bursty, if they were not bursty they would be too low. But that means either the rewards you get there will require lots of rewards you get elsewhere, which will take time to acquire (either before or after you do the content) or they will have to be magically granted by the content in the exact amounts you need, which would largely eliminate resource management from the game.

Or to put it more bluntly, you get more than you can use all at once because you aren't automatically intended to use everything you get instantly. Resource management is the exact opposite of being allowed to do that.
    Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Buying a phone is optional. Like I said everything is
    Living is optional.
    Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Living is optional.
    Well depending where you live. illegal.to chose to die here. Seems dumb but yea..
    In Canada, Social Distancing is being enforced, so that's not optional.
    Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Living is optional.
    Well depending where you live. illegal.to chose to die here. Seems dumb but yea..
    I started social distancing when I was 11 years old and decided people sucked
    Agreed. I'm an expert. However, the degree of insanity here is epic. I went to the grocery store. They're shuttling people in and monitoring the numbers. Social Distancing lines are marked on the ground outside and at the cashier, marking 6 feet apart. I'm at the end of my patience. They need to work on a medical solution because this is no quality of life. Rant over. Lol.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Or to put it more bluntly, you get more than you can use all at once because you aren't automatically intended to use everything you get instantly. Resource management is the exact opposite of being allowed to do that.

Except this logic doesn't hold up when you get more of an item than you are allowed to keep in inventory so you are told you have to use it or lose it. As shown below, just the initial clear itself gives more T2A than the average summoner without Sigil can keep on hand (15 or 16 vs 12 allowed in inventory). Thus you are told you HAVE TO use these items within said timeframe or you lose them.

That's not resource management, that's arbitrary guidelines being set to force a certain action. Without the requisite other resources that aren't included in said package then you lose value of said package.

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Living is optional.
    they can't arrest what's already dead.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian
    DalBot said:

DNA3000 said:

Except this logic doesn't hold up when you get more of an item than you are allowed to keep in inventory so you are told you have to use it or lose it. As shown below, just the initial clear itself gives more T2A than the average summoner without Sigil can keep on hand (15 or 16 vs 12 allowed in inventory). Thus you are told you HAVE TO use these items within said timeframe or you lose them.

That's not resource management, that's arbitrary guidelines being set to force a certain action. Without the requisite other resources that aren't included in said package then you lose value of said package.
    That's still resource management because you can keep 12 and you have a month to use the overflow. But that's a grey area: whether it is reasonable to award more than a player can keep in their maximum inventory all at once is questionable: it is something I personally wouldn't do. It makes more sense to me to make Cavalier status award enough inventory slots to at least cover the maximum possible single reward haul you could get from Act 6.

I was responding to the issue of not having enough X on hand to be able to use all the Y you get at once. There's no reasonable expectation that this should be always be true. But whether you can even use it at all before it expires is a separate question. Over long periods of time, this is bound to happen because resources won't line up exactly all the time. Someone earning way more of a single resource than they can spend in a sustained manner will eventually start losing those through expiration. That's not a problem. But getting a ton of them all at once is different, because as you imply there's no way to manage a sudden influx of resources that happens as the reward for a single point in time event. You can pace yourself through content, but you can't pace yourself through a single reward dump.

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Living is optional.
    Ever see 13 Ghosts?

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Living is optional.
    Ever see 13 Ghosts?
    I haven't actually.

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Living is optional.
    Ever see 13 Ghosts?
    I haven't actually.
    Basically the same thing. Putting ghosts in jail.

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Living is optional.
    Ever see 13 Ghosts?
    I haven't actually.
    Is that the one with Ryan Reynolds and The Dude?

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Living is optional.
    Ever see 13 Ghosts?
    I haven't actually.
    Is that the one with Ryan Reynolds and The Dude?
    Shannon Elizabeth and Matthew Lillard.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Lohan33 said:

Living is optional.
    Actually, In china they regulate reincarnation. So, yes, they can arrest what's already dead.https://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-china-reincarnation-law-20160307-story.html
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure it should be
    O iso,iso wherfore art thou iso

I'm pretty sure it should be
    O iso,iso wherfore art thou iso

Deny thy Dup and refuse thy Gold.
  • FelganosFelganos Posts: 259 ★★

DalBot said:

The problem is if you ignore the lower Rarities and only focus on Ranking the higher ones, you're going to take longer to Rank them. That's by design. They're designed to take more Resources, and thus more time. Events like SA, Level Up, and others can still be met with lower Rarities in the meantime. People can focus on whatever they like, but many that I've seen at the top ignore lower ones completely. Crystals, and Ranking. That's a good portion of Resources and growth they're missing out on. Plus I think that's one of the unintended side-effects of increased access with Cavalier status. People want to Rank higher Champs faster than they're designed to Rank.

You say that while disregarding the fact that the game is overloading us with the higher level rank up resources in Act 6 and other endgame content without providing comparable ISO to properly utilize said resources. Like I said, there are a total of 33 T2A to be gained by completing 6.4 to finish out Act 6. That's a gradual climb if you're a new player but if you've been on top of it since jump that's a lot of materials that will expire unless you dump a ton of money in to Cav crystals
    The game isn't overloading you with Resources. You're piling through the content without using what you have.
    I'm in the same boat as all of these guys, I have a BW CV, 6 star Namor, Hyperion, Nick Fury, and Symbiote supreme that I'm trying to get to r5 after completing 6.4 but I can't because of iso. Your point on using t2a as you go would work but the problem comes with the fact that you're only given the t5b once you finish the content, so you can't make those 4-5 rank ups without completing the whole thing. That combined with a lot of people already having everyone they need at r4 and trying to r5 them means most are going to save those t2a they get along the way until they also get the t5b needed for r5/r2.
    Felganos said:

DalBot said:

The problem is if you ignore the lower Rarities and only focus on Ranking the higher ones, you're going to take longer to Rank them. That's by design. They're designed to take more Resources, and thus more time. Events like SA, Level Up, and others can still be met with lower Rarities in the meantime. People can focus on whatever they like, but many that I've seen at the top ignore lower ones completely. Crystals, and Ranking. That's a good portion of Resources and growth they're missing out on. Plus I think that's one of the unintended side-effects of increased access with Cavalier status. People want to Rank higher Champs faster than they're designed to Rank.

You say that while disregarding the fact that the game is overloading us with the higher level rank up resources in Act 6 and other endgame content without providing comparable ISO to properly utilize said resources. Like I said, there are a total of 33 T2A to be gained by completing 6.4 to finish out Act 6. That's a gradual climb if you're a new player but if you've been on top of it since jump that's a lot of materials that will expire unless you dump a ton of money in to Cav crystals
    The game isn't overloading you with Resources. You're piling through the content without using what you have.
    I'm in the same boat as all of these guys, I have a BW CV, 6 star Namor, Hyperion, Nick Fury, and Symbiote supreme that I'm trying to get to r5 after completing 6.4 but I can't because of iso. Your point on using t2a as you go would work but the problem comes with the fact that you're only given the t5b once you finish the content, so you can't make those 4-5 rank ups without completing the whole thing. That combined with a lot of people already having everyone they need at r4 and trying to r5 them means most are going to save those t2a they get along the way until they also get the t5b needed for r5/r2.
    It's not as if you can't get ISO in the game. Besides Quests, there are Dups. Mainly 4* and 5* Dups which yield a fair amount. By using Class-specific you use less. Not unreasonable to get enough within a month.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★

Gaining iso is one of the easier things in the game. I have over 1400 pieces and a couple thousand crystals still. I mainly only open my four stars now and 5 stars. Don’t buy cavs and I do every single level up event.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    You guys know you can spend your catalysts first without spending ISO right?