**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Map 6 seems mean spirited?

Comments

• KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    That Sinister with Unblock Sp2 and 100% power gain sure is fun. Can't even use a proper Regen champ there unless you have danger sense. G99 on Starburst is fun too. Along with the Mephisto on Degen and pretty much the entire debuff immune lane in T2.
  • PanbohPanboh Posts: 72
    Yes, the nodes are made to make you get unavoidable dmg but its just a starter, they are changing the AQ potions later next week, so you will have to buy health potions with units. Think this is the start of the end for FTP players.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    The intent was to punish most of the map 6 guys that have been on cruise control for 2+ years.

I don't agree with it either but I'm not necessarily mad map 6 guys know how it feels to deal with map 7. Either way its still much easier than map 7 by comparison and when you guys get used to it in a couple weeks it'll be a breeze.
  • Mlee1829Mlee1829 Posts: 75
    mydnight said:

Who r u guys using for degen?

Of you use a champ that heals from suicides degen does almost no damage. Crovus and omega ideally. Same goes for starburst
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Jestress said:

The intent was to punish most of the map 6 guys that have been on cruise control for 2+ years.

I don't agree with it either but I'm not necessarily mad map 6 guys know how it feels to deal with map 7. Either way its still much easier than map 7 by comparison and when you guys get used to it in a couple weeks it'll be a breeze.

if we wanted to play map 7 we'd play map 7. your comment doesn't make any sense with regards to the OP.
    I don't know what OP stands for but I'm just telling you that majority of the end game players play map 6 so they needed to push you guys since you been in cruise control. I played map 6 because our BG messed up a couple months ago and it was laughable. R5 champions were way too strong for the old map 6 now it is a bit more balanced.
  • Mlee1829Mlee1829 Posts: 75

Jestress said:

if we wanted to play map 7 we'd play map 7. your comment doesn't make any sense with regards to the OP.
    I don't know what OP stands for but I'm just telling you that majority of the end game players play map 6 so they needed to push you guys since you been in cruise control. I played map 6 because our BG messed up a couple months ago and it was laughable. R5 champions were way too strong for the old map 6 now it is a bit more balanced.
    Its still laughable with r5 champs. Can still corvus almost every fight with suicides.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I don't run suicides, but I guess I'll have to put them back on. I'm trying Claire today with explosive personality global.

Oh, yes. I totally forgot that if u don't time it right when evading Strange's s1, the screen scrolls. Such an intentional POS placement.

That one fight degenned me to 30%. Love the RNG on Claire's heal.....
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,133 ★★★★★
    People use corvus where i am and still use items as so many fights are not for corvus anymore i use my old aq team sl claire and someone for minis and im getting screwed by dominos which i fight 2 of as section 1 path b and the node that goes to domino on the right side and its horrible its like losing 50% for no reason before id barley take any damage now its im healing every day due to the new champs thats placed in map 6 it isnt even fun anymore and cant wait for war season where i have to use items in both war and aq its gonna be getting expensive in pots with glory
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Just settled my lane for Map 6.

Legion is my alt. He took middle Tier 1 (Thorns then to MK), then Meph (backup recovery) that all or nothing path in Tier 2, and Path 9 (power gain) in Tier 3.

Main account took leftmost path for Tier 1, Adaptive Path for Tier 2, Starburst path for Tier 3.

Starting prestige for alliance is 10,271.
    Realized posted in wrong thread.

@Gregdagr8, you asked for screenshots.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    We're 100% every day, but this is not about learning curve. This is about BS nodes that sap your health that r basically unavoidable.

It's also about needing the newest champs instead of being able to use people like Blade or Magik anymore....
    Jestress said:

xNig said:

Just settled my lane for Map 6.

Legion is my alt. He took middle Tier 1 (Thorns then to MK), then Meph (backup recovery) that all or nothing path in Tier 2, and Path 9 (power gain) in Tier 3.

Main account took leftmost path for Tier 1, Adaptive Path for Tier 2, Starburst path for Tier 3.

Starting prestige for alliance is 10,271.

Do you use any of those champs for AW attack or defense? Curious what your backup team would be.
    Nope. Don't use them for attack or defense for AW. Even if I do, there are always alternatives.

I could swap CG for Gulk since I'm taking Starburst. Venom could run Adaptive. Thing or Ghost for Doom boss. Got quite a few choices.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    @xNig nice work! Not itemless but pretty darn close. And you are still using Corvus lol! Our prestige is 10,471 so a bit higher but we are having more item burn than you are. Did you re-do all paths based on which champs each player had? Or did you just say "take your normal map 6 paths and deal with the changes". We did the latter. Many people complaining. And if there are 3 iterations of map 6 like there are in Map 7, that's just too much work to do for officers/leaders. I just don't understand why Kabam didn't give this week for free like they did in other seasons. Especially with what's going on in the world right now.
    Gregdagr8 said:

@xNig nice work! Not itemless but pretty darn close. And you are still using Corvus lol! Our prestige is 10,471 so a bit higher but we are having more item burn than you are. Did you re-do all paths based on which champs each player had? Or did you just say "take your normal map 6 paths and deal with the changes". We did the latter. Many people complaining. And if there are 3 iterations of map 6 like there are in Map 7, that's just too much work to do for officers/leaders. I just don't understand why Kabam didn't give this week for free like they did in other seasons. Especially with what's going on in the world right now.

I'm hoping that there aren't 3 variations. Will be such a pain to plan.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

Gregdagr8 said:

There’s said ther wild be 2 versions
    Gamer said:

Gregdagr8 said:

Where?

Gamer said:

Gregdagr8 said:

Where?
    Might had read it wrong but I’m sure I’m saw two
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

Gamer said:

Gregdagr8 said:

Where?

Litterally has it's own section in the annoucement
    Patchie93 said:

Gamer said:

Gregdagr8 said:

Where?

Doesn't say 2. It just says Variations. That can mean new champs like how we just had this week, or it can be like Map 7 where they have 3 sets of champs which keep switching. It literally can mean n number of variations.

Patchie93 said:

Gamer said:

Gregdagr8 said:

Where?

Doesn't say 2. It just says Variations. That can mean new champs like how we just had this week, or it can be like Map 7 where they have 3 sets of champs which keep switching. It literally can mean n number of variations.
    It funny is the big test it only said 2 but one the smail there Hav a S one so yes not cler at all
  • CiviksiCiviksi Posts: 1
    Was about to take a break. This was the final nail in the coffin. Always thought AQ map 6 was pretty much a break from aw. A potion here and there. No biggie. Kabam thank you for making up my mind and saving me money.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    This new map 6 is definitely different and has some challenging nodes/matchups. It’s the first week so I’ll hold my judgement until there are a few more runs thru it to identify those key matchups that will just make your path as easy as it may have been prior (hopefully for all paths).

My teammate suggested this solution after a few pesky days of IW mini killing off some of us. That invisibility paired with Tenacity can be a bit of a bugger at times!

https://youtu.be/5upiUywQliM
  • DaddyzoomDaddyzoom Posts: 21
    Glory is meant to be for us to help out, all i buy in revives and heals, but since the change in map 6 in aq I'm low on everything, switch is unfair if u don't have the right champ section 2 manthing node 68 and afew more .needs sorting out by kabam.