**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Name one overrated and underrated champion.

Comments

• GwenpoolManGwenpoolMan Posts: 30
    Overrated: Blade
    Underrated: Venom/ Nebula
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    zZayTtay said:

PsyLife said:

Overrated: Doctor Doom
    Underrated: Terrax

Reasoning: Doctor Doon is great, but he doesn’t do as much damage as other mystics, and lacks a way of turning buffs into damage, unlike what others say. Doctor Voodoo, Morningstar, and even Claire can do it better.

Terrax can actually do damage, and a lot of it too. His indestructible ain’t bad, can help you if you slip up, and also counts as a buff. His damage from the rock field is really good, and the armpit breaks can be kept for the entire fight. Couple that with the utility of being able to stack lots of debuffs, he can cancel out healing with despair.

Sorry but wrong and wrong again. Doctor Doom has some of the best damage in the game and Terrax severely lacks damage output due to his low armor break potency.
    Also true
    4* terrax hits like an ebony maw on crack
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    PsyLife said:

PsyLife said:

Reasoning: Doctor Doon is great, but he doesn’t do as much damage as other mystics, and lacks a way of turning buffs into damage, unlike what others say. Doctor Voodoo, Morningstar, and even Claire can do it better.

Terrax can actually do damage, and a lot of it too. His indestructible ain’t bad, can help you if you slip up, and also counts as a buff. His damage from the rock field is really good, and the armpit breaks can be kept for the entire fight. Couple that with the utility of being able to stack lots of debuffs, he can cancel out healing with despair.

The reasoning to why hes overrated is precisely why hes great. He doesnt rely on buffs to do damage and can be used in both vanilla and buff heavy matchups
    I love doom. He is a great champ, and if I had one, I would play him all the time, I just thinks that he is overrated in the fact that he isn’t the best mystic. Might not even be the best 2019 mystic either.
    I have a 5 65 doom, a 5 65 claire, a 5 65 sym, a rank 4 vodoo and a rank 3 morningstar and trust me when I say doom is the best mystic. You will change your mind once you get him I can confirm that
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★

Overrated - Taskmaster

Underrated - MODOK

Again
    Taskmaster has AAR when awakened
    MODOK needs to be awakened also, but requires rampup
    I would choose taskmaster anyday over MODOK
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    Overrated:Blade

Underrated: Venom the duck( Built up)
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Overrated:
    IMIW
    Underrated:
    Angela
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Overrated - thing (just doesn't worth it), maybe void
    Underrated - hood, kinda. His damage is insanely bad, but his animation is very nice (except his heavy, he moves back so far you can't spam even one more near wall, it was better a while ago), and I believe opponents tend to be more aggressive when he's invisible, wich is great. He may be not even underrated, just needs a little more love from kabam
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Overrated: medusa (excluding robot fights)

Not that she’s bad, she’s still a great champ, but I find there’s too much pressure to refresh her armour shatter in hard match ups and I lose all the bleeds. Against a robot though, there’s nobody better

Underrated: Man thing
    I love man thing, he is so much fun to play, and he has very good damage (for a champ nobody talks about) and a low hit play style which is good for things like spiked armour, counter tactics etc. Monstrous in buff heavy matches, also brings his own buffs to a fight like Voodoo so you can always make use of mystic dispersion. I love the rotation of medium L1, medium heavy, medium L1 medium heavy etc. Also a strong nullifier with L2 dealing with 6 buffs and Md rank 3/4 getting you back to an L2. Plus he can take juggernaut in RoL down in about 2 mins

Wish there was some way to get more damage in poison immune matchups, but I guess only 8/33 cosmics are immune. Also wish there was an easier way to build agitation, or that his ghost rider synergy (agitation never falls below 50) is a part of his base kit.

He’s not gonna be the best champ in the game, but he’s my favourite champ to fight with at the moment and I don’t think he gets enough love.
  • HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★

Overrated: Namor
    Completely Underrated: Ronin

Namor is not close to overrated if anything I will say people underrate him when he is unduped,getting the perfect rotation for different health pool is the key,his damage is just ridiculous
  • HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    With namor you can finish a good amount of fight when you have 2 bars of power and 15 charges, there is nothing slow about that
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
    Overrated: Magik
    Underrated: Mephisto >:)
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    PsyLife said:

I argee with Terrax one, his damage came from heavy and sp not the basic hit, his playstyle is to use sp 3 then heavy to expire rock field so that he could keep his curent power bar, then spam sp then heavy
    Keep that rotation and he will deal a lot damage with just few hits
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    PsyLife said:

Some people dont understand what overrated means.only actually overrated champ listed so far is blade

An overrated champ is a champ that people consider good, that really isn’t.
    I consider an overrated champ to be one that meets the definition of overrated, which is that a lot of people think a champ is better than I think it is reasonable to believe it is. For example I tend to think Ghost is overrated, not because she isn't great but rather because I don't think she's the singular game changing champ some people claim she is. More than most champs you hear a lot of people say "if you don't have Ghost, then" and whatever follows that word, the statement is almost always wrong (in my judgment of course).

Although I will say that this sort of thing was more common long ago, when people were silly and ignorant. It is much less common these days to have experienced and even moderately thoughtful players talk in those terms, because over time both the game and the players have shifted to a more utilitarian and situational perspective. There are more She Hulks and Venom the Ducks today than Star Lords and Scarlet Witches.
  • GnotnusGnotnus Posts: 89
    Overrated: Guilly2099
    Underrated: IMIW (his offensive utility is actually very good with heal block and passive power block after SP1)
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    Overrated: Nebula: Way to boring to play.

Underrated: Crossbones: Great damage and decent utility.
  • Over: Blade
    Under: Quake
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Gnotnus said:

Overrated: Guilly2099
    Underrated: IMIW (his offensive utility is actually very good with heal block and passive power block after SP1)

Haha didn’t think anyone else would also list g2099 as overated.
  • Cross8888Cross8888 Posts: 11

Overrated: Nebula: Way to boring to play.

Underrated: Crossbones: Great damage and decent utility.

Nebula overrated? Nobody look at her and thinks she is godly! You need to learn the definition of overrated lol
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    Over rated: Magik
    Under rated: Heimdall

While magik maybe isn't considered as good as she used to be, I felt for a long time that she was quite over rated. Now she does have great power control, but that's really all she excels at. Not bashing her, I think she is a fine champ but I never saw her as the godly mystic champ a lot of people seemed to hold her up to be.

Most people know about heimdall for his cheat death or in certain situations his fury synergy, but imo he doesnt get as much appreciation as a singular champ as he deserves. I think it's because he's got so much competetion in the cosmic class. But once you get his furies ramped up alongside a crit buff or two (need the awakened ability for the crit buff) he actually does some pretty decent damage. Even after you've reached his max number of permanent buffs, you can still keep stacking temporary buffs alongside them. This can let him pretty consistently get 6 or even more furies going. Plus, his true strike comes in handy, and even let's him parry projectiles, making matchups like IMIW and havok easier since he can parry their dash attacks. He can even get an armour up buff to make a surprisingly good havok counter, though you typically have to eat some block damage to get the armour up.

• Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Posts: 366 ★★★
    Idk about overrated but underrated: yondu
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Overrated: Omega Red
    Underrated: Ronin

Why?

Omega Red: Requires suicides to be great. But suicides don't work w all champs as good. On top of that he requires a fairly aggressive playstyle, which is extremely difficult on endgame nodes. Also his bleed resistance is overrated. Take him (5* r3) against 19k PI Biohazard and he melts down like normal champs.

Ronin: Has very swift movement, so intercepting is easy. Has a ton of possibilities (dmg, aa reduction, bleed, sp3 rot) and isn't difficult tu stack up. He deals a lot of dmg in plenty of low numbers
  • ThehereticTheheretic Posts: 110
    Overrated: Void (could be I just don't know how to play him?)
    Underrated: Psylocke