**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Corvus a good first R5 if I never plan to use suicides?

EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
Tried posting this before. Got double posted then both got deleted. So let's give it another try. I never plan to use suicides. I hear everyone say you haven't used Corvus till you've used him with suicides. Do you think he'll do everything I need my top champion to do without suicides?

Is Corvus a good first R5 if I never plan to use suicides? 76 votes

Yes, R5 Corvus
76%
SnizzbarLeNoirFaineantTimone147NanoDroidAjisdopePikisArydhdhAb_SamadJBC89AceLuffySaboHendrossOnmixLordBaldyBaldDrDeadpoolhiddenblizzardCharlie_SceneJMORG1111MegaGalacticSummonerNRMoudou 58 votes
No, R5 Stealthy, Human Torch or Blade
23%
Haji_SaabLvernon15TheHoodedDormammuMoosetiptronicTehsigzorzRockypantherxKill_GreyStevieManWonderSaladYcatsBigKidScottyTehSlayerBawa69LuddiferKoopaKrusherThantonNiko7777777JoshKosh557 18 votes

Comments

• SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Corvus is a good R5 to turn on suicides. He is pretty neutered without it honestly.
  • NastyCharizardNastyCharizard Posts: 4
    Yes, R5 Corvus
    I have 3 r5. Domino (unawakened), blade (sig195), human torch (sig 120). Corvus will be my 4th, I've just recently pulled him. I don't run suicides as my best champs aren't particularly suicide friendly. Without suicides corvus is still the best option for lots of content.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    This poll is a little wonky with the options. I voted no only because any of those three will be a better r5, especially if Blade is duped, but Corvus works fine without suicides. I have a r2 six star one and I very rarely turn on suicides. However, I only use Corvus for AW, so the health pools are substantially smaller than you would see in Act 6. In Act 6, if you want to use Corvus (Which I don't recommend) you need suicides to stand a chance.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

This poll is a little wonky with the options. I voted no only because any of those three will be a better r5, especially if Blade is duped, but Corvus works fine without suicides. I have a r2 six star one and I very rarely turn on suicides. However, I only use Corvus for AW, so the health pools are substantially smaller than you would see in Act 6. In Act 6, if you want to use Corvus (Which I don't recommend) you need suicides to stand a chance.

Thanks for the insight. Blade is duped but I honestly don't think I'll be stepping into Act 6 any time soon.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Yes, R5 Corvus
    I don't run suicides and I use my R5 Corvus a ton. It may depend on where you are in the game though. If you're looking to do an Abyss run you're gonna need HT.
    -sixate- said:

I don't run suicides and I use my R5 Corvus a ton. It may depend on where you are in the game though. If you're looking to do an Abyss run you're gonna need HT.

Haha!!!! Abyss! I'm gonna be honest. I haven't even set foot in 5.3 yet. I only have 4 Five stars at R4 and this R5 will carry me for a while.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Yes, R5 Corvus
    i keep hearing this suicide thing .. i don't have the resources to run it. with that said .. my Corvus is awesome without it.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Yes, R5 Corvus
    Etjama said:

-sixate- said:

Haha!!!! Abyss! I'm gonna be honest. I haven't even set foot in 5.3 yet. I only have 4 Five stars at R4 and this R5 will carry me for a while.
    Corvus will crush content at that level. Rank him up
  • JMORG1111JMORG1111 Posts: 158
    Yes, R5 Corvus
    At your stage he's going to be a beast. I used him to clear quite a bit of content up until the health pools outgrow his 20 charges (he still can do those fights, but you gotta wait for him to cycle back). I've never ran suicides. Now working on 6.3. Honestly, by the time you'll need others you can get them ranked.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Yes, R5 Corvus
    I unlocked suicides solely because of corvus, the fact he gains hp with suicides & willpower is a huge game changer, especially for AQ. I understand suicides are stupidly expensive to unlock, but it definitely is worth it.
  • Starlord1977Starlord1977 Posts: 7
    Smash said:

Corvus is a good R5 to turn on suicides. He is pretty neutered without it honestly.

Not true at all, does great damage without suicides
  • Cody4prezCody4prez Posts: 17
    Yes, R5 Corvus
    I just started using suicides. With full will power and full bleed suicides, I'm only losing about 7% health max on my non bleed immune champs. Makes a huge difference in damage and my cg regens while the bleed is active. I was very reserved about turning them on but very glad I did
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

Smash said:

Sure he does, but his damage is significantly and incomparably better with suicides. Once you've used him with suicides it feels very underwhelming to use him without.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I’m sorry but Corvus is not worth the resources without suicides. Hits like a baby
  • PeaRatPeaRat Posts: 152

I’m sorry but Corvus is not worth the resources without suicides. Hits like a baby

This isn’t true, corvus still puts in work without suicides even in act 6.
    I have a R5 max sig corvus and a R2 6* unduped and I use the 5* in act 6 for some of the paths.
    As long as you can wait out for charges to come back he is a so useful in saving resources and units due to his “immortality” (awakened ability)
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★

Smash said:

It’s not like he sucks without suicides but he does not do great damage without it. On the other hand he does great damage with suicides. Like I said he’s pretty neutered without it. Suicides make certain champs shine extremely bright and he’s one of those champs.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I don't have a lot of good 6*s, but just awakened Corvus. I don't run suicides but am wondering whether I should R2 him...What is the concencus?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Spurgeo14 said:

I don't have a lot of good 6*s, but just awakened Corvus. I don't run suicides but am wondering whether I should R2 him...What is the concencus?

yeah he's very good anyway. make a new post so people can help you with more "personalized" advice
    Lol, why'd this thread have to get revived? I now have 11 R5's, am planning to run suicides in 2 months, and have completed Act 6/Explored Act 5. How was I so dumb just 7 months ago? 😂