**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should or Should not? Emma's special attack ignores Ghost's phase

bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
Hello. So I have a solid reason that Emma's special attack should have Miss Ghost when Ghost is in her phasing state.

For those who are new to Emma's ability, she will turn into Telepath form during her special attack. That attack will ignore Evade.
Evade is not the same as Miss.
Hence, all of her special attacks should've missed Ghost in phasing state.
However, that's not the case. I found that bug when I'm playing arena.
So, please if you think I am wrong, let me know. I wanna know something that I might have not known before.

Comments

• ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195

Hello. So I have a solid reason that Emma's special attack should have Miss Ghost when Ghost is in her phasing state.

For those who are new to Emma's ability, she will turn into Telepath form during her special attack. That attack will ignore Evade.
    Evade is not the same as Miss.
    Hence, all of her special attacks should've missed Ghost in phasing state.
    However, that's not the case. I found that bug when I'm playing arena.
    So, please if you think I am wrong, let me know. I wanna know something that I might have not known before.

Well, Emma's reverse control should still work as it attacks the mind of the character you're using, and as will-o-wisp said, Emma's spotlight states that her telepathic attacks bypass miss mechanics.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    For the most part, I understand why she cancels out miss mechanics, but I will never understand how champs like her and HT bypass Ghost's miss mechanic since Ghost is phasing and is incorporeal so there is nothing for them to hit. I get that it's for balance reasons in the game, but it still confuses me
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Doesn't Ghost have a brain? If she has Emma can control it.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★

For the most part, I understand why she cancels out miss mechanics, but I will never understand how champs like her and HT bypass Ghost's miss mechanic since Ghost is phasing and is incorporeal so there is nothing for them to hit. I get that it's for balance reasons in the game, but it still confuses me

Ghost "phase's", allowing incoming attacks to miss.
    If a champion has an ability that bypasses miss mechanics, then it will bypass ghost phasing as well.

That's pretty simple. Nothing to do with her story or further description of her power based on outside sources
  • StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★

Ghost "phase's", allowing incoming attacks to miss.
    If a champion has an ability that bypasses miss mechanics, then it will bypass ghost phasing as well.

That's pretty simple. Nothing to do with her story or further description of her power based on outside sources
    I believe he was thinking about the realistic logic. And it makes sense that Human Torch can hurt a phasing Ghost because he reaches an immense temperature and even if Ghost is invisible, untouchable or whatever, the simple presence of Human Torch would melt pretty much anything close to him.
  • typghtypgh Posts: 79
    I’ve noticed Nick Fury can hit Ghost while she is phasing as well because he can bypass miss. The Hood synergy for Ghost helps counter this though. She at least won’t take damage from it while still phasing.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    edited March 2020

It is clarified on her spotlight that her soecial attacks will bypass miss mechanics, including ghost.
    Although I agree that it should be classified on her abilities as well, not only on her spotlight

Ah. Got it. Now here goes what I am going to say next, "What the hell, KABAM!? Have you guys forgotten to put that in her ability description? Come on"

Another easter egg where no one can evade a psychic attack from Emma. Got it.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★

It is clarified on her spotlight that her soecial attacks will bypass miss mechanics, including ghost.
    Although I agree that it should be classified on her abilities as well, not only on her spotlight

Ah. Got it. Now here goes what I am going to say next, "What the hell, KABAM!? Have you guys forgotten to put that in her ability description? Come on"

Another easter egg where no one can evade a psychic attack from Emma. Got it.
    In this link: https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-emma-frost/

"Special Attacks

Emma Frost switches to Telepath form for the duration of the attack.
    Once Emma Frost finishes a Special Attack, all Prowess Buffs are removed.
    This attack deals True Damage, ignoring all of the opponent’s Armor.
    Developer Note: Some of the hits of Emma Frost’s Special Attacks are Psychic projectiles. Unlike regular projectiles, they can’t be dodged or avoided by characters like Daredevil, The Hood, or Ghost"
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @typgh dude you have no idea how helpful that is for me. It never occurred to me that Hood can let Ghost tank unmissable attacks.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    Daredevil Can hr bypass her miss then?
  • NanoDroidNanoDroid Posts: 48
    Sentinel undergoes mind control from Emma's specials, what do you expect from kabam
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yeah should be updated in the game info. Not everyone should be expected to sort thru this mess of a forum. Adds value to Emma also as can’t miss is a valuable ability.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

If Emma takes control of ghosts mind she could simply have her not phase