**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gold problem in the contest

FF10FF10 Posts: 214 ★★
Is it me not grinding the arena enough apart from the milestones or Is there a serious gold problem in the contest ?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It's also spending habits.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I grind arena quite a lot and I also do content faster than most. I am in the situation where I always have just enough gold for my projects.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I got a couple million gold from the gifting even and I've been fine ever since, but I see your problem.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I found myself less at a gold problem these days and more at a drought of mid level rank up materials. T1a usually but also t4b time to time and that is bound to get worse with no t4b in AQ rewards anymore.

Personally I have found with gold that if you arena the lower milestones on a few of them and keep the grind on content you can maintain hitting milestones on level up events every time they drop. This varies what I am leveling up of course but I have kept this model for some time and stay between 22 mil and 25 mil most of the time.

Now I built the reserve 20+ mill on saving gold crystals for a year and opening up with December gold boost. I also saved BC for 2 months prior to gold boost as well.

As a for instance I have brought 3 champs straight to 5* r5 in the last month and still see my gold in the same 1 mil or so range on average
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 547 ★★★
    Kabam should add a fat stack o gold & iso to the war season rewards
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    I haven't ranked up a single champion and ended up having 1.5million gold it happened twice first i opened a december gifting and got gold i thought it was low amount and again got 1.5 million gold so lucky i am
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    To answer the OP, yes, there is a gold bottleneck in the game. Yes, it's there by design. No, they have no intention of making it more accessible. This topic has been beaten into the ground, dug back up, and beaten back into the ground. Unless you are a consistent spender, went nuts on the gifting event, or grind arenas until your life no longer has meaning, you will have to accept the fact that ranking up champions is going to take you a VERY long time, and you need to be extremely selective about which ones you choose to rank up.
  • typghtypgh Posts: 79
    Once you start focusing on five star and six star champs only is when it seems to become a real issue. The gold price to rank these champs up skyrockets compared to four stars.
    That's because they're supposed to cost more. They're designed to take longer to Rank.
    Right, but at least for me, that means having catalysts in my overflow and being forced to play a game mode I find boring and repetitive (Arena) to use them. They should at least introduce some sort of gold quests or better gold crystals for people who hate arena grinding.
    People hate it because it takes time and effort. They want an alternative method that takes less effort and time. The Arenas are part of the game. They're also the largest source of Gold. I have no objections to another way to accumulate Gold, so long as it takes roughly the same amount of time and effort to collect Gold. Otherwise half the people are Grinding and earning it, and the other half are taking a shortcut.
    I have no problem earning it. I just don't like playing endless rounds of Arena to do it. I'd even rather do something like the Mole Man quests. The only Arena I find interesting is 5* because you actually get some challenging matchups, but I only have so many fighters I can put in it. All the lower arenas are guaranteed wins against low level fighters with no nodes or anything to make it interesting.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    There’s always going to be a bottleneck of something in this game, whether it’s gold, iso, catalysts......think those are it, you could split the catalyst category in t1a, t4b, t4c, t2a, t5b, t5c......etc.......etc. It’s not important, what does count is how you deal with it.
  • FeroX_the_fat_heringFeroX_the_fat_hering Posts: 311 ★★
    Just play some arena when you’re watching a movie or listen to a podcast, I usually do arena with Brian Grant on youtube, it’s fun and he really loves puns