**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I believe that colossus is a “beyond god tier champ”

SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
I don’t know how people will receive this post, but this is my personal opinion. Colossus was recently buffed (around 6 or 7 months back) and he’s now an amazing champ. His sustainability alone makes him amazing, adding to that his many important immunities. His triple immunities to bleed, incinerate, and coldsnap/frostbite makes him a great contender for nodes like trial by fire, biohazard, and iceman. His ability to gain +100% power in situations where his AA is lowered makes him great for matchups like domino. His immunity to armor break effects (unless inflicted by a tech champ) and his ability to go past 40 armors grants him immense attack and even more sustainability (he can also auto fight his way through ROL WS). His specials hit like a truck, and his sp3 further grants him even more sustainability through lowering attack and crit rating. His fury off the heavies are insane, and gets even more amped up by the armors. He may need synergies like OR (but lots of champs like ghost rely on synergies) and OR is a great champ anyways. He takes around 40 damage a parry with many armors even in places like act 6 with extremely stacked health pools. Some people say that he is hampered by stun immune nodes, but I think this is false. He does lose some damage from them, but even without he hits like a truck. KT recently did a lab clear with him where he was hitting 50k+ specials (assassins bypasses the damage cap) with absolutely no fury from the heavy active. I think he has a lot of “beyond god tier” characteristics. He has the sustainability, the damage, and the immunities to tackle and destroy a lot of endgame content. He’s generally ranked with champs like iceman, Emma, sunspot, and havok. I think he’s a step above these champs and that he deserves a little more recognition.

Comments

• OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    He’s immune to incinerate, not shock, so wouldn’t be great for EMP mod
    But I do agree that he’s a very very solid option for a lot of late-game content
  • SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
    @Octoberstack thanks for pointing that out. A little slip up on my part
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Someone had their 5 Star Colossus against RoL Winter Soldier, on Auto Fight... And Colossus Won. 'Nough said for me.

Great for Freezer Burn though (that's the Incinerate+Coldsnap Equivalent to Bio Hazard).
    @LibertyPrimeV1 yup. I pointed that out in my post too. Probably the only champ who could do that

@LibertyPrimeV1 yup. I pointed that out in my post too. Probably the only champ who could do that

Maybe a 5 Star Wolverine could seeing as the Auto Fight AI always holds Specials for so long, meaning his Regen would be amped up, but besides him I'm not sure anyone else could either.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    I am debating between taking awakened Colossus or unawakened Sunspot to 5/65.
    @LibertyPrimeV1 I could see that happening, but Wolverine isn’t very tanky. If the AI threw multiple specials or if wolverine wasn’t procing his regeneration at all, he could be taken down. I’m hoping 5* wolverine becomes a thing though
    @Colinwhitworth69 I have a 6* sunspot and he’s amazing. However, he does lack some utility and it really boils down to what you’re trying to accomplish. Both are great contenders. Sunspot has the prestige and damage, with utility like PB and incinerate immunity. He’s great with despair and wrecks content quickly. On the other side, colossus seems to have a bit more going for him with the triple immunities. Both are very sustainable and hard hitters

@LibertyPrimeV1 I could see that happening, but Wolverine isn’t very tanky. If the AI threw multiple specials or if wolverine wasn’t procing his regeneration at all, he could be taken down. I’m hoping 5* wolverine becomes a thing though

I doubt he ever will be added, AW Balancing is just one reasoning, unless they massively toned down the Regen.
    Anyways Colossus is definitely a Top Tier Champion, my Rank 5 5 Star that's only around Sig 60 has been practically soloing these Mole Man Expeditions for me all month. Auto Fought all of Heroic and most of Master, then Tanked so much of Epic.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    With synergies he certainly is, without he’s around the border I’d say
    Also a Synergy Team I don't see getting used with him a lot is the IMIW+BPCW/Killmonger one, it gives your team +12% Crit Resistance Per Armor Up Buff that's currently active! Just even more Tankiness for Colossus.
  • typghtypgh Posts: 79
    I love my R4 Colossus. The only thing I think that holds him back is that it takes a while to ramp him up without synergies. With a synergy team though, he is top tier.

Great for Freezer Burn though (that's the Incinerate+Coldsnap Equivalent to Bio Hazard).
    Yup been using him for Thermostat lanes in 6.4
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    He is great indeed. Certainly god tier but beyond? The bar is high.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Does he rely on enemy having to being able to be stunned?
  • typghtypgh Posts: 79
    GagoH said:

Does he rely on enemy having to being able to be stunned?

He gains a Fury from doing a heavy attack on a stunned opponent and gains Armor Up buffs from Parrying. So it’s tougher sledding against stun immune.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    You are probably right. He’s starting to get recognition with people. The fact that he pretty much requires OR is a little annoying and build limiting, but OR is a nice champ to have in your back pocket for certain encounters that he is one of the best if not the best at (Korg, Electro). When it comes down to it, a champ with that much damage and that much damage resistance is very useful. I agree as well that parry/heavy is not required. It just makes fights go faster, but he still builds up straight up. High signature and SP2 spam will have you at 30+ stacks in less than 100 hits.

By the way, his best team is OR, Emma Frost, Juggernaut, and Hyperion. Only one that isn’t great is Juggernaut. Some of this recommendation has to do with the fact that Colossus benefits greatly from extra crit rating. His baseline is terrible. The other part of it is the unique benefits being added per armor stack.
  • CapMark2CapMark2 Posts: 40
    You are right. The Damage output is Seriously ridiculous. Went from the worst Champ to one of the best. Now THAT'S How you Buff a Champ Kabam!!
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Yeah, Colossus is easily a Beyond God Tier champion. He is honestly insanely good, the best champ to get buffed.
  • MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★
    Why did you revive this thread?
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    1)Beast for act 6.
    2)Beast for labrynth.
    3)Very good for AW(My alliance member use him alot)
    4)Beast of Abyss as well.
    I think everyone knows he is a meta.
  • blurblotblurblot Posts: 39

Maybe a 5 Star Wolverine could seeing as the Auto Fight AI always holds Specials for so long, meaning his Regen would be amped up, but besides him I'm not sure anyone else could either.
    Annihilus is also an option for Freezer Burn, in fact that's probably the only time i use mine
    blurblot said:

Annihilus is also an option for Freezer Burn, in fact that's probably the only time i use mine
    What? I was talking about Auto Fighting Realm of Legends Champions in that comment.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 837 ★★★

I don’t know how people will receive this post, but this is my personal opinion. Colossus was recently buffed (around 6 or 7 months back) and he’s now an amazing champ. His sustainability alone makes him amazing, adding to that his many important immunities. His triple immunities to bleed, incinerate, and coldsnap/frostbite makes him a great contender for nodes like trial by fire, biohazard, and iceman. His ability to gain +100% power in situations where his AA is lowered makes him great for matchups like domino. His immunity to armor break effects (unless inflicted by a tech champ) and his ability to go past 40 armors grants him immense attack and even more sustainability (he can also auto fight his way through ROL WS). His specials hit like a truck, and his sp3 further grants him even more sustainability through lowering attack and crit rating. His fury off the heavies are insane, and gets even more amped up by the armors. He may need synergies like OR (but lots of champs like ghost rely on synergies) and OR is a great champ anyways. He takes around 40 damage a parry with many armors even in places like act 6 with extremely stacked health pools. Some people say that he is hampered by stun immune nodes, but I think this is false. He does lose some damage from them, but even without he hits like a truck. KT recently did a lab clear with him where he was hitting 50k+ specials (assassins bypasses the damage cap) with absolutely no fury from the heavy active. I think he has a lot of “beyond god tier” characteristics. He has the sustainability, the damage, and the immunities to tackle and destroy a lot of endgame content. He’s generally ranked with champs like iceman, Emma, sunspot, and havok. I think he’s a step above these champs and that he deserves a little more recognition.

He’s amazing. However, he does rely on the fury for the big damage and hence the parry-heavy playstyle, so limber or stun immune he isn’t the best for. His style of damage is also big crits, which may be reduced by rage nodes, damage caps etc. He also relies on armour buffs, so buffet and burden of might also aren’t his cup of tea. Of course he does have immunities which is always nice.

I’m not trying to take anything away from him, he’s amazing, it’s just that I don’t think he is beyond god tier, but he’s almost there.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    colossus = best mutant champ in the game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKHrUJfterM&t=539s