**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Already not a big fan of the new characters...

SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
I know that they are meant to tie in the story from MROC to MCOC and that’s important moving forward. My problem is with the characters that are actually being introduced. Starting with Sorcerer supreme, she’s just a reskin of sym supreme with a gender swap. Down to the very design, she’s simply very unoriginal and not very creative at all. I’m usually a big fan of Kabam original characters (gulliotine, Aegon, morningstar) but not a huge fan of these designs. Storm Pyramid X is very cool, but she’s also simply another reskin. For another Kabam original, I would have expected something a little better than a storm reskin when the one we currently have could use a major revamp. I know that they regularly release reskins (Spider-Man, Iron Man) but I expected a little more in terms of the designs and originality

For clarification I’m referencing their DESIGNS as a champ. Not their abilities. I think their abilities are unique and perfect for the champion.

Comments

• SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    @UmbertoDelRio I'm talking design wise. Not about their abilities
    @UmbertoDelRio i don’t know if you’re blind, but what I see is sym supreme with a gender swap and Karen haircut = sorcerer supreme. I think their abilities are great. Am I not allowed to have my own opinion on their design? I’m simply not a fan of it
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    why dont u make them a character, huh?

i thnk new characters are going to be exciting and we can also see apocalypse entering the contest this year
    I’m sorry if I offended anyone who actually likes the character designs. I personally don’t enjoy them and think they are bland. It’s fine if you disagree with me. I’m not looking to start an argument
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited March 2020

I’m sorry if I offended anyone who actually likes the character designs. I personally don’t enjoy them and think they are bland. It’s fine if you disagree with me. I’m not looking to start an argument

its okay to share your opinions but when u straight away say that a character is trash, u r disrespecting all the efforts put behind them by the creative team and yes their design is awsome

more over ur not doing any productive criticism,if u would suggest some ways they can be improved, i would appreciated
    @CaptainPoll I’m not hating on the design team or trashing their work. If you read my post I never ostracize them or say anything rude about them. I simply said I was not a fan of these characters
    @UmbertoDelRio looking at them side by side, I think I might be the blind one
    @Felganos makes a very good point though
    @UmbertoDelRio sorry mate. Didn’t mean to lash out without doing my own research first. Thanks for calling me out
    @zZayTtay you have to remember that Kabam won’t profit off of revamping the old storm or doctor strange. Kabam is only there to make money (as most companies are) so they will put out new characters so that people spends on their cav crystals. Buffs for characters do happen, but Kabam usually chooses to release a new version of an already existing character instead of revamping an old one
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    He actually does have a point
    You said many of these champs were not mentioned
    But they didn't need to be mentioned. Most marvel fans know about them, their backstories, skills and abilities etc which is why kabam doesn't have to do an origin story for them.
    For aegon, kabam did a motion comic explaining his background and giving us an idea of what motivates him and we also had the event quest featuring him.
    For these new champs we haven't got anything other than it's a tie in with mroc.
    What felganos means is that if mroc came first before this tie in, we would know more about them, backgrounds, personalities etc (which actually makes things smoother) otherwise it's just storm with the same weather abilities and another sorcerer other than strange or his symbiotized self with a different kit hence OP not being a fan of the design.

They probably will release a motion comic with the next update since they did so for aegon, Ms and guilly and guilly 2099 (the best eq ever)
    @Jh_Dez yeah I’m hoping to see a motion comic soon. I’m very interested about the tie in as a whole. Just not super impressed with the characters
    @UmbertoDelRio lets not kid ourselves though, storm really needs a revamp. There’s so much she could do, but her animations and abilities are so outdated
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★

@Jh_Dez yeah I’m hoping to see a motion comic soon. I’m very interested about the tie in as a whole. Just not super impressed with the characters

I'm also not interested in them
    We have a whole lot of unique heroes and villains begging to be added, jubilee, bullseye, kitty pryde, absorbing man etc
    But we get another storm
    Honestly it's easy not to be impressed
    @UmbertoDelRio tbh I’ve never been a fan of using different iterations of the same characters. I like Spider-Man but I don’t want 6-7 different iterations of him. There are many more characters they could have done instead of these two, or used different characters from MROC to introduce instead