**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

When do you stop ranking up 4 stars?

i recently pulled a bunch of god tier 4 stars (havok, duped imiw, thing, namor) but i feel like it would start to be a waste if i continue ranking up 4 stars. Does it depend on what 5 stars you have, how many 5 stars, what content you are on, your prestige, your total base hero rating, how much you do arena, or does it depend on all of them equally, or something? is there like a milestone for when you should stop ranking up 4 stars? I super confused cos if i had four stars like namor and thing before i wouldnt be hesitant to rank them up but now i'm up to act 6 i cant use four stars anymore, and i cant get kills in aw defense because my entire defence team are four stars apart from 6 star ronin (i have no other decent def champs, so i thought i may as well put in ronin cos im not using him in anything else), but my 5 stars right now are super shabby, my only good 5 stars are blade, sunspot (whom are r4), gwenpool, ronin, (r3), vison aarkus and mysterio (r2). Everything else is absolute meme tier.

Comments

• MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    You should be starting to look at prioritising you’re 5* over 6* but until you get yourself a decent immune champ. Cavalier is out of reach anyway, so it’s a little bit of a moot point. Keep ranking the 4* that you know are still going to be useful in MEQ, maybe Map 5 and start working on Act 5 exploration until you get a decent immune.

It would still be worth filling your toes into Act 6 and getting used to NonRetreat as it does require you to modify your play style
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    Stop ranking up 4*s until ur elder’s bane and can 100% monthly uc eq everytime. When I did elder’s bane i had a couple of 4/55s but they didnt have the utilities my 5/50s did. For example if u need someone to bypass rage or spiked armor but dont have a 5* to do it, most likely one of ur 4*s might be able to (duped black widow, quake, g99, xbones etc.)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I never do. I might be focusing on something else, but in between or whenever I'm not working on something specifically, I Rank everything.
  • DeejDeej Posts: 108
    I have the same dilemma. I got uncollected and haven't even started 5.3 yet but I'm feeling so guilty about continuing to bring my god tier 4s to 5/50. But for example maxing my 4 star captain marvel movie was saving me with terrax. Also I notice a lot of endgame players have lots of max 4 stars.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    I am cavalier and still rank up 4*..... sometimes I have overflow catalist and I rank up 4* to 5/5... espacially God Tiers...

My last rank up 4* where warlock, dr doom, ghost....

Since i dont have them as 5* or 6*, i get the chance to play them in some content..., like the last boss rush, where i completed it with maxed out 4*, even if I had maxed out 5*.

Anyway, your choice, if you don’t have catalyst in ressources in the overflow, keep your ressources for 5* and 6*.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I'm currently in 6.3 (so end game content) and I've ranked up a couple of 4*s to tackle certain paths in v2.
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    I stopped ranking up 4*’s 3 years ago lol
  • I'm almost at Rank 5 with my 4-Star Awakened Colossus whom I love dearly based upon his simplicity while fighting.

I'm having a hard time collecting enough Gold to improve my 4-Star Arch-Angel or Namor until at least I can find their correspondent Awakening Gem. Even worse now that I have both Mysterio and Vision Aarkus whom feature ecstatic like properties and advantages versus certain Champions and conditions.
  • YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★

I'm almost at Rank 5 with my 4-Star Awakened Colossus whom I love dearly based upon his simplicity while fighting.

I'm having a hard time collecting enough Gold to improve my 4-Star Arch-Angel or Namor until at least I can find their correspondent Awakening Gem. Even worse now that I have both Mysterio and Vision Aarkus whom feature ecstatic like properties and advantages versus certain Champions and conditions.

your point is...?
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    I stopped ranking up 4* even before becoming Elder's Bane and Cavalier. There are only a few exceptions with unique utility (like max sig Namor) or some old classic champs (OG Thor & Wolverine) that I have / will rank up.