**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

T1A availability

I am finding recently that T1A is becoming a bottle neck for rank ups. As far as I know the only methods to obtain are 1x from the 3-day alliance event, 3x in the arena, 3-5x monthly EQ, glory store, rare drop from greater solo crystal (I am sure I am forgetting a few places). Given for a 5* champion it takes 5X R1-2, 5X R2-3, 6X R3-4 and 6X R4-5 you run out pretty quick. Lately with content T2A and T5BC are more available then ever but T1A has remained the same and it's not enough for player in Act 6.

I was also very surprised there was no T1A in the moleman side event, this honestly seems like an over site since every other type of resource (except T5CC) was included.

Kabam needs to re-evaluate T1A for players that have the cavalier title who need to get 5*'s to 5/65 or 6*'s to R2.

Comments

• Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    Objective crystals give a ton of t1a
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Can someone please explain why just because we pull more champs that all of a sudden we have to be able to rank them up asap?

You just named 5 places to get t1as! Why do you need more all the time? Resource management and selective ranking! Everyone is so greedy as they progress to higher levels! Need more gold, iso, cats, shards, e.t.c. all these posts are ridiculous
  • typghtypgh Posts: 79
    Most of the people I know who run short on T1A tend to rank up a lot of people for Arena. Otherwise, if you aren’t bringing everyone you can up to like R3 and are just ranking the fighters that are worth it, you should be able to get enough in the time it takes you to get T2A, T5B, gold, iso, etc.

You get more from alliance events than just the 3 day ones, like summoner advancement. Glory Store and Black Iso Market are also good sources. I’d also suggest making the most of rank up crystals from variants.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I guess other than daily objective crystal, which is RNG, you can invest all your glory into T1A this month given you can earn other resources from mole man expedition. (This month EQ is one of the best imho, thanks Kabam indeed.)

I have 80 5* champs in roster and I know what you mean, yet it is a kind of resources management as you will soon encounter another bottleneck when your T1A issue is being resolved.
  • GivMeABeerGivMeABeer Posts: 200 ★★

Can someone please explain why just because we pull more champs that all of a sudden we have to be able to rank them up asap?

You just named 5 places to get t1as! Why do you need more all the time? Resource management and selective ranking! Everyone is so greedy as they progress to higher levels! Need more gold, iso, cats, shards, e.t.c. all these posts are ridiculous

I've been playing this game since April 2017, i'm not looking to be ranking up every 5* champ I pull. But for example I just got Aegon and took him From R1 to R5; that requires 22 T1A unless you use gems.
    typgh said:

Most of the people I know who run short on T1A tend to rank up a lot of people for Arena. Otherwise, if you aren’t bringing everyone you can up to like R3 and are just ranking the fighters that are worth it, you should be able to get enough in the time it takes you to get T2A, T5B, gold, iso, etc.

You get more from alliance events than just the 3 day ones, like summoner advancement. Glory Store and Black Iso Market are also good sources. I’d also suggest making the most of rank up crystals from variants.

Black ISO wold assume I have the sigil which I don't. I variant gems are nice (which I have done all 100% aside from V1). Even so to utilize a 2-3 gem you need to take the champ to R2 which is 5X T1A. I also do not rank up champs specifically for arena, the T1A is something only in about the past 1-2 months I have noticed.

Jcobra25 said:

Through RNG yes, but a more consistent source would be nice. Even adding 2 more milestones to the T1A arena each giving 1 T1A, 1 at 1.8 mil and another at 2 mil, effectively giving 5 per arena cycle, would be a welcome improvement IMO.
    I think this would be a great idea, and perhaps those additional milestones are only earned with titles; 1 unlocks at uncollected and the other at Cavalier.
    Jcobra25 said:

I have yet to pull any T1A from these, most commonly I get 3k iso bricks or T4CC (the most overly abundant resource in the game atm)
  • typghtypgh Posts: 79

I've been playing this game since April 2017, i'm not looking to be ranking up every 5* champ I pull. But for example I just got Aegon and took him From R1 to R5; that requires 22 T1A unless you use gems.
    typgh said:

Black ISO wold assume I have the sigil which I don't. I variant gems are nice (which I have done all 100% aside from V1). Even so to utilize a 2-3 gem you need to take the champ to R2 which is 5X T1A. I also do not rank up champs specifically for arena, the T1A is something only in about the past 1-2 months I have noticed.
    Maybe because you’ve used up all the rank up gems, it’s starting to get harder? I also think they don’t intend for you to take someone from R1 to R5 at once. Your inventory doesn’t even hold enough T1A for that.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Yeah T1 Alphas always seem to be in such short supply as you reach an endgame level of content. I have t5 in overflow, but not enough T1 Alpha to rank up. I think the T1 Alpha arena should be buffed to give 5 alphas and we should either have a daily T1 Alpha quest to get 1 or they should add them to solo objective milestones
    IKON said:

This is why I need T1A, and to a lesser extent T4B.

You can say whatever you want about resource management, but when you explore act 6 everyone's in this boat.

Have a few alliance members in the same boat and unfortunately will probably have to let those materials expire. One great option is for kabam to increased the cache limit for those of a certain level.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @GivMeABeer You can increase the cache limit but you need to pay for it of course.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

I am finding recently that T1A is becoming a bottle neck for rank ups. As far as I know the only methods to obtain are 1x from the 3-day alliance event, 3x in the arena, 3-5x monthly EQ, glory store, rare drop from greater solo crystal (I am sure I am forgetting a few places). Given for a 5* champion it takes 5X R1-2, 5X R2-3, 6X R3-4 and 6X R4-5 you run out pretty quick. Lately with content T2A and T5BC are more available then ever but T1A has remained the same and it's not enough for player in Act 6.

I was also very surprised there was no T1A in the moleman side event, this honestly seems like an over site since every other type of resource (except T5CC) was included.

Kabam needs to re-evaluate T1A for players that have the cavalier title who need to get 5*'s to 5/65 or 6*'s to R2.

How many of those rank ups per month do you expect most Cavalier players would be doing? A 5* 1->5 rank up requires 22 T1A, which sounds like a lot (and it is). If you ignore the Sigil, you can get three every eight days from the T1A arena, plus ten every eight days from the glory store. That's 52 T1A in 32 days, just slightly over a month. That is more than double the amount to rank 1->5.
  • VsauceVsauce Posts: 3
    DNA3000 said:

How many of those rank ups per month do you expect most Cavalier players would be doing? A 5* 1->5 rank up requires 22 T1A, which sounds like a lot (and it is). If you ignore the Sigil, you can get three every eight days from the T1A arena, plus ten every eight days from the glory store. That's 52 T1A in 32 days, just slightly over a month. That is more than double the amount to rank 1->5.
    That's 3550 glory per round of aq, or 14,200 glory per month just on t1a. I don't think anyone in their right mind will be doing that. Not to mention doing that would just change the bottleneck to some other resource
  • Erik_Killmonger1001Erik_Killmonger1001 Posts: 427 ★★★
    If anyone still needs help their is 12 t1a for the barons war side quest 24 if you stay loyal which should solve most of your problems
    Vsauce said:

DNA3000 said:

That's 3550 glory per round of aq, or 14,200 glory per month just on t1a. I don't think anyone in their right mind will be doing that. Not to mention doing that would just change the bottleneck to some other resource
    I think when someone simply quotes the total T1A required for a complete rank up of a 5* champ from rank 1 to rank 5 out of context, it is reasonable to quote what the maximum earning capability of players is for comparison purposes. The rank up costs are actually meaningless outside of rates: ranking up one 5* champ all by itself is trivial, even for T1A. What matters is how frequently you expect a player to be doing that. I don't expect that the overwhelming majority of players is doing that often, and they don't need 22 T1A all at once. But in the context of someone who somehow needs 22 T1A all that once, and more than once, it is entirely reasonable to say that there's more than twice that amount available every month. That provides some context to the numbers: anyone not in that extreme situation can simply divide down to more reasonable numbers.

And yes, the bottleneck will just move somewhere else. That's something I keep saying as well. But that's a bit of a tangent to the direct question of whether a particular bottleneck is a game-limiting factor or just a player-specific limitation. T1A is not game-limited. If you push as hard as possible in every direction, T1A is not likely to be your show stopper.
    DNA3000 said:

Vsauce said:

DNA3000 said:

I think when someone simply quotes the total T1A required for a complete rank up of a 5* champ from rank 1 to rank 5 out of context, it is reasonable to quote what the maximum earning capability of players is for comparison purposes. The rank up costs are actually meaningless outside of rates: ranking up one 5* champ all by itself is trivial, even for T1A. What matters is how frequently you expect a player to be doing that. I don't expect that the overwhelming majority of players is doing that often, and they don't need 22 T1A all at once. But in the context of someone who somehow needs 22 T1A all that once, and more than once, it is entirely reasonable to say that there's more than twice that amount available every month. That provides some context to the numbers: anyone not in that extreme situation can simply divide down to more reasonable numbers.

And yes, the bottleneck will just move somewhere else. That's something I keep saying as well. But that's a bit of a tangent to the direct question of whether a particular bottleneck is a game-limiting factor or just a player-specific limitation. T1A is not game-limited. If you push as hard as possible in every direction, T1A is not likely to be your show stopper.
    So saying there's 52 t1a available every month, without mentioning that it requires a ton of glory which would have been better used buying otherrank up resources which are also required for the same rank up somehow providing context?

Also, please avoid posting word salads like this. Adding 12 extra sentences just to say the same thing in a different way dosen't help your argument. It just makes it very difficult to understand what you're even trying to say
  • Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95

This could be an easy change (or something similar for solo crystals) that would be great in my opinion.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    It's not just end-game players. The second I got Uncollected, T1A became way less available. I used to overflow all the time because of repeatedly getting them from daily Conqueror crystals. Now it's the one thing I'm always missing for rank-ups. I don't even have a problem with T2A or T4B. I never get a chance to have that problem cause I'm always waiting for the T1A, especially since I'm mainly ranking up 5 stars now. It's been driving me crazy. Even with the latest update to the Glory Store, pretty much all rank-up materials are cheaper except for T1A. Buying them from the Glory Store seems like such a waste when you could be getting very nice chunks of T2A or T5B instead.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I just noticed the gold issue, you just noticed the T1A issue
    Stuff is only a problem once you need it
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    T1A is the most annoying bottleneck currently on the game for mid/high rated players. It’s a low tier item and increasing its supply can in no terms be game breaking. Whoever says there’s no problem, probably is not ranking up 5*s. Each rank up requires an average of 5.5 and the game supplies nothing near that amount anywhere. Even the arena gives only 3. The only way to have enough T1A is to play at map6 or even map7 ally and spend all u glory on them (btw T1A price is the only that remained the same last three updates). I don’t think this is the way developers want us to play the game. Probably is a huge problem overlooked and that should be resolved soon, as more and more people have access and ranking 5*s anymore.
    @Kabam Miike please look into this serious problem
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    IKON said:

You can say whatever you want about resource management, but when you explore act 6 everyone's in this boat.

How does this even happen? You get 10 t2A's for completion, 18.4 altogether from the various paths, and 15 for exploration. I'm nowhere near getting either, but when I do go for it, I will time every path I clear as my inventory has the space for them. Seems like it would be manageable if one were to pace themselves at a rate that you can realistically use those cats. Looks like Kabam wants people to slow their roll based on the rewards.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    phil56201 said:

IKON said:

How does this even happen? You get 10 t2A's for completion, 18.4 altogether from the various paths, and 15 for exploration. I'm nowhere near getting either, but when I do go for it, I will time every path I clear as my inventory has the space for them. Seems like it would be manageable if one were to pace themselves at a rate that you can realistically use those cats. Looks like Kabam wants people to slow their roll based on the rewards.
    This usually happens when your event exploration is much faster than your level up schedule. T2A only applicable to 5*r5 and 6* but T1A can be easily consumed if you keep rank up 5* from r1 to r2 (cost you 5 T1A per rank up)
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I hear the people about being stingy on rank ups and I am. Hopefully the event this month will help. But for those that are saying be stingy on rank ups they aren’t in the position a lot of people are starting to find themselves content wise and where use of upper level materials is throttled by lesser materials(t5b and t2a stuck in overflow). I am very stingy on t1a usage myself but have found myself with a solid chunk in overflow currently. Anyone running act 6 and map 6/map7 is starting to get in this position.

My problem is with clearing recent endgame content I and my alliance mates find ourselves with t2a and T5B in overflow with no T1a left to rank. When you need essentially 16 T1A to use 4T2a on 5* and you don’t receive them at a fast enough pace the t1a becomes the bottleneck over the t2a. This is regardless of whether you are stingy.

For lesser rank up materials they have moved them out of of a lot of the endgame content and AQ and also increase the amount of t2a. As a result we are here.

Now also telling people they shouldn’t explore content is basically defeating the purpose of the game. Truth is this happened in the past when lesser materials became a bottleneck that shouldn’t exist.

Again hopefully this month they will be a change to this as there is a large influx of t1a here.
    Vsauce said:

DNA3000 said:

Vsauce said:

DNA3000 said:

So saying there's 52 t1a available every month, without mentioning that it requires a ton of glory which would have been better used buying otherrank up resources which are also required for the same rank up somehow providing context?

Also, please avoid posting word salads like this. Adding 12 extra sentences just to say the same thing in a different way dosen't help your argument. It just makes it very difficult to understand what you're even trying to say
    "Word salad" is a term used to describe a set of words that don't have any real meaning. And if you think I said the same thing in different ways then it wasn't just difficult for you to understand, it was impossible.
    DNA3000 said:

Vsauce said:

DNA3000 said:

Vsauce said:

DNA3000 said:

"Word salad" is a term used to describe a set of words that don't have any real meaning. And if you think I said the same thing in different ways then it wasn't just difficult for you to understand, it was impossible.
    And so you ignore the first part of my post

As for your claim in this post, I planned to break down your earlier post stating how your 5th sentence was a repetition of the first, 3rd and 4th and 6th sentences were the same as the 2nd with some exapansion, last paragraph was your 6th sentence repeated, but I'm not going to do that since you'll probably again ignore what my problem with the "context" you provided was
    Vsauce said:

DNA3000 said:

Vsauce said:

DNA3000 said:

Vsauce said:

DNA3000 said:

And so you ignore the first part of my post

As for your claim in this post, I planned to break down your earlier post stating how your 5th sentence was a repetition of the first, 3rd and 4th and 6th sentences were the same as the 2nd with some exapansion, last paragraph was your 6th sentence repeated, but I'm not going to do that since you'll probably again ignore what my problem with the "context" you provided was
    Actually, having reread what I wrote, I’d rather you actually give that your best shot. There’s probably nothing I could say about the validity of your posts that you couldn’t say better by just posting whatever comes to mind.